Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owenrs Club Dashcam Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a thought: depending on how you have your dashcam wired, if you park your car indoors at night, you could turn the power off, to allow if to cool and then power it back up the next time you leave your garage.
The OBD connector I found, referenced in post #106 has a power on/off button that allows you to shut the dash cam off when parked.
Or- you could just unplug it.
But there is a reason they stay on while parked - there is a hazard from other vandals and hit-run type events.

Decided to add a finishing touch instead of having the wires protruding via the rear view mirror ball socket. Purchased an extra MX RR View Mirror Lower Cover from my SC (part # 1092607-00-D), drilled hole, purchased black rubber grommet from Home Depot, removed original part, replaced original part with my replacement DIY, and I like how it turned out.

Attachments

• 20171217_105713.jpg
    20171217_105713.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Akikiki
Decided to add a finishing touch instead of having the wires protruding via the rear view mirror ball socket. Purchased an extra MX RR View Mirror Lower Cover from my SC (part # 1092607-00-D), drilled hole, purchased black rubber grommet from Home Depot, removed original part, replaced original part with my replacement DIY, and I like how it turned out.

Overall that looks great. Those scratches on the upper housing though...at least it's on the passenger side.

My mirror housing came loose during my install...was afraid of scratching things up trying to remove the lower cover to get in there and reseat the clips. Just left it loose for a couple weeks until I convinced my service center to reseat it for me.

Overall that looks great. Those scratches on the upper housing though...at least it's on the passenger side.

My mirror housing came loose during my install...was afraid of scratching things up trying to remove the lower cover to get in there and reseat the clips. Just left it loose for a couple weeks until I convinced my service center to reseat it for me.

Thanks! I know... Upset with myself on the scratches but the flash from that camera shot makes it stand out. It's practically invisible in real life.

The drilled/grommet holes look much more professional than wires poking under the housing. I had problems getting my housing clipped back up and had a body shop guy finally reinstall. I wish I had thought of your solution. Good job. Now - I'm declaring it too late. No way am I going to pop that housing off again, or redoing my solder jobs.

BTW- I bought a 120v=>12 volt converter so I could operate my dashcam in front of my computer. Cam wi-fi works in the car wonderfully, but fails to broadcast from my 12 volt adapter. Might be the (in)exact voltage - but desktop failed.

Any chance we could organize another group buy? Maybe for the 750s again or the new 4k model?
Look around on TMC, there was a group buy here for the 900 already. It was scheduled to finish up the end of April. And if you check Massdrop.com routinely you will find the another group buy of the 750. I have requested Massdrop to a 900 buy. I'm waiting on it.

Reactions: viper2ko
Look around on TMC, there was a group buy here for the 900 already. It was scheduled to finish up the end of April. And if you check Massdrop.com routinely you will find the another group buy of the 750. I have requested Massdrop to a 900 buy. I'm waiting on it.

Can't seem to find a group buy for the 4k on TMC. I've been keeping an eye on massdrop as well

If you go to our site and subscribe to our email list you'll know when we're offering specials for anything in the future. You'll be the first to know rather than having to scour the TMC forums looking for what we have to offer. www.evtuningsolutions.com We don't sell your information and do not SPAM you either. If you email me directly I can make packages or give you better pricing. [email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: BigD0g and viper2ko