Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Can Edit Maps to Improve Summon Routes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone actually see a difference after making changes? I updated an incorrect parking lot that said the entrance aisle was a public road two days ago and tonight summon still stopped halfway coming to me and said it couldn’t be used on public roads.

It is when you select ESRI however, I'm unsure how accurate that satellite is.
Sorry, here is a screen shot

ESRI.JPG

Thanks for the tips.
I’m wondering if you can point us via a link or address to a parking lot that has been updated perfectly, and with the most possible detail.
This way, we can mirror this to what we are updating.

I’m wondering if instead of one “parking isle” per lane, we used two per lane, and illustrated them directionally, if that’s better than one. ?

Thanks

I'm also interested in that. I edited a few parking lots in my area but a perfect example to follow would be ideal.

I’m still not convinced this is really making a difference. I’ve mapped several lots over the past 1-2 weeks. They do not act differently to the best I can tell.

they do act different if I park in different spots or forward vs backward. Etc.

Does anyone know where the directions are determined? Is it the app on the phone? Perhaps android and iPhone are different?

Perhaps Tesla pulls data from OSM at different intervals? Or different by region?

Ill keep trying.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
It is when you select ESRI however, I'm unsure how accurate that satellite is.
ESRI and Maxar does not line up but the scale looks the same.

Can you do all the mapping work then do a "select all" on the entire feature set of the area and move it around?

Edit: Image offset of 4.75, -4.14 seems to line the roads up with the ESRI map which is the highest quality. I assume you have to line up with the roads right next to it.

How can you double check this in real life?

Last edited:
How interesting. Sure enough, one of the locations where routing fails on my FSD test route has a junction marker at the wrong place. Sadly though, when I went to edit the marker, there were other things attached that made no sense to me so I posted a help question and hoping someone can help me understand what to do.

I will try to check this weekend to see if another fix I made coming north on I-395 from the Springfield, VA supercharger resolves another issue.

To the earlier mentioned OpenStreetMap tips, I would add:

Keep in mind that as far as I know OpenStreetMap does not really offer an API for commercial use. Most likely Tesla just downloads the database and runs it on their server if they actually use it. They might also just extract the relevant features for their use. They might just do this once a month though.

Has anyone actually seen Tesla credit OpenStreetMap?

I changed speed limits to the correct numbers but no show after a week and some speeds have reverted back to the original "Incorrect" speeds. Any ideas? The last time I checked the box to have someone check it in case that was my mistake. Most of my city is 50km but the map varies fro 100 down to 50..
They’re definitely not using it for speed limits. I have an area that’s always had incorrect speed limit in one direction that I looked at on OSM last year. OSM had it correct then and now. Google has it correct. I have no idea where it’s getting the incorrect number from but it’s frustrating because autopilot limits you to 5 over posted speed there, which is below the actual speed limit.