Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed. Technically, my delivery should be no later than the 20th. But I have no VIN and am heading off to Utah in about a week. DS says she can provide no further info until VIN appears.
Reminiscent of my LEAF delivery 7 years ago. Deliveries started in Dec. 2010. Mine was on that first boat, VIN 0256. no news until dealer calls me Jan 5 and says "come and get your car!".
First-world problems. 2018 Model 3 sounds just as good as '17.
And yet, I see myself on the chair-lift when my DS calls and says "Come and get your car!"

Actually, for resale value that '18 indication might get you more than '17.

Cars depreciate on January 1st no matter the milage.

Got quite a bit of push back when I said it was a bad thing for Tesla if the tax credit got scrapped because 'it will help competition more than it will help Tesla'. Wondering if those people now are of the opinion that this latest evolution is not good for Tesla....
I agree with you. While it's good for a lot of early Model 3 buyers, overall it's confusing and hampering things. Sure makes my decision to wait for AWD a lot easier if I can assume I definitely won't get the tax credit either way :).

Did you lose your job or something? The federal tax credit hasn't gone anywhere assuming you are still eligible to use it (have enough tax liability).

Tax Compromise Keeps Wind and Electric-Car Credits, Source Says

Thanks! This is relatively new info - no one has seen the actual tax bill yet but the news/rumors are encouraging!

No didn't lose my job (I'm actually retired) but an early M3 is looking like ~$60k without any credits/subsidies. I'd get a used S at that point.

Or this: Cars for Sale: Used 2015 Porsche Cayman S for sale in Yorba Linda, CA 92886: Coupe Details - 472671347 - Autotrader

Got it! At 4:43 pm Pacific today. All configured and ordered; 4-week estimate.

At peace now; coincidentally, heading out in an hour to the VW dealership nearby to turn in wife's e-Golf.

(Reserved at around 1:15 pm Pacific on 03/31/2016, in store. Model S owner. Bay Area)

IMG_0130.PNG

IMG_0131.PNG

Got it! At 4:43 pm Pacific today. All configured and ordered; 4-week estimate.

At peace now; coincidentally, heading out in an hour to the VW dealership nearby to turn in wife's e-Golf.

(Reserved at around 1:15 pm Pacific on 03/31/2016, in store. Model S owner. Bay Area)

Congratulations!
I plan to wait for the dual motor option next summer. The model 3 will be mine, as the MS is my wife's. So I will need it fully loaded with all the options.

Ok, everyone but K-MTG at TMC in CA with the priority qualifications is more less accounted for, at least to my satisfaction.:)

Now, since it’s going to be January anyway for delivery, it is time for the PNW! :D

Edit: (
I just realized that if K-MTG‘s experience is anything to go by, I may have jinxed myself by asking)

I'm still waiting for the invite to configure. California owner since 2013. Reserved online as soon as reservations started.