Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That doesn't sound good, what happened to you? Just a bunch of errors out of the blue?
Still in service since Dec 15th. Postponed completion date multiple times. Service tech driving the car, taking it to their homes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-123706_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-123706_Tesla.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Screenshot_20220105-123840_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-123840_Tesla.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 73
Wait so was the battery issue with the loaner, or your vehicle, or both? Far too many issues regardless, at this point if Tesla has no idea what’s wrong, they kinda need to start swapping parts aggressively until the issues go away.
I got my vehicle today fingers crossed will see how it performs. Sorry for the confusion:.There was no issue with the loaner. All issues with my vehicle.
Steering broke in February 2020, MCU in Dec 2020, Suspension broke in Aug 2021, and now battery Management system Dec 15 2021.

• Informative
Reactions: int32_t and Lon12
Wait so was the battery issue with the loaner, or your vehicle, or both? Far too many issues regardless, at this point if Tesla has no idea what’s wrong, they kinda need to start swapping parts aggressively until the issues go away.
Extended warranty was very useful.
Parts Replaced : FRONT JUNCTION BOX_HV DSTRBTN_MDLX(1049678- 00-H)
Parts Replaced : MDL X, THERM SYS, ELEC BATT HEATER(1048941-00-F)
Have to charge at home and see if its fixed.

Extended warranty was very useful.
Parts Replaced : FRONT JUNCTION BOX_HV DSTRBTN_MDLX(1049678- 00-H)
Parts Replaced : MDL X, THERM SYS, ELEC BATT HEATER(1048941-00-F)
Have to charge at home and see if its fixed.
Interesting. Those parts don't sound all that complicated, I'd like to get the inside scoop on what failed and why.

Was suspension covered by a recall? This seems to be a common issue.

For suspension I did not get a recall. I was aware it was on but there was no communication from Tesla. Same story with steering bolts.
This sounds like the Wild West cutting-edge Roadster days still. :( Hard to tell your tone in text, but I'm glad you're still hanging on haha. You must have one of the earlier Model Xes in Canada, but it's hard to excuse continued teething pains even in an "early" vehicle as Tesla has grown up a lot in the last five years and ought to understand the trouble spots better by now.

I've always wanted to drive electric, but there are (finally!) more options, thanks to Tesla forcing the industry's collective hand. When my Model 3 is five years old, if it has constant issues like your X, I am not sure if I would be so loyal—time will tell I guess. On the other hand, I'm not sure I would trust anybody else's battery longevity or cold-weather performance until proven otherwise. Tesla and Nissan have over a decade track record in this area, and only one goes the distance.

At any rate, with a new rev of parts replacing the old ones, hopefully your issues will be gone for good at this point.

I watch our Alberta grid production/demand every now and then. As an early EV adopter, I have been subject to the "How do you like your coal burning car?" harassment from other ICE drivers. So I'm happy to notice that we are down to our last coal fired plant. The Genesee #1, 2 and 3. Those are also partially natural gas fired now. Genesee represents only 7.7% of our grid capability.
If you want to charge your car during low grid demand you can view our production live here:
http://ets.aeso.ca/ets_web/ip/Market/Reports/CSDReportServlet