Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving to work today (I work in Palo Alto) I saw one blue Model 3 on the road and another blue one being delivered to the Palo Alto Tesla store. It was still on the delivery truck with a bunch of other Tesla's. It was just a quick glance so not sure if there were any others on it. Saw a blue one yesterday as well on the road.

How about white with a wrap? Save $1500 on white, get whatever color you want for $1500?
i think only the black is free, at least here in Canada that's what I have read...I also think red looks best (in pictures) with the 19s, but am also torn about owning a red car (there is a stigma with red in my mind)...and I think that midnight silver looks best (in pictures) with the 18 hubs. Haven't been able to configure, now do I think I will have that opportunity for another year :(

Panasonic executive said battery production for the Model 3 will increase dramatically soon. It could be that Tesla is just waiting to confirm that before they commit to delivery dates by sending out confirmation invites. We should certainly see some kind of step function in delivery numbers as soon as those batteries get to the factory. How big the step is is anyone's guess. Maybe just up to the next limiting assembly step, whatever that one turns out to be.

RT

Aargh... saw an email notification from Tesla only to see this :(

34B5EFB7-9B8C-413F-A1AA-EB676D3F1E47.png

For those who configured for early S or X delivery during those previous productions hells, were you promised an estimated timeline for delivery upon configuration that was then missed by a large margin? If you were given a timeline, was it 4 weeks?
I had early S date in January 2013. They called me late Nov 2012 to ask if I’d be willing to take in December 2012. So I got it early.

• Informative
Reactions: UZJedi and joefee
Data point:

- Model S owner since July 2013
- Waited in line, reserved 10:30-11am on 3/31/16 at Costa Mesa store in SoCal
- SoCal address

I've always had "Standard Battery" selected in the Delivery Estimate screen, so, unsurprisingly, no invite. I do think I'd probably have gotten an invite had I selected "First Production" (says Nov-Jan), but I'm in this for the lower priced car for a family member. Hopefully I'll be near the front of the SB line.

My second reservation has a lower RN (RN 108xxx vs RN 107xxx) and says Jan-Mar for First Production.

Data point:

- Model S owner since July 2013
- Waited in line, reserved 10:30-11am on 3/31/16 at Costa Mesa store in SoCal
- SoCal address

I've always had "Standard Battery" selected in the Delivery Estimate screen, so, unsurprisingly, no invite. I do think I'd probably have gotten an invite had I selected "First Production" (says Nov-Jan), but I'm in this for the lower priced car for a family member. Hopefully I'll be near the front of the SB line.

My second reservation has a lower RN (RN 108xxx vs RN 107xxx) and says Jan-Mar for First Production.
The delivery estimator used to say that your selection will not impact invite date. IE it is non binding. So, I never selected any preference. Hope it is not a factor. There’s another thread with poll of CA resident current owners, and last time I looked it showed only 15% had gotten invites. You are in good company... including me.