Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gpetti

Supporting Member
Nov 6, 2013
Calgary, Canada
This thread will be used to manage meet-ups, meetings, and all things related to the owners club for Alberta.
As the name implies, the club is focused on Tesla owners who reside in Alberta but the club will also host events and social media for non-owners and also residents of other provinces.
To register for this club, you can either go to alberta.teslaownersclub.ca (Join Us) or email [email protected] and provide the following details:
Name; email address; TMC handle; City of residence; car year, type, color etc.

This club has been formally registered with Tesla. Tesla will:
  • Share their branding with a specially-designed logo for exclusive owners club use (with a licensing agreement in place)
  • Extend support for club events – like providing Tesla staff or the usage of Tesla Store / Service Center
  • Provide Tesla merchandise discounts to participating clubs
  • Streamline communications between clubs and Tesla via a dedicated e-mail inbox
  • Promote club events via their social channels
For our part they would like us to help them from time to time too, like with involvement in some of their Early Adopter Program activities and promotion of their Referral Program.

Last edited:
This thread will be used to manage meet-ups, meetings, an all things related to the owners club for Alberta.
As the name implies, the club is focused on Tesla owners who reside in Alberta but the club will be inclusive of any participants including non-owners and residents of other provinces.
Thanks gpetti, for spearheading this - especially considering the additional time commitments (twins) you've taken on these days! I'm in for sure - and the naming ATO or ATOC works for me too. I'm happy to contribute in assisting with group meetings/locations where possible. Yesterday driving around the city I saw 3 other Teslas which is the most I've seen "in the wild" in one day. It occurred to me there are a lot of owners who don't frequent this forum so perhaps when we create the dedicated URL or sub-URL that was discussed, it will be a neutral place for every owner to join in to. A distribution/mailing-list would be helpful for announcing meetings and special events. I'm up for managing the contact/distributions if we get there.

I am in.. Thanks GP
Can we get little "Founders" badges for our cars if we are starting the ATOC? :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, gpetti, there was some mention of some support from Tesla in forming local groups - I missed this. Is there somewhere this can be found and/or re-posted here? I'd be interested to hear what Tesla is doing to support owner/fan groups. For example, BMW club members pay $25/yr or something like that but get a significant discount on parts/accessories from the dealers. 20% IIR?

For the record... I'm a huge proponent of including people who aren't "owners" because these are often an equally enthusiastic group of people and it would be great to have their involvement as well. Also given the release "news" to "production" lag - it is likely many are waiting for Model 3 or X cars and would like to be part of the local club prior to receiving their cars. The naming can still say owners but I would advocate for open enrollment.

Can we get little "Founders" badges for our cars if we are starting the ATOC? :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, gpetti, there was some mention of some support from Tesla in forming local groups - I missed this. Is there somewhere this can be found and/or re-posted here? I'd be interested to hear what Tesla is doing to support owner/fan groups. For example, BMW club members pay $25/yr or something like that but get a significant discount on parts/accessories from the dealers. 20% IIR?

For the record... I'm a huge proponent of including people who aren't "owners" because these are often an equally enthusiastic group of people and it would be great to have their involvement as well. Also given the release "news" to "production" lag - it is likely many are waiting for Model 3 or X cars and would like to be part of the local club prior to receiving their cars. The naming can still say owners but I would advocate for open enrollment.
Guys hope you don't mind me chiming in here. We decided to have only Tesla Owner's and reservation holders in our Ontario club. The thinking was when we have club meetings (which have been every 2 months for the past 2 years) we have different points to discuss as opposed to enthusiasts or fans. This does not mean people aren't welcome to post in our TMC thread of course. In addition a member can bring guests to our meetings. The communication from Tesla was about 'owner's' clubs and they have an authorized logo that we can use that says Owner's in it.
John

I have 2 suggestions, having been part of the WSC previously we sported these banners/stickers - http://www.betacuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/053.jpg
Another would be to create some business cards for the forum that we can spread out to existing owners (with room for the referral link of course) and referencing TMC on the card.

Gpetti, if you'd like i'd be open to take submissions from everyone stating their site name, real name, car model and start the official member list.
once we have a few people on the list we can call our first meeting and get some official positions established.

has a domain been established for this group that we can associate emails with? i can get something registered, just need some suggestions.

Thank you Battman! I am seeing more and more every day. Based on the initial reaction from my friends who are truly seeing and experiencing Tesla for the first time, I think there may be some more sales coming. Everyone is blown away.

Welcome to the the best family in the world, The tesla family, the reason why it's the best, it's because they don't ask for money and won't cost you as well. Haha..

It s great to have you here. We ll have to meet and check out the new car.

I have 2 suggestions, having been part of the WSC previously we sported these banners/stickers - http://www.betacuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/053.jpg
Another would be to create some business cards for the forum that we can spread out to existing owners (with room for the referral link of course) and referencing TMC on the card.

Gpetti, if you'd like i'd be open to take submissions from everyone stating their site name, real name, car model and start the official member list.
once we have a few people on the list we can call our first meeting and get some official positions established.

has a domain been established for this group that we can associate emails with? i can get something registered, just need some suggestions.
I have registered teslaownersclub.ca The thinking was you guys would be alberta.teslaownersclub.ca and we would be southernontario.teslaowners.ca etc I registered it with Godaddy but haven't started the website or email yet. By the way we just got our logo back from Tesla. First club apparently. I'll post it shortly.

FYI guys, we are the first club to get our new logo provided by Tesla.
We will be making up name tags with Tesla lanyards.
In the near future the logo will be used on the soon to be website teslaownersclub.ca as well as social media accounts.
image.jpeg

Hi everyone, just to answer a few points/questions in one post:

In the form I filled in from Tesla it did ask how many "fans" were part of the club so I assumed that was part of the club;however, John's point is good and if we are having meetings with agenda points specific to Tesla owners we should make that clear. As far as I can tell, having a list of non-owners is probably not a bad thing and allows us to notify them when we might have meets that are just informal with lots of Teslas.

I have already started a list of members with details based on a combination of people I already know, TMC contacts and the Alberta EV group. At the moment though I 'm busy with twins, I am on a leave of absence so arguably I have more time to do some of these things. That said, I'm guessing I will need to reach out to people and delegate (thanks TEUNTSLA) to get things rolling.

Currently I have a couple more documents from Tesla - one to submit and one I will publish here that states the basic agreement between Tesla and the group.

i checked the domain for alberta.teslaownersclub.ca and its available, I will get this registered tomorrow, I can host the email for a while and get a website setup as i am a godaddy reseller. unless anyone has any objections? Gpetti, i will take further details off line and handle it through PM.

- - - Updated - - -

JGdixon, do we want plan to have all "chapters" hosted under the same website or do we want to setup individual sites? A common look/feel and ease of linking all chapters may be valuable.

i checked the domain for alberta.teslaownersclub.ca and its available, I will get this registered tomorrow, I can host the email for a while and get a website setup as i am a godaddy reseller. unless anyone has any objections? Gpetti, i will take further details off line and handle it through PM.
If teslaownersclub.ca has been registered by jgdixon, that means he already has control of alberta.teslaownersclub.ca and any other prefix that might be used. He will have to add DNS records to point to other provincial or local clubs using prefixes and presumably, the local chapters will look after their own sites.

- - - Updated - - -

JGdixon, do we want plan to have all "chapters" hosted under the same website or do we want to setup individual sites? A common look/feel and ease of linking all chapters may be valuable.
Yes I own the main domain. I envision one main site with tabs to the different regions. If someone was to type alberta.teslaownersclub.ca it would take them right to your portion of the site.
We will eventually be listed in a section of teslamotors.com under a new club section.

For all Alberta Tesla Owners wanting to be put on the member list please feel free to start emailing me at [email protected]. In your submission please provide your TMC handle, car details, City and contact email. For those interested in taking a formal in the club dont hesitate to mention it.

Thanks beeerock JGdixon for clarification, once we get to that stage we will be in touch.