TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Owned Car Blocking Supercharger Stall

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by CalBlue 85D, Aug 17, 2018.

1. CalBlue 85D

CalBlue 85D Member

IMG_0510.JPG IMG_0511.JPG I've seen all kinds of vehicles blocking Superchargers, but this one was strange.....

I was charging a Tigard, OR on the way home from a 14-day trip, and this was by far the busiest Supercharger I've been to so far on this trip with 8/10 stalls being used and a steady flow of cars coming and going. Car #9 arrives and parks head-in to a Supercharger that is setup for back-in charging. I figured it may be a new owner, so when they walk away from the car leaving it blocking the stall, I ask them politely if they are planning on leaving the car there without charging. The driver says he is well aware of what he's doing and leaves. That's bad enough, but when I look at the car it has dealer plates on it and appears to be part of the fleet that is assigned to the Tesla store at this mall. There were plenty of Tesla destination charger stalls reserved for the store and plenty of standard parking if they didn't need a charge but it looked really bad to leave a company car blocking a Supercharger stall at such a busy location. Maybe there's something I'm not aware of in this situation, but it looked like a waste of a available stall at a busy location.

• Like x 1
  2. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

Man, that's lame. I wonder if there's any chance the person parking it there was a customer finishing up taking the car for a test drive. Perhaps being told to park there by an employee semi-mindlessly when done. Grasping at straws...

3. eprosenx

eprosenx Member

Did you get the VIN?

Might be worth reporting to Tesla and/or emailing the store manager.

Not the right kind of etiquette to teach people.

4. CalBlue 85D

CalBlue 85D Member

Yes, I just emailed the Tesla customer support and let them know what I observed along with the license plate number and pictures. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that there's something that I don't know about what was going on, but it sure looked bad to block a supercharger with a dealer car that wasn't even charging.