Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla ordered to pay $16K to each customer for batterygate

Gixx1300R

Dec 30, 2017
orlando
A court in Norway has found Tesla guilty of throttling charging speeds and battery capacity through a 2019 software update. Customers in the country reported reduced range and slower charging times at Supercharger stations. To settle the complaint, Tesla has been ordered to pay each affected owner around $16,000.

David29

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
Hard to imagine that award standing for long. Also wonder if it is likely that courts in other jurisdictions would rule the same way on the same suit.

Chaserr

Hyperactive Hyperdrive
Sep 5, 2017
Logan
This is Tesla, Elon Musk might "do us a favor" by offering a customers to pay $20k for battery pack replacement with 4680 cells.
If they do I'll put my money where my mouth is and pay. I have said all along if they let me help buy them out of this hole I will. I just want the company to be honest, forward planning, and customer friendly. Fraud is not their best look, I'll pay up to help reinforce a return to honesty. Sustainable transportation is what I bought into. Disposable is not. I expected teething pains, not fraud. I'll rejoice if this was a teething issue.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC