Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owenrs Club Dashcam Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ditto

Model S75D 2016 AP1
Oct 5, 2017
Quebec
TeslaMotorClub_groupbuy.png

I am happy to announce that TheDashCamStore has offered us a group buy for the BlackVue DR750S-2CH. I was looking to purchase this specific camera and when doing my research I found out the Model 3 Owners Club had done a group buy, but I was too late to the party. I therefore decided to contact multiple sellers and the ones who did the group buy for them offered us the best price. Because the DR490 model wasn't very popular, we decided to only offer the DR750S. In order to obtain the discount, they need a minimum of 75 orders using our code.

Code: Tesla25

This code is valid for the following items:

DR750S-2CH-16GB Retail $389.00 GB Price $291.75 USD
DR750S-2CH-32GB Retail $408.99 GB Price $306.74 USD
DR750S-2CH-64GB Retail $438.99 GB Price $329.99 USD
DR750S-2CH-128GB Retail $508.99 GB Price $382.49 USD

In addition to the DR750S, the 25% discount can be applied to the following items: pmp, fuse taps or filter.

Shipping:
Shipping to the USA is included free at no charge (via FedEx Ground), however shipping to Canada will be recommended to ship with USPS Priority Mail only which should run between $30-$40 depending on the customers location. We will only be accepting orders and shipping to the USA and Canada on this group buy.

The group buy will end Sunday, November 19th. Orders will ship once they reach 75 orders. They may or may not continue the group buy once we reach that point, so if you're interested in buying... do it quick! Note that the prices offered are, in some cases, better than what was offered to the Model 3 Owners Club. I know some of you were waiting on the next Massdrop, but I think this is a pretty competitive price.

If you have any questions or issues with the discount code feel free to let me know. I'll try and post this (hopefully not against the rules) in multiple sub forums of TMC to help everyone see the thread before the deadline.

• Helpful
Reactions: Road.Runner
Well, I hope I don’t regret not waiting for 4K. I also just bought as I missed out on the last. It was cut off earlier than promised. Saw no reason to sit on the camera. Won’t get my 3 for just under a year (AWD) and don't forsee 4K getting as affordable. Hope I’m not wrong

Looking at ordering....When I get to the checkout, I see the coupon code box. It applies the discount. OP notes:

"The group buy will end Sunday, November 19th. Orders will ship once they reach 75 orders."

So they take our money now, and ship after the 19th or once they reach 75? What if they don't reach 75, they just refund? For those who have purchased, are you just rolling the dice hoping that the discount gets applied?

Good question. And needs to be answered by the buy organizer or the vendor. The answer can vary. On some group buys the price goes up x% if the target number is not met. And on the really good deals, the same rule applies when the target number is exceeded, the price comes down a little more. I've not seen and don't know what this one does.

Do you really think the added resolution would matter?
Kind of a personal question. It will matter to some. I think most will be fine with the DR750S but I just wanted to let people know that a major upgrade is just around the corner.

In my personal opinion resolution is extremely important for a dash cam but only needs to good enough to read license plates on moving cars. Sadly most cams don't do this very well. Even DR750S isn't that great (youtube has may comparison dash cam footage videos and DR750S is very good but certainly could be improved upon). This new cam (DR900S) could be amazing and people will regret buying a DR750S, or it could be a worse cam with other issues no one really knows, i certainly don't. People should checkout the videos themselves, if it fits your needs get a DR750S. If you think the resolution isn't good enough get a cam with better resolution (for example Opia 2) or wait a few months for the DR900S release.

Looking at ordering....When I get to the checkout, I see the coupon code box. It applies the discount. OP notes:

"The group buy will end Sunday, November 19th. Orders will ship once they reach 75 orders."

So they take our money now, and ship after the 19th or once they reach 75? What if they don't reach 75, they just refund? For those who have purchased, are you just rolling the dice hoping that the discount gets applied?
Same question - let us know (OP) when you get a chance!

Thanks again for organizing