Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner equal rich?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be funny if these sneaky people are the owners of the gym LoL

Fred

I filed a police incident report with the local police cause my wife found it creepy someone is following us home. The police officer did mention it could also be a gym rec employee as well. Asked me to bring the letter over and alert the manger there.

I get it this is a case of mistaken identity.

That said I thing you are too eager to be a victim.
Model 3 is a new car anyone buying a $35+k car can indeed afford a gym membership.
I don't see this as anti-Tesla or a presumption you are rich.

Eager to be a victim? Someone following you home and take the time to write a letter like this instead of confronting you is being an eager victim? Seriously? I have better things to do then being a victim.

I wished they confronted me rather then creepily following me home and seeing where I live.

Obviously, using a gym without paying for it is wrong, but I do not understand why bothering tracking the (wrong) person and sending anonymous passive-aggressive note. Wouldn't be much simpler and more effective to confront the offender at the scene of the crime?

Exactly. I wished they confronted me. Instead I was creepily followed.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
Specifically, the part where the letter called them out “You drive a Tesla. If you can afford this car” ....

It didn’t say “If you can afford a new car” - it very clearly called out owning a Tesla as the benchmark for having disposable income.

The person writing the letter would say the same thing about a 6 year old Model S. The age of the vehicle never entered the anonymous letter writer’s mind - only the make.

Edited to add: as for projecting my experience - I live in the county with the 9th highest median income in the US, and we still get these kind of “unobtanium” discussions. Average income has nothing to do with the public perception ...

Exactly. The letter implied owning a Tesla is for rich people.

I’ve had several people who have asked me directly to my face if I was rich, or how much money I made (including a co-worker who has a similar position and probably makes about the same as I do). I always respond “would you ask that question if I was driving a Honda Accord Hybrid? Because that’s what I would have purchased if not the Tesla, and including gas prices the Tesla will end up being cheaper.”

Since then my co-worker has ordered a Model 3 :D

The note is about you not paying your dues and that's what they are upset about.... Your perseverance about the car is not doing you any good - pay the dues... And your English level isn't at the level where you should be criticizing others

Before you criticize others’ English skills, please re-read the initial post. This person doesn’t go to the gym in question; it’s a case of mistaken identity.

The note is about you not paying your dues and that's what they are upset about.... Your perseverance about the car is not doing you any good - pay the dues... And your English level isn't at the level where you should be criticizing others

Before you criticize others’ English skills, please re-read the initial post. This person doesn’t go to the gym in question; it’s a case of mistaken identity.

@gaswalla i would be happy to pay the dues if I was actually going to that gym. Apparently you can’t read English. Secondly if it’s only about the dues, why bother bringing it up what I drive? Did you not read the whole thread here before you add your comments that makes no sense? Grammar and English class for you.

I filed a police incident report with the local police cause my wife found it creepy someone is following us home. The police officer did mention it could also be a gym rec employee as well. Asked me to bring the letter over and alert the manger there.
Not only creepy but next time they will Key your car. If it was an employee, they would of confronted you about fees. So obviously it’s a gym member that is totally hating on you because you own a Tesla.

Fred

Reactions: ngogas
Go anywhere today and if they find out you own a Tesla, the price just went up, for example, I walked into a Audio store asking about a Subwoofer & Amp, told him it would need to be all in one and low profile as it needed to go in the back of the car... he was looking out the window and assumed I drove up in a Crv or a Honda Civic and showed me this sub, he quoted me $500.00 he also told me this is the Sub that they install in BMW’s, when I told him do they have experience with Tesla’s he changed his tune immediately and told me I shouldn’t install this sub, I told him but wait that was the GOTO subs for the “BMW’s” now that sub isn’t good enough?? He then added well the install price is $700.00 and I said wait you said $500.00 and agreed to the $500.00, I told him see ya! Found the same sub for 259.00 online.

The speaker upgrade package that this other shows on YouTube is $6500.00 and takes 5 days to install LoL, I guess they work 15 minutes per day. So when it comes to Tesla, do your research and go elsewhere.

Fred

That is called the Tesla Tax and is a well known phenomenon. Getting quotes for work at your home and they see your car, the same thing happens.

Bro, you’re from San Diego, stay classy and follow the rules... degrading and belittling is not allowed on these boards, especially to another Tesla owner.

Thanks

Fred

Eager to be a victim? Someone following you home and take the time to write a letter like this instead of confronting you is being an eager victim? Seriously? I have better things to do then being a victim.

I wished they confronted me rather then creepily following me home and seeing where I live.

So now you say they followed you home????? So you were at the gym in question and they followed you?
No, I am betting they saw your car in your driveway and thought it was the one they saw at their gym.