Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla over the counter parts or lack there of

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The inconsistency is what I don’t get. Mine was fully painted, ready to roll. For $11.

I wish, seriously, that Tesla would send all the SC managers out here to NJ to see how it’s done. They just seem to get it right. Not saying they’re perfect — nobody is — but service has met my expectations every time and goes beyond it many of those.

I genuinely feel for those of you with a bad experience; that’s just not acceptable. I feel like our folks here prove it CAN be done well, and within Tesla’s system at that.

So why can’t the others figure it out? That’s what I want to know.

View attachment 747023
Thats the part I need too, instead I need to get the old part which hopefully will fit for 40 dollars as that is the only one I can find that isn't damaged. Do they have pearl white? Maybe have them send one to you and I'll pay you to ship it to me?

Edit: I see you have pearl white. Seriously can you say you broke it again and I'll pay you to ship it, Its cheaper than Ebay and I'd get the right piece.

The inconsistency is what I don’t get. Mine was fully painted, ready to roll. For $11.

I wish, seriously, that Tesla would send all the SC managers out here to NJ to see how it’s done. They just seem to get it right. Not saying they’re perfect — nobody is — but service has met my expectations every time and goes beyond it many of those.

I genuinely feel for those of you with a bad experience; that’s just not acceptable. I feel like our folks here prove it CAN be done well, and within Tesla’s system at that.

So why can’t the others figure it out? That’s what I want to know.

View attachment 747023
As to the other things mentioned in here, I can honestly say when I went for them to replace my rear window it was a solid experience aside from the fact that I have to either live without Tint on the window or pay to have it retinted which is insane when this is a known Tesla issue. The rest of the times, service has honestly sucked. Like the first time when they touched up my bumper and got paint on the PPF because fixing it correctly meant having the bumper resprayed and me footing the bill to take the PPF off and put it back on and I figured I'm gonna have more damage by the time I wait for the paint to dry to put PPF back on anyway. On that same visit I mentioned the wipers spewing blue stuff all over the car, seriously looks like I dumped a blue iceee or something out my window. They said use clear washer fluid. I mean no other car on the planet does this to the point that it had me wondering where the blue was coming from for a bit. The other time was when the cloth they call an underpan or whatever ripped on the bottom of the car and they charged me to replace it claiming I hit something. I explained that it coincidently ripped when it rained and I knew that is what caused it, but they didn't care. I ended up finally getting a credit for that one after complaining for a year while everyone else on this forum got theirs replaced under warranty. Then I meet a guy a month ago who has a model 3 who had the exact same issue, the piece ripped when it rained and they claimed he hit something and charged him too. One out of 3 times aint bad I guess.

Man, the one thing I can say after getting a Tesla is that there sure are a lot of bootlickers in the community.

I can tell you from experience that this is not normal for other dealers/manufacturers, so why are you trying to normalize it?

Edit: Just noticed the moderator response. This is how Tesla does business because too many customers handwave it and allow them to.
If you think I am a Tesla bootlicker, you really haven’t been around long enough.

Broken USB port is where I draw my line I guess.

This is a young tech company that also makes cars and is still figuring out how to treat people and its business - until there are options from major car companies Tesla will be able to and WILL get away with whatever they want to - i agree that this is not how we are used to things with traditional car makers however this is not a car company - and the arrogance of Musk permeates the culture - that said I am really excited about my Model3 and for the first time in years do not have a Porsche sitting in the driveway - that says A LOT about the major accomplishments of this tech company that also makes cars -