Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla order cancelled with no warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As long as people keep buying and pay the price from them it continues to support the dysfunction. It's called corporate greed. I gave up and traded my 2021 S for a 2022 Kia Ev6. Better build quality, and service. My model S was in service multiple times, cameras not working because the sun was to bright, or to cold etc. Front motor failure 1st week, list goes on..... My Kia has been great. No service issue. Lots of new options, Tesla is not the only choice anymore. Best of luck.

As a long time Kia owner (and recent Telluride owner) I would never call Kia service better.

Lots of EV choices for sure.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
As long as people keep buying and pay the price from them it continues to support the dysfunction. It's called corporate greed. I gave up and traded my 2021 S for a 2022 Kia Ev6. Better build quality, and service. My model S was in service multiple times, cameras not working because the sun was to bright, or to cold etc. Front motor failure 1st week, list goes on..... My Kia has been great. No service issue. Lots of new options, Tesla is not the only choice anymore. Best of luck.

We got tbe Ioniq 5 (same base) and love it

Reactions: Cypcode
There were a bunch in this thread:

But I'm not going to search for them for you in all 2035 pages.
You didn’t link a single one. You posted a 2,000 page order thread. Nice try.

Update on my cancellation. My advisor tried to reinstate the order but could not. They said the auto cancellation was a clear issue on their end and has happened to others but they couldn’t change the system. I had to submit a new order and they put in a request to have my original price honored. They also are going to try to get me a new VIN as quickly as possible. They were all very nice and apologetic for what happened. We shall see when I do get the vehicle.

This just happened to me this week. First VIN assigned and I am out of town this week for delivery. I went into a Tesla location on Friday and they said there would be no problem waiting until Monday when I’m back. Then the order is silently canceled and they said the VIN has already been reassigned. I ordered back on May 2021.
This is just BS. There is no excuse for this kind of customer treatment.

Another update. I received a VIN yesterday, about a week after I placed the new order. I’m surprised by how quickly I received a new VIN given the other stories I’ve heard. Will let you all know when I actually receive the vehicle. I’m definitely feeling better about the situation.
Any update on the original price being honored?

I’m sure there are details left out in OP’s story, but that doesn’t change the fact Tesla has shitty ass customer service.
I ordered my X Plaid in July 2021 figuring it would be at least a year till delivery came due.
Get notification in March 2022 (end of quarter) my vehicle is ready for delivery.
I contact Tesla and let them know not ready and they put me back in the queue.
Get notification in June (end of quarter) my vehicle is ready. Again, I contact Tesla and let them know I’m not ready and they throw me back in the queue.
I’m thinking to myself, well damn Tesla is keeping me updated and easily sticking me right back in the queue. I’m not use to this smooth customer interaction (issues with past Tesla’s and solar) and I’m feeling good about the direction Tesla customer service is heading…then I get notification in July that they have another X Plaid ready for me but this one comes with a note stating if you don’t take delivery the system will auto cancel on July 15th and I will have to reorder.
I got in at the lower price so I was like crap ok I’ll take the damn vehicle. I contact the Tesla and let them know I can purchase the vehicle on July 19th Tesla rep states has to be by July 15th or the system will auto cancel. Ask to speak with supervisor. Supervisor states same. Ask to speak to his supervisor and Tesla rep advises no one else to speak with. I tell the rep oh I didn’t know I was speaking to Elon Musk himself. Not sure that rep liked that comment or he figured I wasn’t going to stop and he said he could extend it to July 19th, but nothing he could do after that.
Cool, so July 19th comes and they are going to deliver to mi casa and I have the delivery timeframe in the Tesla app. The timeframe comes and goes and no delivery. I contact Tesla 30 mins later and Tesla rep advises they were having some issues with the “detailing process” and they are assigning driver now.
I wait around like a dummy for a few hours and nothing. I contact Tesla back and they advise they wanted the vehicle to be detailed correctly and will have to deliver the next day.
Next day comes and Tesla comes through with their promise they would deliver a vehicle, but this X Plaid had all kinds of issues.
The normal paint defects, panel gaps were all present, but the damn passenger side falcon door would not even close. The poor delivery driver calls Tesla and the stupid Tesla rep advises the driver to back the vehicle up 5 feet and try it again. Don’t really know what that would do since the vehicle was on a flat surface with nothing blocking the door. So the driver backs the vehicle up 5 feet and same issue. Then rep advises driver to do the reset from the steering wheel. Again, same issue. Tesla rep advises need to drive the vehicle back to Fremont to fix the door.
Door is fixed a couple days later and they deliver the vehicle back (which it now has 150 miles on it)
Since delivery back noticed all the seats have pretty horrible looking wrinkles in them and Tesla advised that’s in “Tesla spec” and changing seat covers or seat themselves won’t fix the problem since all the S and X’s have the same issue.
The passenger front door molding came off. The falcon door moldings look already extremely worn out. The passenger quarter window trim pieces is falling off and Tesla looked at it and stated they would have to replace the entire quarter window, but right now it’s within “Tesla spec”
The poor customer service and build quality is what will eventually doom Tesla.
They can get away with it now, but once the market catches up and Tesla decides to open up the supercharging network to other EV’s it will be the death of Tesla

Part of me wonders if they are giving folks with the old price the rejected cars to see if they’ll bite.

I have owned a model X since 2016, I placed a new order in January 2021 for a new model X.

Last week, I got an email saying my VIN was ready and if I still wanted the vehicle, I was so excited and obviously said yes. I responded to some messages about receiving the new vehicle, then inquired about a trade-in.

On wednesday the 14th, they asked me for new photos for old vehicle I wanted to trade-in. I'm a first responder and have been working many hours the past week, but had my wife stop my the dealership today 9/19 to take care of it.

They sat with her for a while talking about a new model Y that she was looking to purchase, then went into my new vehicle and said that my order was just cancelled 20 minutes ago.

I placed the order in January 2021 and now they are saying my order was cancelled, i'm very frustrated with this. I called Tesla support and it goes to a voicemail with the mailbox full. I spoke with the sales person in Michigan and he stated, he wouldn't be able to let me speak with a manager because they would just tell me the same thing and the only number he had for me to call was the basic tesla support number with the full voicemailbox.

Does anyone have any advice??
Tweet Elon…???

• Disagree
Reactions: DrDabbles
Is Twitter still up? Many of the senior people left Thursday at 5 PM EST. They dropped off Elon's concall at 5PM in the middle of him speaking about why they should stay.
Yes—the grifting Twitter (Elon) haters are going to eat their words when he turns it into a $500B business by 2030. Twitter is still very much operational.

Tell you what, if OP can prove he somehow got Tesla to reverse this decision and give him a Model X at the original price he had reserved, I’ll pay for a full year of their Supercharging. If I re-neg, mods can ban me for life.

How confident do you feel that Tesla is going to help out in this situation?

Are you ready to pay up? Haha, thankfully got it at the original price I had reserved it at.