Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm an owner for the past almost 4 years.
I guess someone doesn't agree that you've been an owner for almost four years? ;)

Disagree_owner.jpg

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Pkmmte
As a datapoint, I got my email midday yesterday (11/21 Tuesday) and was 7th in line at Palm Springs/Desert on Day One.

I've taken the liberty of freeing up my spot for one of youse more deserving types by taking the deferral (in anticipation of the AWD variant, which I expect in early Q3 2018).

Also am *not* fond of black interiors. I do like how the trunk turned out, love the HVAC design, and am somewhat ambivalent wrt 1 screen versus dos. The underselling of the range is a nice touch, given that you can lose up to 40% toodling about town over a given week. Bet people get every bit of 330 miles from point to point on flat highways during mild conditions. Without hypermile-ing in the slightest. An understated huge win for the price point at this time, dare I say.

Given the timeframe for my own delivery if I do end up with a Model 3 (Q3 2018), am curious to see what impact the Model S/X interior refresh will have upon Model 3 interior accoutrements. Little things - such as an in-car hotspot, 360-degree view, and so forth.

Meanwhile, back to the search for an AP1 car to replace my AP2 car - said AP1 car will be the perfect bridge car for 2-3 years if it turns out it makes sense to let the Model 3 dust settle for awhile *or* if (be still my heart) plans firm up for a proper pickup truck by 2020 (with camera stalks and HUD and AR and working AP2 (ok, AP3.5) and everystuff!).

Just need to get from here to there in the meantime. It's only 36 months... It's only 36 months... It's only 36 months...

I got the email today. I've got mine configured and ordered. The site said 4 weeks delivery. I am in Southern California, have owned two Teslas, long-time owner, a dozen referrals, etc. The first ones don't have many options -- exterior color, rims, premium package, long-range battery, auto-pilot, and full autonomous. I did not opt for auto-pilot or autonomous on this vehicle. I saw it up close at the Semi event the other night at the Design Center and it really is a beautiful car. I can't wait!

Received our e-mail at 1:43 PST.

Model S owner for 2.5 years. LA area. Ordered at Topanga on 3/31. Roughly 300th in line = 11AM.

My wife is still agonizing over color. Visited Burbank to look at various colors on MS/X.
Got it at 1:43 also!

Doing Black with 19'' wheels and no AP because my X will be main road trip car.