Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla order page change res # to Model X 00XXXX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was assigned my VIN, the hidden dates showed "Late February - March" Then it changed to "March - Early April" then it disappeared. Yesterday it said "Late April - May" now it has disappeared again.... Humph... I think I'll just go find something else to do until the day my DS calls me. Trying to analyze this and guesstimate when the car will be delivered is futile.

I posted this in the other thread, but I already talked to my DS earlier today and he said 1-3 months before mine enters production. My page says delivery March 24-31st. It's got to be a bug, and people should adjust their expectations accordingly.

Ohmman - Even though your DS comments are somewhat contradictory to the recent posts regarding deliver date windows for some 90D units, I still feel the posts over the last few days on this thread are a cause for some optimism and even excitement. First, if you believe Elon from the Q4 call that they expect by week one Q2 they will be producing at least 800 Xs/week, and taking into account it appears VINs have been issued up to around 5,000, it make sense that we should see some 90Ds delivered late this month but more likely next. Another data point that is good for us non performance reservation holders is that it looks like performance orders are less than 3,000. Admittedly, this is a wild guess based on vin assignment for 90Ds. Anyway, I look forward to others letting me know why my optimism/excitement is unfounded.

Ohmman - Even though your DS comments are somewhat contradictory to the recent posts regarding deliver date windows for some 90D units, I still feel the posts over the last few days on this thread are a cause for some optimism and even excitement.

Fair enough. Everyone else is welcome to their own interpretation. It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. I've been riding the Tesla/Model X train for a while and every time we stop, the conductor tells me my stop is next. I haven't seen the landscape change enough yet to think it might be true this time. :wink:

Fair enough. Everyone else is welcome to their own interpretation. It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. I've been riding the Tesla/Model X train for a while and every time we stop, the conductor tells me my stop is next. I haven't seen the landscape change enough yet to think it might be true this time. :wink:

Maybe you are on the Hyperloop test track. :smile:
Ha! That was pretty funny! Made me LOL! ;-)

Mine was removed as well since yesterday. It said May - early June for a 90D 49xx vin. Now it is blank.

I'm also a 49xx vin with a delivery date that was listed late April-May yesterday and is now blank.
Perhaps TM was overwhelmed with the response from res holders and opted to blank it out to reduce false hope. Let's hope they do 1000 in March and another 2000 by April and can get to all configured 90D's with vins by June.

Last edited:
I think we will see 100D next year to buy them time before they start switching to new giga factory batteries.

Maybe so. I just have been paying attention to the response to wk057's discovery, and it seems like it might be much sooner than that. I did some napkin math to see how much it would matter in this thread:

Tesla is going to do a 100D and P100D... - Page 8

Yesterday my source code showed "March - Early April", today it shows "March 11 - March 18"
VIN # 12xx, Confirmed 12/28/15
P90DL, 22" Onyx Wheels, 6-Seat White Interior, Premium & every other option, factory pickup in CA.

Now my page shows nothing under "Estimated Delivery". The source code shows no dates after "Estimated Delivery".
About an hour ago the Estimated Delivery dates weren't even hidden, they were clearly displayed on the My Tesla page.

Perhaps the discovery of hidden "Estimated Delivery" dates caused a flood of calls/emails to Tesla and they are hiding the "Estimated Delivery" dates from the "My Tesla" page.
I hope the original dates I saw are still accurate!

I called Tesla this morning and they told me my X was in the "final stages of production".
My DS replied also replied to my email this morning and wrote "Your Model X has moved into production and we expect it to be ready in the next few weeks. Do you have have any travel plans the rest of the month that we would need to work around? Also, do you plan on financing leasing, or paying in cash? And finally, do you have a car that you would like to trade in?"

My "Estimated Delivery" dates are still missing from "My Tesla" page.

Yesterday my source code showed "March - Early April", today it shows "March 11 - March 18"
VIN # 12xx, Confirmed 12/28/15
P90DL, 22" Onyx Wheels, 6-Seat White Interior, Premium & every other option, factory pickup in CA.

I called Tesla this morning and they told me my X was in the "final stages of production".
My DS replied also replied to my email this morning and wrote "Your Model X has moved into production and we expect it to be ready in the next few weeks. Do you have have any travel plans the rest of the month that we would need to work around? Also, do you plan on financing leasing, or paying in cash? And finally, do you have a car that you would like to trade in?"

My "Estimated Delivery" dates are still missing from "My Tesla" page.

Estimated delivery dates disappeared from my page, even in the page source :-(

PVogel and Ohmman.... check your Tesla page again. Mine is back and no longer hidden. I think we are beginning to over think everything on the page. I didn't look at the source, it was right on the page.... seems like an effort for Tesla to be more informative. ALL IS GOOD

For those who like playing in the source.... the date has moved to Section description. Nothing is listed any longer in "hidden" estimated delivery.

Last edited:
If 70-85% of P90D/90D orders are expected to be delivered in March/April. Won't 70D orders start shortly after?
It is estimated that only 5k of the 21k+ reservation holders ordered and I don't expect a massive increase of orders of 90D/P90D's in the next two months so Tesla's only option would be to build 70D's.

Appreciate the optimism KMTG.... at this stage, I am hoping the March-April-Early May dates hold true to delivery. For me if the production/inspection and shipping takes 6 weeks, my P90D would have to go into Production soon. At any rate, the current "ramp" should be encouraging to all. Best Wishes.

I'm going to continue to be skeptical of these dates (or bull-headed, or whatever you might want to term it). If, for some reason, they really are trying to blow them out by quarter end, I'm going to be clear that I don't want mine until mid-April. Anecdotes being what they are, I've heard quite enough about quarter-end vehicles to know I don't want one.