Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (OS) Browser - Parental control missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your not Looking for it you won’t Find it. Do people cover their eyes when they drive by adult bill boards on the highway? Lol. As if there weren’t bigger life concerns to fret over. Side note, is there any way to remove religious content off my radio It conflicts when I’m trying to listen to Howard Stern.

• Funny
Reactions: Relayer
Correct, there are many web content filters out there, and in many countries by law Internet providers must have them enabled by default,
I don't have an issue with browsing the Internet, but I do have a very big problem with bad content.

I think it's a pretty basic request, I mean all big Tech companies either provide their own (e.g. Apple's Screen Time, Google Play Store Rating, Safe Search, etc.) or at least provide you with the tools to do it somehow.

So obviously, there is a genuine need, and there are many people who want to keep themselves away from all bad and immoral content, each for their own reasoning.
Correct, so you can finish driving, put your car in your pocket and walk away with a clean conscience that it'll be safe-for-work-content-only when you decide to casually browse the internet on it.

+1 Tesla please implement.

Correct, there are many web content filters out there, and in many countries by law Internet providers must have them enabled by default,
I don't have an issue with browsing the Internet, but I do have a very big problem with bad content.

I think it's a pretty basic request, I mean all big Tech companies either provide their own (e.g. Apple's Screen Time, Google Play Store Rating, Safe Search, etc.) or at least provide you with the tools to do it somehow.

So obviously, there is a genuine need, and there are many people who want to keep themselves away from all bad and immoral content, each for their own reasoning.
👍👍👍 Well said.

Reactions: jo-net
Actually it would increase sales as i know of people who refrain from buying the Tesla due to the fact that the browser is not able to be filtered properly.
It's a shame that they should loose out on such a good car. Tesla OS is using Linux OS and is very hard/not possible to filter properly unless Tesla creates it internally which would help them out.
Was searching for info on this and stumbled across this thread,

Would really love such an option, yes I am religious and would love a Tesla, but unfortunately not when I'll have access to all the bad stuff out there on the web on the tip of my finger.

Any other ideas anyone?
What an amazing coincidence!

In my opinion it "should" be an option for the user to filter or block adult content, as thought you do cars to be fully good and usable for the user?! and not just to be smart and finished! so this should be an option for the user to do so please!

The key cards work well to block unauthorized access to the web browser.
yes! but don't forget we are in "2022" and give a look what all company's are busy with! To make things good and compatible and optional for the users of the product! so wouldn't it be nice to give full control to the user to make the settings of the internet much more rich so the user can block anything how he wants, and not to limit the user from using his car! and say to him only this and that option is available!

==Make your cars usable for "ALL" users!!
Its 2022!!

yes! but don't forget we are in "2022" and give a look what all company's are busy with! To make things good and compatible and optional for the users of the product! so wouldn't it be nice to give full control to the user to make the settings of the internet much more rich so the user can block anything how he wants, and not to limit the user from using his car! and say to him only this and that option is available!

==Make your cars usable for "ALL" users!!
Its 2022!!
Wouldn’t sharing you car keys (cards) with someone you don’t trust to be responsible be the same solution? You can‘t access my phone without the key password either. If you need fences and safety to protect you from technology you likely shouldn’t use it to begin with.

Wouldn’t sharing you car keys (cards) with someone you don’t trust to be responsible be the same solution? You can‘t access my phone without the key password either. If you need fences and safety to protect you from technology you likely shouldn’t use it to begin with.
Yes understand, but why should we stay limited to this option?
and why should it be called "need fences and safety to protect you from technology"? Apple has made an option to hide and block any app on there system with a code even you can just block your phone with a password! why did they do it??
The answer is: Because they don't stop by forcing 1 option to the user! they doing all kind of ways that the user can choose what way he wants to block etc!!
That's not called "need fences and safety to protect you from technology"! ITS CALLED "2022"! giving the user the best and the most options we can to give him the best choice HE wants!!
Isn't that clear??

Yes understand, but why should we stay limited to this option?
and why should it be called "need fences and safety to protect you from technology"? Apple has made an option to hide and block any app on there system with a code even you can just block your phone with a password! why did they do it??
The answer is: Because they don't stop by forcing 1 option to the user! they doing all kind of ways that the user can choose what way he wants to block etc!!
That's not called "need fences and safety to protect you from technology"! ITS CALLED "2022"! giving the user the best and the most options we can to give him the best choice HE wants!!
Isn't that clear??
It’s called I don’t buy my kids cars as they are not adults. Phones yes so they Need adult supervision. You need to be the parent

It’s called I don’t buy my kids cars as they are not adults. Phones yes so they Need adult supervision. You need to be the parent
Your might be right, but DONT limit the users to block them of accessing a rich settings options!
even there might be that for YOU its not needed.
I Thought tesla is providing there cars for the free world and not limited to people that or compatible to the options there is?!
Think deep in to it!

Your might be right, but DONT limit the users to block them of accessing a rich settings options!
even there might be that for YOU its not needed.
I Thought tesla is providing there cars for the free world and not limited to people that or compatible to the options there is?!
Think deep in to it!
Sorry don’t understand What your trying to say.

Meaning that you might be right, BUT still it doesn't answer the question why it should be limited to this option you gave about the keys, why shouldn't this option be open free for everyone meaning that even it might be that for YOU its not needed but for other people that have other thoughts or other life styles for them it is important to have open rich settings!
No need to prove! just look on the main operating systems how they made it so rich for the user to enable or disable whatever the user needs and not to limit the options for the user!

This is just a ridiculous thing to expect from a car. The browser sucks and even Elon admits it. not worth wasting your time or energy over. "Rish settings" in a cars browser? its not for doing homework or anything that takes more than a couple minutes. They arent going to hire a team to build a browser and it's not going to license a real browser for millions of cars. it's a bare bones basic browser, and its going to stay basic.

This is just a ridiculous thing to expect from a car. The browser sucks and even Elon admits it. not worth wasting your time or energy over. "Rish settings" in a cars browser? its not for doing homework or anything that takes more than a couple minutes. They arent going to hire a team to build a browser and it's not going to license a real browser for millions of cars. it's a bare bones basic browser, and its going to stay basic.
Don't call it "Rish settings"!
Because its not necessary for you it doesn't mean that for others too its not important!!
Think of others!!!
Everyone thinks that his comfort is necessary but others not!!!
Think deep a bit!

• Disagree
Reactions: Yelobird