Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There could be a couple contributing factors here.

1. While Tesla has opened up configuration to many owners, there seemed to be quite a few that did not receive an actual email notification. Believe it or not, there are people who do not follow this thread daily and did not know to sign in to check status. I was at a Tesla showroom in TX when they got the 3 and the staff were having people check online - two customers were quite surprised when they realized they could order. Now that Tesla has seemingly sent email notifications to all they could be getting more orders.

2. The adjusted delivery estimates may cause some to pull the trigger now - whether it is they just can’t wait that long for the config they want, or fear tax credit will be reduced by that time, I have to believe at least some chose to take it now.

All speculation of course but if Tesla has not sent out invites for 3 weeks it tells me they have a sufficient backlog of orders.

Reactions: Big Earl
I would agree with Mkorpal, but since Tesla just changed the delivery dates and the SR is now seriously delayed, I suspect that a number of current owners who were already invited to configure, but were waiting for SR will now take first production. If that is the case, then it may be another couple of weeks or more before we see Tesla open up invitations to further owners.

Reactions: Big Earl
D50F1886-22ED-4985-9CE4-90D78C2B8BE7.png
Just got the invite to design! Reserved 2/5/18

Well, if they are really inviting owners that reserved a week ago then that certainly gives credence to the view that they are through most of the owners.

It also reinforces to me that my reservation is still screwed up. Owner, 3/31 pre-reveal reservation, still not invited:( Been talking to Tesla but they say it is marked as owner and just that they will check into it.

Which part of Ohio are you in? Which SC?
I have reserved in July 2017, but no invite yet.
Hopefully coming soon.
Also, my SR estimate is early 2019, not late 2018. :(
Mine too and reserved 4-3-16 and owner. I believe they are trying to get people like me waiting for SR and now I've been sucked in by not waiting any longer and just ordering which I did! I think the LR will work for me as I have taken my S on road trips and never get no where near rating... hoping the LR 3 will get me 250 range @ 75-80 mph on road trips!