Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy I just booked the Tesla Factory tour for spring break vacation in March. Anyone else going to be there? Jawae mentioned to me he would be going this year.
I'm going to tell my youngest to "accidentally" leave the tour group and get some pictures of the Model 3. Lol.

Wanted to let people know we are making some great progress on setting up the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (this may be the new official name - so "TOCA"?). I anticipate we will have some organized group meets this year and several informal ones. Looking forward to being a part of a growing Tesla community in Alberta! Don't worry, we won't leave Edmonton out ;)

Thanks Pablo. I will be sending out another email to those registered for the club, to cover a couple of developments. In the meantime, I can confirm that the club will officially now be called "Tesla Owners Club of Alberta". No apostrophe after owners yet though I guess you could argue both ways (as we did earlier). It turns out that Tesla wanted a common format for club names where possible (that wasn't originally communicated). As we haven't really become too committed to the other name, and haven't registered it yet we will change the name to get in line with the standard. I guess we can change the name of this thread at some point too.

Calgary Auto Show

So I was told that because Tesla is not part of the Calgary Motor Dealers Association they were not invited to display. Is there any way the Club could buy a booth for next time?

Will the EV Association of Alberta be there?

I'd be in for a peaceful protest.... I mean friendly display in the parking lot one day. :wink:

Last edited:
So I was told that because Tesla is not part of the Calgary Motor Dealers Association they were not invited to display. Is there any way the Club could buy a booth for next time?

Will the EV Association of Alberta be there?

I'd be in for a peaceful protest.... I mean friendly display in the parking lot one day. :wink:
Hmmm... not a bad idea. Maybe Tesla would "sponsor" our participation in the Auto Show to promote Tesla as well. We could get them to provide the entrance fee, pop-up tent, signage, giveaways, etc. Something to strive towards for sure.

I got a request directed at Alberta and BC owners from an owner in Europe called "AnalysiZ" on TMC. He sets up road trips in Europe and he is thinking of trying to coordinate a reciprocal arrangement where he provides the opportunity for some owners (he used the number 5 as an example) to co-drive Teslas on a European route he and other European owners setup. In return, the 5 owners who participated in the European driving, would set-up a trip from Calgary/Edmonton through to the BC coast (or the reverse), similarly sharing Tesla driving duties with the European owners. As they are particularly interested in this Alberta/BC route, he thought targeting the request to our region (presumably we should share the information with BC if he hasn't already) would be most successful; however, presumably he could also find US owners who might want to do this trip if there are not sufficient takers in our regions.
I'm hoping I did justice to his request as he wanted me to relay this in "better English" but I believe he watches this thread if people want to comment on this. Presumably you could PM him (AKA "start a conversation" in new TMC speak) or for that matter you could message me with any comments too. I will also include this request in my next "news letter".

Reactions: beeeerock
Save the date: May 15 (Sunday) tentatively scheduled for first annual Tesla Owners Club of Alberta AGM and meetup in Red Deer. More details to come. A few members expressed that this Sunday may not work for them so we are also considering May 8th. Suggestions welcome.

I'm one of the ones unavailable on the 15th, so I vote 8th (but if it goes ahead on the 15th, I'll be there in spirit!).

New (proposed) date for the first Tesla Owners of Alberta is Sunday, June 5th. in Red Deer. Details to follow and although this isn't an official announcement - more of a "save the date" - I know that many of the "lurkers" on here will want to join us to talk Tesla and anything else.

I'll have the new stickers on hand!
IMG_4854.JPG
IMG_4851.JPG