Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added @Kbra and @onautopilot to the spreadsheet, in case they want to add additional details. @wraithnot was already entered.

What do they call cowboys who round up the stray cattle?

Remnants: Cattle not gathered in the first roundup and remaining on the range. Riders go out again and again to find all the animals till the count is right.

Re-ride: To ride again, such as to check a pasture or allotment for cattle not gathered the first time.

RT

Are people who are changing their address
I would like to add my name to the list... i stood in line Annapolis MD, 3/31 reserved 2 and was about 20th inline. RN 1070245XX and 1074419xx... however about 3 weeks ago i changed my tesla address to Sacramento ca, even though i am in Maryland still. received email yesterday 12:28 EST. just not sure how to fill out your form.

Are you taking delivery in Sacramento? Or are they allowing you take delivery to your MD address? I was under impression that those that changed their address and got invited were in fact taking delivery in CA.

• Helpful
Reactions: bhzmark and Rusty1
FWIW - I emailed my previous OA who is now a store manager, said recent orders won't make it before end of December, probably Feb/March. I hope he's wrong though!
I expect that he's wrong. There are people from the first run of non-employee configurations that are taking delivery next week, which is just about 3 weeks. I can't see people configuring this week suddenly needing 10 weeks for delivery.

When I waited in line on 3/31, it wasn't clear if proximity to Factory or prior ownership was to be more of a factor. What I read on the subject was that both were being considered, but not which was more significant.
I was hoping that being close to the factory would get me in sooner, but it seems clear that previous Tesla ownership is much more important in order priority.
Not to disparage previous owners, who helped Tesla already, it somehow feels a bit wrong as I suspect that those who could afford multiple Tesla (particularly Model S & X) are in less need of the tax incentives than those of us who couldn't justify/afford an S/X and were hoping/counting on the credit to make the Model 3 fit in our budget.

Anyways, line waiter, non-owner, live near factory, not yet invited to configure...

I hope to know if the tax credit survives or not before knowing if it is right to order. At this point, I am fearing that I will be in a position where I have to lock in an order but not know how much the vehicle will really end up costing me. $7500 is a big difference to me.
The whole timing with this tax credit cancel or phase-out makes the decision process way more complicated.

Last edited:
I've been putting a lot of thought into this and I'm going to stay positive overall, but I've gotta say: It is absolutely *horse crap* that Tesla are giving priority for multiple reservations for people who own a single S or X and they haven't even given invites to all the existing owners in California who had their S or X at the time they made the reservation *after they waited in line at a store*. That's the opposite of what they said they would do, and they're potentially screwing people out of tax credits.

I think they have a lot to answer for right now, because not being transparent is one thing, blatantly saying they're doing to do something and then going back on that is another.

Hurray! I just received access to the Model 3 Design Studio with an estimated 4-week delivery. I placed my Reservation on 3/31/2016 at about 2 PM, Not sure yet if I will actually purchase the Model 3 because I purchased a Model S in November. I might purchase a fully loaded M3 for $59,500 plus tax, license & fees) with the intent of reselling it. Or I may just cancel my Reservation. The purpose of this post is to alert other Reservationists that---if you ordered on day 1, but late in the day---your option to configure may be coming soon.

As a consolation prize, those of us currently being stress-tested and make it through these trials will be getting early invitations for a one-way Mars mission. o_O

FE1A714D-6F07-4E97-A4D4-37877B91060C.jpeg

When I waited in line on 3/31, it wasn't clear if proximity to Factory or prior ownership was to be more of a factor. What I read on the subject was that both were being considered, but not which was more significant.
I was hoping that being close to the factory would get me in sooner, but it seems clear that previous Tesla ownership is much more important in order priority.
Not to disparage previous owners, who helped Tesla already, it somehow feels a bit wrong as I suspect that those who could afford multiple Tesla (particularly Model S & X) are in less need of the tax incentives than those of us who couldn't justify/afford an S/X and were hoping/counting on the credit to make the Model 3 fit in our budget.

Anyways, line waiter, non-owner, live near factory, not yet invited to configure...

I hope to know if the tax credit survives or not before knowing if it is right to order. At this point, I am fearing that I will be in a position where I have to lock in an order but not know how much the vehicle will really end up costing me. $7500 is a big difference to me.
The whole timing with this tax credit cancel or phase-out makes the decision process way more complicated.
I resemble that remark. ;) (And nice to meet you at the Get Amped test drive event in 2012!)

Haven't seen the invite yet, but that's a by design on my part -- I didn't expect the tax credit to be legislated out of existence so I was aiming for more than 10,000 cars to be finished before ordering one to replace my wife's Jetta and purposely signed up later. The current tax credit situation does change things; less incentive to get the LR version, more incentive to get the dual-drive later next year.

Ah we live in interesting times.

Summary of invites received:
11-21: 31
11-22: 34
12-07: 25
12-08: 14

I expect to see more 12-07 and 12-08 showing up since these tend to trickle in over time. Seems like comparable numbers to the prior two days back in November. Going to be interesting to see whether this two day batch of invites stops today like it did on 11-22, or whether the roll out takes on more of a daily cadence. If we do not see any 12-09 invites going out, then the next data point is days between batches of invites. It was 15 days from 11-22 until 12-07. Of course we have the Holidays approaching and F***ing things up :p

I was manning the spreadsheet most of yesterday since I had the day off and was just hanging out working on computer stuff at home. Maybe someone else can do the heavy lifting today? I was also doing private conversations with members encouraging them to add additional info should they be so inclined.

I think that what you are going to see going forward is that the true "hard core" enthusiasts are members here, found this thread or others, and dutifully entered data into the spreadsheet. As more and more invites are sent, you start getting into the "less hard core" people who didn't necessarily wait in line, and maybe aren't as frequent posters/visitors here. When compiling the invite data from the last couple days, I noticed that many of the people receiving the December invites often had less than 100 posts here. Based on that I think that the spreadsheet will still provide valuable information. We will see how long the process takes from invite to delivery from those updating the data. And there will still be later invitees who will populate the data over time and we will see how the timeline from invite to delivery changes over time. As the ramp increases, I would think the time delta would shrink.

Still do not have a good feel for total number of invites sent outside of what is being reported here. I have a question about the poll of current owners asking whether they received an invite yet. If you answer "no", then get the invite, can you go back and change your answer? If not, then we will never get to 100%, which would be a good way to see when non-owner invites might start happening.

RT