Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owners around LA - want to lend me your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some members of Tesla Owners Club Norway, including me is going to visit the Tesla Factory in May.

Let me know if anyone is interested in lending me their Tesla Model S from 3. May to 7. May.
In return I can lend you my P85D if you are going to visit Oslo, Norway.
My plan is to travel from LA to San Francisco and Fremount, and then back to LA.

Rgds

Dag

- - - Updated - - -

Fremont

Dear Dag,

I would suggest Beverly Hills Rent a Car, Midway or Black and White. Those are three companies in L.A. which rent luxury and exotic cars like Teslas. BH Rent A Car has (or did have - back when I owned an exotic car rental company in L.A.) commercial insurance which allowed them to rent to foreign drivers.

I would also suggest Find a rental car or make money renting your car Turo - a peer to peer rental service that I have used twice to rent Model S's from other owners. However I do not know if Turo's insurance covers foreigners.

Dear Dag,

I would suggest Beverly Hills Rent a Car, Midway or Black and White. Those are three companies in L.A. which rent luxury and exotic cars like Teslas. BH Rent A Car has (or did have - back when I owned an exotic car rental company in L.A.) commercial insurance which allowed them to rent to foreign drivers.

I would also suggest Find a rental car or make money renting your car Turo - a peer to peer rental service that I have used twice to rent Model S's from other owners. However I do not know if Turo's insurance covers foreigners.

Thanks for the rental tips, I'll have a look at them, I already have a plan to rent a car, but I figured it was worth a asking if anyone was willing to lend me their Tesla in the spirit of the araising sharing economy. :)

no offense but id be surprised if anyone accepted your offer to "lend" you their car. i definitely would not "lend" a stranger my 100,000 car nor would i ask to borrow someones 100,000 car. if anyone feels differently than i do, step up to the plate!

no offense but id be surprised if anyone accepted your offer to "lend" you their car. i definitely would not "lend" a stranger my 100,000 car nor would i ask to borrow someones 100,000 car. if anyone feels differently than i do, step up to the plate!

I guess I'm looking for somone that plans a vacation to Norway and can see that they can loan my Tesla while they are in Norway. I wouldn't have a problem with this so there is a chance there could be someone out there with the same mind set.