Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for those of you who received an invite and reserved online...are you all in LA county?? Any in the O.C or Bay Area??
It's happening... Received my Model 3 ready to order notification this evening.:cool: Multi Telsa owner, day 1 order in Los Altos, CA (Bay Area)
upload_2017-12-15_19-0-5.png

A fellow Portland Tesla Club member and owner from Camas, WA got his invite today at 5:30pm. Non-employee
That seems to be the first non-California, non-employee configuration email other than a couple that may have originally had a CA address.

So it’s of some mild interest to those of us patiently awaiting our invite in the PNW.

Oh, it’s fun to enjoy the thrill of waiting for an invite. Checking email like a rabid Nigerian prince, refreshing MyTesla ad infinituim in case the email has gone astray but the config button has found its way here....good times.

So if you do get any more insights on this first sighting of the miraculous email for PNW invitations, do please pass them along.

I am tickled that many of you have received an early Christmas present from Tesla to configure your Model 3. :)

I am hopeful that we will receive our invitation as a suitable Groundhog's Day present to foretell an early spring.

(Reserved online ~7:40 PM the night of the reveal. Own a Model S since May 2014. From our garage to the Fremont Supercharger at the factory is 150 miles according to the acutely accurate Tesla navigation display on the touchscreen.)

Reactions: Nevek
Weird that the first invites 3 weeks ago seemed to start going out at 6:00 am, and these invites seemed to start going out at 4:00 pm or so.

First thing in the morning kind of makes sense But 4pm on a Friday? They must have gotten some info during the day that lead them to send them out at such an odd time.

Weird that the first invites 3 weeks ago seemed to start going out at 6:00 am, and these invites seemed to start going out at 4:00 pm or so.

First thing in the morning kind of makes sense But 4pm on a Friday? They must have gotten some info during the day that lead them to send them out at such an odd time.

Maybe they just want it to be after market close / later in the 24 hour news cycle.

If the '4 weeks' is exceeded, do you get to re-configure without losing deposit? Only seems fair.

Nope! When I ordered my Model X back in January 2016...I chose the 70D but later got a call in March stating that I can have the car in a month if I opt for the 90D ($15k+) so I did...but didn’t get the car till mid-May. But they did throw in some extra Tesla swag to compensate