Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First meeting of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (June 5, 2016)
For anyone who hasn't already, please RSVP (and also specify if you will be bringing a partner or friend) to: [email protected]

Overview:
This is the first formal meeting for the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta. This event will provide a meet and greet for as many owners as we can get out, as well as a chance for information sharing. We will be spending some time to kick off the club formally and to introduce owners to its structure. Representatives from Tesla sales will be in attendance and we will ultimately open the gathering up to the general public around 15:00 for anyone who wants to show off their cars and answer questions about EVs and Tesla.

Date: June 5, 2016

Place: Red Deer – Supercharger/Sheraton

Agenda:
13:30 - People start arriving at superchargers (Owners/Tesla employees)

14:00 – Meeting convenes in boardroom: (Owners/Tesla employees)
  • Appetizers
  • Owner discussions
  • Some informal topics/announcements
14:30 – AGM discussion topics (Owners) [ can start earlier if logistics permit]
  • Club Mandate/Mission
  • Inaugural club executive and structure (Vote)
  • Fees discussion.
  • Activities/Volunteers
  • Q&A
15:00 – Supercharger meet and greet (Owners, non-owners(Public), Tesla)

Meeting with Rolf and Silke (TeslaXCanada)

Hi for those who haven't been following the exploits of Rolf and Silke (TeslaXCanada) they are travelling from Victoria to St. John's driving a model X (possibly the first one delivered in Canada) with a trailer attached. They will be stopping in Calgary and Red Deer. So far we only have one thing loosely organized. On June 29th (a Wednesday) they will attend the Show and Shine that is now at the Calgary Military Museum. (This is one the east side of Crowchild Trail, between 33rd Ave and 50 Ave.) We are also looking to have some owners meet up with them before this but we haven't picked a venue yet. Any ideas of a decent venue near this location are welcome. I think we would probably need to meet sometime from 5:30 to 6:00 and then after some food/drink/conversation some or all of us would migrate to the Show and Shine.

Meeting with Rolf and Silke (TeslaXCanada)

Hi for those who haven't been following the exploits of Rolf and Silke (TeslaXCanada) they are travelling from Victoria to St. John's driving a model X (possibly the first one delivered in Canada) with a trailer attached. They will be stopping in Calgary and Red Deer. So far we only have one thing loosely organized. On June 29th (a Wednesday) they will attend the Show and Shine that is now at the Calgary Military Museum. (This is one the east side of Crowchild Trail, between 33rd Ave and 50 Ave.) We are also looking to have some owners meet up with them before this but we haven't picked a venue yet. Any ideas of a decent venue near this location are welcome. I think we would probably need to meet sometime from 5:30 to 6:00 and then after some food/drink/conversation some or all of us would migrate to the Show and Shine.
Hi,
Rolf and Silke have decided that due to time constraints, they will not be meeting up for food/drink prior to attending the "Cruise Night" show and shine. They are hoping that some owners will come to meet them at this and the event has been posted in our Facebook group by Capri. For completeness here, the address is 4520 Crowchild Trail and as above it is at the Calgary Military Museum on the east side of Crowchild Trail, between 33rd Ave and 50 Ave S.W. I think it starts around 6 but people generally show up at varying times from previous experience.

Welcome Skrenes,

Noticed you too have TSW Bathurst wheels. Are they your summer or winter wheels? Do you have pics of your car with them on? Curious to see how they look on Red.

Thanks.
Battman, I haven't been signed in since way back when you wrote this! If you're still interested, I've attached pictures of my car with the TSW Bathurst 19x8.5 wheels. They're mounted with Nokian WRG3 tires. I actually have a write up on the rims/tires that I plan to post up when I finish my thesis at the end of this month.

Attachments

• IMG_8004.JPG
    IMG_8004.JPG
    496.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8003.JPG
    IMG_8003.JPG
    462.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8002.JPG
    IMG_8002.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Informative
Reactions: beeeerock and Lon12
Oh nooooooo! I missed the First meeting of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (June 5, 2016).
I haven't sign in for awhile and now I just reading about it :((((
I'm not an owner yet but I hope one day soon I will be.
I would love to meet lovers like me or owners whom maybe can take me for a ride somewhere. I don't know much about technical or mechanical stuff but I love Tesla and I want to experience in person things, not just reading about.
So if anybody is planning a short or long trip, let's say in Banff or somewhere else, and maybe needs company, please take me in consideration. I will pay the gas hahahahaah
Thank you everyone

First meeting of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (June 5, 2016)
For anyone who hasn't already, please RSVP (and also specify if you will be bringing a partner or friend) to: [email protected]

Overview:
This is the first formal meeting for the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta. This event will provide a meet and greet for as many owners as we can get out, as well as a chance for information sharing. We will be spending some time to kick off the club formally and to introduce owners to its structure. Representatives from Tesla sales will be in attendance and we will ultimately open the gathering up to the general public around 15:00 for anyone who wants to show off their cars and answer questions about EVs and Tesla.

Date: June 5, 2016

Place: Red Deer – Supercharger/Sheraton

Agenda:
13:30 - People start arriving at superchargers (Owners/Tesla employees)

14:00 – Meeting convenes in boardroom: (Owners/Tesla employees)
  • Appetizers
  • Owner discussions
  • Some informal topics/announcements
14:30 – AGM discussion topics (Owners) [ can start earlier if logistics permit]
  • Club Mandate/Mission
  • Inaugural club executive and structure (Vote)
  • Fees discussion.
  • Activities/Volunteers
  • Q&A
15:00 – Supercharger meet and greet (Owners, non-owners(Public), Tesla)

Oh nooooooo! I missed the First meeting of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (June 5, 2016).
I haven't sign in for awhile and now I just reading about it :((((
I'm not an owner yet but I hope one day soon I will be.
I would love to meet lovers like me or owners whom maybe can take me for a ride somewhere. I don't know much about technical or mechanical stuff but I love Tesla and I want to experience in person things, not just reading about.
So if anybody is planning a short or long trip, let's say in Banff or somewhere else, and maybe needs company, please take me in consideration. I will pay the gas hahahahaah
Thank you everyone

Watch this site and the EVAA facebook group. anytime i head out i post it up.

hello everyone, one question for you experts.
What is the difference between the P80 and P85D both 2014? there are a real big differences?
Thank you guys
There was never a P80 but there was a P85. In fact there was:

85 - non performance rear wheel drive
P85 - Performance rear wheel drive
P85+ - Performance rear wheel drive with various driving enhancements and extra features
P85D - Equivalent to P85+ in most ways (though the seats were different) but with Dual motors, i.e. AWD
85D - Non performance dual motors
P85DL - P85D with ludicrous mode (improved throughput due to enhanced fuse and contractors).

For any members who might not have seen the email I sent out:

Georges Ayoub from Tesla has invited any and all club members (with plus 1s) to come to meet at the Tesla store in chinook this Sunday from 10 to 12, for coffee and a light breakfast. Apologies for the short notice, there was an issue with the mail out for the originally scheduled event so we¹re hoping that this manual email shot will get a few people out. If it is any incentive, some of us should be bringing new model Xs for your perusal.

If you are able to attend or even tentatively attend, please respond to [email protected] (or reply all) and specify you name and if you have a plus 1.

It would be great if we could get a few people out for this, and I hope to see you there!

There was never a P80 but there was a P85. In fact there was:

85 - non performance rear wheel drive
P85 - Performance rear wheel drive
P85+ - Performance rear wheel drive with various driving enhancements and extra features
P85D - Equivalent to P85+ in most ways (though the seats were different) but with Dual motors, i.e. AWD
85D - Non performance dual motors
P85DL - P85D with ludicrous mode (improved throughput due to enhanced fuse and contractors).

Wow gpetti, thank you so much for your reply.
As a new in the Tesla world, I would love to have owners advices and thank you to whoever will help me in pursuit my dream.

So like a said, Im not that technical or expert but I know something, I love this car and I love to feel the ponch when I push the accelerator.
In fact I need you guys advice.
I'm currently looking for a model S P85D which is easy to find for sale.. Not the same for the P85D ludicrous.. Sorry for my ignorance but ludicrous makes also the car faster, correct?
Let's say that I buy the P85D that comes without the following and I would like to add some upgrade, as a autopilot, ludicrous speed upgrade, premium upgrade package, ultra high fidelity sound... etc, do you think it will be possible to upgrade?

Thank you again

Wow gpetti, thank you so much for your reply.
As a new in the Tesla world, I would love to have owners advices and thank you to whoever will help me in pursuit my dream.

So like a said, Im not that technical or expert but I know something, I love this car and I love to feel the ponch when I push the accelerator.
In fact I need you guys advice.
I'm currently looking for a model S P85D which is easy to find for sale.. Not the same for the P85D ludicrous.. Sorry for my ignorance but ludicrous makes also the car faster, correct?
Let's say that I buy the P85D that comes without the following and I would like to add some upgrade, as a autopilot, ludicrous speed upgrade, premium upgrade package, ultra high fidelity sound... etc, do you think it will be possible to upgrade?

Thank you again
Ludicrous mode can be added any time for a cost. The other upgrades are harder to do after the vehicle is built. There are some aftermarket stereos made for Tesla so perhaps you can do without the premium audio. The premium package was skipped by a number of people as it didn't add much functionality I don't think.