Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any speculation as to the number of current Tesla owners with Model 3 reservations???
Don’t know but there were 90 stores in the US back then. If there were ten owners per store that’s 900, plus all the online reservations, plus all the non owners that became owners since then.

I’d guess 10,000 or more. Then I’d guess 25% or less want the initial configuration. All guesses based on nothing though :)

I live in So. Cal., have an S model, and ordered a model 3 on 7/31/2017. I have yet to receive an order request, should I be concerned?

No reason for concern yet. All of the invites today went to people that reserved in person before online reservations even started. I doubt you’ll get an invite until Tesla has gone through all of the other owners that reserved on 3/31/2016.

Someone from the Northwest Owners Club got invited to configure their Model 3, they are not an employee.

Rumor: Non-Tesla Model 3 Configuration went out today • r/teslamotors

This is rumor level at this point but if true implies that Tesla owner configuration is coming very soon.

EDIT: Meant to say "configuration" beginning not deliveries.. my bad
Current Tesla owners in CA are now getting invitations to order the long range model with the premium upgrades. Minimum $50k including delivery same as employees have been ordering. Requires another $2,500 deposit for a total of $3,500 that is now non-refundable.

You might be able to swap EA for the Premium upgrades. I have seen two other cars configured that way. May require a call to Tesla.
Doubtful, the purpose in making PUP required is to simplify production. As soon as you start introducing cars that do not have PUP they make things more complicated and that's not what they want yet. Standard range and PUP as an option are both listed early 2018 now so it should only be a couple of months before they are available that way in the configurator.

Reactions: T34ME
I don't know, maybe they ignore Model 3s for ownership status?

I think that's a safe bet. Back when the 'Tesla owners get priority' policy was first announced, Musk made a comment along the lines of 'thank you for supporting us before we were safe to support.' Not in so many words, but that was the gist of it. Essentially, it's a reward for 'early' Tesla supporters, where 'early' equates to 'pre-Model 3 era.' Of course folks who bought an S or X in the last year and change aren't exactly in the same boat, but I'm pretty sure that Model 3 owners do not count as 'prior Tesla owners' for purposes of Model 3 priority. That would go against the spirit of what Musk said.

Saw this model 3 with new all black wheels at Rockville, Maryland service center last week and 10 more were scheduled to arrive before Thanksgiving.
Model-3-11-16-17.jpg

I was at the Model 3 reveal event at the Design Center. I made this reservation (and another one) at the kiosks they had set up at the party, prior to going inside for the reveal of the Model 3.
I'm not going to get my hopes up that they're opening up deliveries to the great Columbia River Gorge just yet... my guess is that you're 'special' Bonnie, and they know it :)

Reactions: ccutrer
All of new orders I have seen are current owners showing addresses around the Fremont area. If there are any outside this area I have not seen one yet. So it seems to now be current owners who show a delivery address within 50 miles of Fremont.

I think they are trying to get those people closest to the factory first. Best chance to beat the 12/31 cutoff for 4th quarter deliveries. I would do the same thing.

Yup. And, there are a lot of us still fitting that profile who haven't received the invite yet. Let's see what the next couple of days bring...