Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I just got the email confirmation that we can now configure our model 3 and delivery will happen in 4 weeks.
It’s such a tough call without knowing whether the $7500 tax credit would still be in place after 2017. We were going to get the standard range plus premium package. But if the fed credit goes away, it definitely will make sense for us to get the long range!!
Somebody show me the way!!!!

If you don't mind me asking, when did you pre-order? Like if you remember date and time? And I'm not sure if its information you want to give out, but maybe share the last 5 digits of your reservation number from MyTesla? Trying to figure out what place the rest of us are at in line. I pre-ordered on day one. Didn't stand in line at the crack of dawn, probably got there 2 hours before they opened. Again with the reservation number im not sure if its first 4-5 numbers or last or what but hey maybe we can narrow it down!

You can defer if I remember right, I didnt take a picture of the first screen so I can't confirm exactly what it said.

Yes, I remember from one of the screen shots that you can defer to wait for the AWD version and possibly also the smaller battery version without losing your place in line. What I'm wondering is whether they give you a time frame to fish or cut bait -- i.e., to respond with an order or deferral -- after which time you would lose your place in line.

Yes, I remember from one of the screen shots that you can defer to wait for the AWD version and possibly also the smaller battery version without losing your place in line. What I'm wondering is whether they give you a time frame to fish or cut bait -- i.e., to respond with an order or deferral -- after which time you would lose your place in line.

Unless it was on that first page, I saw no indications of that being defined anywhere. I will take a closer look at some of the pages and see if there was anything additional there.

If it's like prior releases (I was an X reservation holder), you can wait virtually as long as you want. But once invited to configure, folks are built in the order that their confirmed configurations are 'ready' at the factory.

In other words, Tesla is not likely to nuke your open configuration invite. But the line is shifting around you while you wait.

Has anyone clicked the "Hold My Place" button? What happens when you do, can you still go back and configure whenever you want to or do you need to wait for another invite?

Also, has anyone posted a screen shot of the page you get when you click the "View all premium upgrades" link?

Is this how the invites worked for the initial S and X rollouts? Were the invitation emails spread out throughout the day or were all of those emails for that particular day sent out in bulk at the same time? I just find it interesting that we've seen reports of people receiving their invite emails spread out over the past several hours.

Has anyone clicked the "Hold My Place" button? What happens when you do, can you still go back and configure whenever you want to or do you need to wait for another invite?

Also, has anyone posted a screen shot of the page you get when you click the "View all premium upgrades" link?

Not sure if anyone did but here it is

Attachments

• 2017-11-21.png
    2017-11-21.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: dsvick and Pkmmte
If you don't mind me asking, when did you pre-order? Like if you remember date and time? And I'm not sure if its information you want to give out, but maybe share the last 5 digits of your reservation number from MyTesla? Trying to figure out what place the rest of us are at in line. I pre-ordered on day one. Didn't stand in line at the crack of dawn, probably got there 2 hours before they opened. Again with the reservation number im not sure if its first 4-5 numbers or last or what but hey maybe we can narrow it down!
I'm guessing that everyone you're seeing right now has either a Roadster, Model S, or Model X that bumped them to the front of the line. That needs to be factored in, too.

I'm guessing that everyone you're seeing right now has either a Roadster, Model S, or Model X that bumped them to the front of the line. That needs to be factored in, too.

I also haven't seen any mention of anyone that received invites today placing their reservation online. Every single person so far seems to be a current owner who placed their order in person at a Tesla location before the online reservations opened up.

Reactions: Pkmmte
As of 2:30pm today, time is post in this thread, people who received invites:

danzgator (M3OC) 7:12am
GasDoc 8:59am
Bradleybang 10:03am
Shuji 10:21am
tenstringer009 10:31am
bonnie 12:33pm
raptorweb 12:36pm
GarrickS 12:37pm
Gr8Pursuit 12:45pm
KL670 12:45pm
Lump 12:52pm
nikeykid 1:14pm

The Dirty Dozen...

RT

Is Tesla done for today??? I am hoping to see some more invites tonight....for us owners who reserved online before the reveal.