TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla "Owner Event" during Monterey car week. and a new line of Tesla leather goods

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by ecarfan, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#1 ecarfan, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Last week Tesla had two "Owner Events" during Monterey Car Week (for those not familiar with that, see Monterey Car Week, Monterey, California, your only source for complete events schedules and local information. ) I went to the one last Saturday in downtown Monterey. There were five Model S P85+ on display, free drinks, nice hor d'oeuvres and an interesting display of Model S internals. Below are some photos. And one more thing...on display inside were a new line of Tesla branded leather goods made from the same leather as the Model S seats and in the same colors: black, grey, and beige. A purse, satchel, wallet, iPhone cover, iPad cover, and a few other things I can't recall now. I was told it was the first time they were being shown, not on the website yet but will be for sale soon. Unfortunately I failed to take a photo of them!

Tesla Monterey Event 1.JPG

Tesla Monterey Event 2.jpg

Tesla Monterey Event 3.jpg

Tesla Monterey Event 4.jpg

Tesla Monterey Event 5.jpg

Attached Files:

2. bluefuego

bluefuego Member

Awesome photos of the internals. Thanks for sharing!

3. ecarfan

Also on display was an onboard 10kW charger with the cover off but I forgot to take a photo of it.

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Here's a pic of the leather goods taken by another Roadster owner:

tesla leather.jpg

I was told these were being made out of leather pieces too small to use for the seats, but too large to realistically just toss. So they're being repurposed :).

5. ecarfan

Tesla "Owner Event" during Monterey car week. and a new line of Tesla leather...

Thanks Bonnie. I see I remembered most of the items on display, but forgot the business card holder (I think I see that on the table?). Also, black leather and lined gloves with capacitive touchscreen-compatible thumb and forefinger. I thought those were nice but suspect my hands would get too warm.

6. Clprenz

Clprenz Member

Thats pretty cool! That way I can say I own a part of a Model S

7. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

The Wall Street Journal article on the "D" event last night said they had the new leather goods with Tesla logos on display and were taking orders. Did anyone here buy? Did they say when they would be available on the web site? Today the accessories store has the lower prices for HPWC and Chademo adapter but no new accessories.