Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners California Takeover July 17th 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was thinking about going but it says there are over 600 cars signed up

How the hell is charging going to work?!

Don't really feel like waiting 2 hours to charge for 20 minutes...

Last SpaceX launch at Vandenberg we had to wait over 2 hours to charge at the SC right outside. It was a total cluster F with about 60 cars in line

Can't imagine how much of a cluster it will be with ~600 cars needing to charge if that number is accurate. Sheesh

Last edited:
We had a great time talking to other Tesla owners and viewing all the customized Models! It was a well organized event with great food options for all, live music and plenty of parking. Well done team! I hope to see more events like this in the future. PXL_20210717_190132607.jpgPXL_20210717_190232491.jpg

PXL_20210717_190040791.jpg

Reactions: TwistedGray
We had a great time talking to other Tesla owners and viewing all the customized Models! It was a well organized event with great food options for all, live music and plenty of parking. Well done team! I hope to see more events like this in the future.View attachment 685641View attachment 685642

View attachment 685640
We drove up from So Cal and really enjoyed the event. Looking forward to the fly-over drone pics. Can't wait for the next one. Plenty of places to charge on the way up and the way home Sunday. Congrats on a Great Event.

Reactions: Mr X
Was thinking about going but it says there are over 600 cars signed up

How the hell is charging going to work?!

Don't really feel like waiting 2 hours to charge for 20 minutes...

Last SpaceX launch at Vandenberg we had to wait over 2 hours to charge at the SC right outside. It was a total cluster F with about 60 cars in line

Can't imagine how much of a cluster it will be with ~600 cars needing to charge if that number is accurate. Sheesh
It was good, no waiting at all on the way to the even and back, we drove to Santa Barbara the same day, again, not a single minute was wasted waiting to charge our car, all charging stations were half empty, didn't have to wait a single minute to get my car charged. Not sure why people panic so much, it is not 2014 anymore, tesla SC are everywhere today and people know how to use them

We had a great time talking to other Tesla owners and viewing all the customized Models! It was a well organized event with great food options for all, live music and plenty of parking. Well done team! I hope to see more events like this in the future.View attachment 685641View attachment 685642

View attachment 685640
I love that light blue MY with the trailer. What a nice color. I caught my eye the minute well pulled in. Made sure I took a picture with my wife and your (?) car.
With the ranges these cars have, charging in Oxnard on the way up from LA was a snap and then it turned out Pismo was available so we charged there on the way to the hotel in Santa Maria. No waiting anywhere to charge. We will do this again, where's the next one?