Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owenrs Club Dashcam Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m on the fence. I’ve never had a dash cam in any of my vehicles because I didn’t see the need. I figure if the car is insured, I’m good, and driving in US is not like in Russia.

What is the main draw to have one in the Tesla? I’ve been paying attention the last few days, and found that a good % of Tesla’s do indeed have dash cams installed.

Cost is not that big of an issue (although install seems a bit involved), just curious if there really is a NEED for a dashcam. Sell it to me.

Reactions: KyleDay
So I’m on the fence. I’ve never had a dash cam in any of my vehicles because I didn’t see the need. I figure if the car is insured, I’m good, and driving in US is not like in Russia.

What is the main draw to have one in the Tesla? I’ve been paying attention the last few days, and found that a good % of Tesla’s do indeed have dash cams installed.

Cost is not that big of an issue (although install seems a bit involved), just curious if there really is a NEED for a dashcam. Sell it to me.
Just one week after I installed the dash cam, some #%$^ fellow cut behind me as I backed into a parking slot. $8,000 damage. cam took. a great sequence of front, side and rear of truck as he hit and ran. I have a good photo of is face. I gave my insurance comp these photos and they said...if i can get the licence plate, they can get the vin and recover their cost of repair and return my deductible.
This is my first dash cam. I watched a few vids of me driving down the road without incident. pretty boring. asked my wife if I could install in her car- she cant see the value, even after my crunch. youtube films od dashcam events are eye. popping - but rare.
Im glad I bought it

Quick update we are at 71 orders and they will begin shipping tomorrow. Pretty sure we will meet our goal of 75, which is amazing! Thank you all for buying, I can't wait to get mine and install it. We'll keep this thread alive to show off our installations. If ever we want another group buy when the next model comes out I can look into arranging it again.

Reactions: MacGreiner

Because people lie. I was sold when I watched a girl come to a complete stop behind another car at a red light. She then went around the car in front and into the intersection while the light was still red. Cars coming from both sides hit her car, spun it around, and flipped it over. As they pulled her out of the upside-down car, she said "my brakes failed." People lie, so you need proof.

@Freedom101

I am in Whistler, BC. If you find a good installer in BC let me know!
Installation CAN be done by a shop. It is also within the capability of many owners with just a tad of DIY skills. I was afraid it was too much for me, but I spent an hour with a buddy and a beer and we got it done under a shade tree.
I would bet that just about any auto stereo shop would be happy to do the install, and even the lowest of their staff could get-er-dun. You just dont need a high level- like you would for tint/radar/detail work.