Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owner Pulls Gun on Teens

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isnt ment to be a moderator comment or anything, but I still dont understand for the life of me why people think "Tesla motors club" is an appropriate website to discuss this type of thing, or why its "Tesla driver does XXXXXX" as if the car has anything to do with something like this.
In before someone says “Maybe they were using FSD”

Allegedly.

This isn't meant to be a moderator comment or anything, but I still don't understand for the life of me why people think "Tesla motors club" is an appropriate website to discuss this type of thing, or why its "Tesla driver does XXXXXX" as if the car has anything to do with something like this.

If the headline else where is Tesla driver does X. Then I think it's worth discussing here. Spin, FUD, whatever label you want to use it's in the public eye and is being tagged Tesla.

And to be clear it got posted off TMC before it got posted on TMC. It's not like we are posting fresh content. We are just discussing existing coverage.

You'll see the same in the Prius forums or the Leaf forums. It's not unique to TMC.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
If the headline else where is Tesla driver does X. Then I think it's worth discussing here. Spin, FUD, whatever label you want to use it's in the public eye and is being tagged Tesla.

And to be clear it got posted off TMC before it got posted on TMC. It's not like we are posting fresh content. We are just discussing existing coverage.

You'll see the same in the Prius forums or the Leaf forums. It's not unique to TMC.

You and I will have to agree to disagree on that. Just because someone does "something" in a tesla doesnt mean it should be discussed on a tesla forum. "Tesla owner has sex in car" or some stuff doesnt have anything to do with the car, just like this doesnt. Same deal.

It doesnt matter if its fresh content or not, it matters if its "appropriate" or not or has something to do with the company, car, etc. "Tesla owner goes fishing" is not news that goes here imo, just like this story.

If I see "Tesla owner goes fishing" on Reddit, Twitter, Youtube as in the same coverage goes viral across multiple sites I'd expect it to be discussed on TMC also. Whatever reason it got lots of coverage is the same reason it will be discussed on TMC.

Maybe it ends up in a different "forum" on TMC but someone will bring it to TMC. Asking for them not to is pointless in my mind.

• Informative
someone will bring it to TMC.

Yeah, they will, whether its appropriate or not. "Tesla owner goes fishing" has nothing to do with the tesla. "Tesla owner is homeless" is just as (non) relevant. "Tesla owner loses control of vehicle and crashes" = relevant. You obviously see it differently though.

What is the "Off Topic" forum for here if not for things like this? This is tangentially related, but clearly has nothing to do with Tesla.

The reason one might bring something like this to TMC, in the Off Topic forum, is because as a community we know other Tesla owners and that could have potentially helped to identify the criminal here. If you don't like the discussion, you can simply move on to something that interests you.

• Disagree
What is the "Off Topic" forum for here if not for things like this? This is tangentially related, but clearly has nothing to do with Tesla.

The reason one might bring something like this to TMC, in the Off Topic forum, is because as a community we know other Tesla owners and that could have potentially helped to identify the criminal here. If you don't like the discussion, you can simply move on to something that interests you.

Perhaps you missed where I said "this is not moderation content or anything" (because if I thought it was, I would have removed the thread). I just dont understand how people think "Tesla owner fishes in car" has anything to do with "tesla motors club", but people rush to post that stuff here just the same, and likely will continue to do so.

FWIW I do normally ignore it, as much as I can at least (given the fact that I still am supposed to keep an eye on some things for moderation purposes).

• Informative
I did exactly that, but it's amazing how strong the LED in the tailgate is. In the end I just had to shut it, which was a shame really

This was down near Galveston and the wind was really strong. I had to crack the window to get some fresh air and I could only really do it on the downwind side