Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20160822_224638.png

Price in USD

Last edited:
I think they are using the new cells being produced by Panasonic at the Gigafactory - they were pretty secretive about the actual cells as they were proprietary technology so there were certain areas cloaked off during the grand opening tour. The factory is still in the early stages of "capacity" (especially compared to the hustle/bustle of the Freemont factory) so I can imagine they will fill orders for the high-margin P100D cars with these new cells and ramp up production to open up orders to 100D cars ASAP. I wouldn't say the new cells are "difficult to build" but rather difficult to produce in enough volume at this point to meet demand.

If these new cells are more efficient and the same size pack... makes you wonder if they can build a 60kW version that's almost 1/2 the weight of the 100 pack? I would love a light-weight performance Model 3...

• Informative
Reactions: skrenes
Would have rather had the larger battery pack, than ludicrous. Oh well
Likewise. Word has it that a regular D version is on its way though, so the perfect car is on its way. 500 km range is over half of what most fossil cars do, right? More than enough to get most places. :)

Those prices are insane! If Canada had a prince, he'd need one of those. This isn't helping the "Teslas are for rich people" mantra I am hearing everywhere, but I sure hope it helps bring the Model 3 along.

-- Updated --

Oh, you mean you shouldn't have gotten Ludicrous mode and waited for a pack upgrade instead. Oops. :oops: Maybe it's not as fast as a P100D ... but it's still a lot quicker than all the other cars out there. You know, for safety and whatnot. :D

Last edited:
There is also the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta Annual BBQ on September 11th 11-3pm at the CBC building on Memorial Dr NW. Open to anyone!
Update: We have nearly 60 people registered for the BBQ and EV Show & Shine on September 11th! We have a parking lot that will hold about 65 cars and it would be great to fill it up! The CBC Building on Memorial Drive and 16th Street NW is the location - here is the link to the EventBrite page for registration. Open to members and non-members!

REGISTER FOR BBQ

A great opportunity to see a variety of electric cars as well as all 3 Tesla vehicles - the Roadster, Model S and Model X. Tesla staff will be on hand to answer questions.

Hello everyone, I will definitely come on Sunday 11th as a future owner, not sure when :(
Does anyone of you go alone and maybe need company? I would like to go to the show with some owner.
Thank you to whoever will give me this gift.

See you there!
I've got some things to do in the morning, but I'm planning on arriving around noon. If you're still living in Sage Hill, I can pick you up around 11:30ish. Send me a private message with your address if you're interested.

Looking outside this morning it's a.... ? beautiful ?.. day for a car show and BBQ.
Has anyone arranged any shelter for the BBQ portion? And I'm suspecting less "show" for the car show?
Looks like it'll clear up soon. Hopefully a hot sun can warm things up and dry up the roads so it's less like a mud show.

Hey did you get my private message?
I just replied actually.