Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely not an issue for me.
I realized after re-reading this that it doesn't come across as intended. I was trying to make it clear that I agreed I was heavily taxed . I do not feel my AGI is "substantial", I really just have very few deductions overall. Charity and some stock losses (trust me, Nuverra Environmental is a top pick)...and nearly all of my families combined salary is subject to taxation.

I have to agree with this. I spent a couple hours inputting data myself. @schonelucht has made several posts today despite his vacation, but did not have enough time to unlock the spreadsheet. And then user @Sabinanners in his/her one and only post yesterday suggested that a backup copy they had could be re-posted to Google docs for us to continue updating.

Just before this gets out of hand and I get accused of wilfull malevolence. I am not at home and am locked out of the google account with which I made the spreadsheet (error 418 user is a teapot and can't remember passwords). Normally I'd pull out the one time scratch login codes remotely out of my encrypted storage but for various reasons I don't have a computer I trust enough to do so at my disposal here. There is some very valuable stuff in that safe storage besides those codes (hint, it appreciated quite a bit these last few weeks and rhymes with pitloin) so I hope you understand me not taking any chances here. Apologies for your inconvenience.

Just before this gets out of hand and I get accused of wilfull malevolence. I am not at home and am locked out of the google account with which I made the spreadsheet (error 418 user is a teapot and can't remember passwords). Normally I'd pull out the one time scratch login codes remotely out of my encrypted storage but for various reasons I don't have a computer I trust enough to do so at my disposal here. There is some very valuable stuff in that safe storage besides those codes (hint, it appreciated quite a bit these last few weeks and rhymes with pitloin) so I hope you understand me not taking any chances here. Apologies for your inconvenience.

schonelucht,
Thanks for the explanation! I was sure aliens were somehow involved, but didn't want to raise that possibility lest someone think the Model 3 kool aid I have been drinking wen to my head...

Now we just need to get our buddy @Sabinanners to get his stashed copy back on Google Docs.

RT

I got the invite, configured, and put the extra deposit on my Model 3 on 11/22 with a "4 week delivery" time promised. I'm now into the 6th week and I haven't heard from the DS or got a VIN. The lack of communication is disappointing. In all my previous purchases with Tesla they exceeded expectations and delivered early. I tried calling today, but nobody else had a better update. Anyone else who configured/deposited in November still in the dark?

I got the invite, configured, and put the extra deposit on my Model 3 on 11/22 with a "4 week delivery" time promised. I'm now into the 6th week and I haven't heard from the DS or got a VIN. The lack of communication is disappointing. In all my previous purchases with Tesla they exceeded expectations and delivered early. I tried calling today, but nobody else had a better update. Anyone else who configured/deposited in November still in the dark?

What's your config? Paint and wheels shouldn't matter much, but I wonder if there could be a config pattern with others who are waiting.

schonelucht,
Thanks for the explanation! I was sure aliens were somehow involved, but didn't want to raise that possibility lest someone think the Model 3 kool aid I have been drinking wen to my head...

Now we just need to get our buddy @Sabinanners to get his stashed copy back on Google Docs.

RT

I took the liberty of restarting that google sheet yesterday here:

Google Sheet Model 3 Invites

Will be glad to merge with any other sheet out there to keep it together.

You're not alone. I configured on 11/25. After seeing others getting delivery dates I reached out to tesla who let me know who who my DS was. Unfortunately she does not know and is unable to find out why others in my area who ordered later in December have already received a VIN or have received delivery.

Red / "19 / No AP.

Last edited:
What else is there to configure?

Did you order with AP? I suspect Tesla might be following the same practice they did with the S. Delivery by max revenue (year end). As an early 40 reservation holder I was moved to the back of the line with my S.

I let my OA know I'm going to postpone my 3 if they're not going to deliver by year end. Which at this point seems the case.

Finally got hold of my DS, Elle, a couple of days ago; had to call the 888 number a third time to successfully get the rep there to get Elle to call me back and send me an email as well. Scheduled for pickup midday on Sunday, the 31st! Could have possibly gotten it earlier but, am out of town right now. (Configured on the 14th, got the VIN on the 21st)

You're not alone. I configured on 11/25. After seeing others getting delivery dates I reached out to tesla who let me know who who my DS was. Unfortunately she does not know and is unable to find out why others in my area who ordered later in December have already received a VIN or have received delivery.

Red / "19 / No AP.

Aaron, that’s the exact same config as mine. Sorry that something’s off in your case. Not sure if it helps, but, I can DM you my DS’s contact info if you are interested; she was very efficient once I managed to get in touch with her.

Aaron, that’s the exact same config as mine. Sorry that something’s off in your case. Not sure if it helps, but, I can DM you my DS’s contact info if you are interested; she was very efficient once I managed to get in touch with her.

I appreciate the offer. I'll put some faith in my assigned DS (725/NV) and that's she's doing what she can. Overworked, probably... however I don't get the feeling she is "undermotivated, or outright incompetent". I'll leave it to fate.

Anyway, AllDigital confirmed his/her order a few days before me and should be next in queue (if there is one).