Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owned Car Blocking Supercharger Stall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_0511.JPG
I've seen all kinds of vehicles blocking Superchargers, but this one was strange.....

I was charging a Tigard, OR on the way home from a 14-day trip, and this was by far the busiest Supercharger I've been to so far on this trip with 8/10 stalls being used and a steady flow of cars coming and going. Car #9 arrives and parks head-in to a Supercharger that is setup for back-in charging. I figured it may be a new owner, so when they walk away from the car leaving it blocking the stall, I ask them politely if they are planning on leaving the car there without charging. The driver says he is well aware of what he's doing and leaves. That's bad enough, but when I look at the car it has dealer plates on it and appears to be part of the fleet that is assigned to the Tesla store at this mall. There were plenty of Tesla destination charger stalls reserved for the store and plenty of standard parking if they didn't need a charge but it looked really bad to leave a company car blocking a Supercharger stall at such a busy location. Maybe there's something I'm not aware of in this situation, but it looked like a waste of a available stall at a busy location.

Reactions: davidc18
View attachment 326616 View attachment 326617 I've seen all kinds of vehicles blocking Superchargers, but this one was strange.....

I was charging a Tigard, OR on the way home from a 14-day trip, and this was by far the busiest Supercharger I've been to so far on this trip with 8/10 stalls being used and a steady flow of cars coming and going. Car #9 arrives and parks head-in to a Supercharger that is setup for back-in charging. I figured it may be a new owner, so when they walk away from the car leaving it blocking the stall, I ask them politely if they are planning on leaving the car there without charging. The driver says he is well aware of what he's doing and leaves. That's bad enough, but when I look at the car it has dealer plates on it and appears to be part of the fleet that is assigned to the Tesla store at this mall. There were plenty of Tesla destination charger stalls reserved for the store and plenty of standard parking if they didn't need a charge but it looked really bad to leave a company car blocking a Supercharger stall at such a busy location. Maybe there's something I'm not aware of in this situation, but it looked like a waste of a available stall at a busy location.

Did you get the VIN?

Might be worth reporting to Tesla and/or emailing the store manager.

Not the right kind of etiquette to teach people.

Did you get the VIN?

Might be worth reporting to Tesla and/or emailing the store manager.

Not the right kind of etiquette to teach people.
Yes, I just emailed the Tesla customer support and let them know what I observed along with the license plate number and pictures. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that there's something that I don't know about what was going on, but it sure looked bad to block a supercharger with a dealer car that wasn't even charging.