Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, I'd like to be in the line just so I can say I was there!

Let's have a show of hands: who's crazy enough to plunk down a wad of cash on something they've never seen before?! :tongue:

I'd like to say I am, but I'm not. Hope it's still possible to get the vehicle by 2019 by the time I order! :frown:

Wanted to let people know we are making some great progress on setting up the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (this may be the new official name - so "TOCA"?). I anticipate we will have some organized group meets this year and several informal ones. Looking forward to being a part of a growing Tesla community in Alberta! Don't worry, we won't leave Edmonton out ;)

Some of us already did that last time. ;) I'm happy to do it again this time too.

Wow it really sounds like there will be a good sized group waiting for the Tesla store to open March 31st! See you all there. And yes, deposit going in without knowing what the car will look like. Usually from Tesla's history the deposit is refundable anyhow, so those on the fence should still do it as it is risk-free. There is reasonable certainty it will be the best EV in it's price range, so if you were already going to buy a Bolt or Kia Soul EV... just deposit for the Tesla Model 3, almost 100% chance it'll be better.

I saw two Tesla's yesterday (Friday) - black one outside a school in Varsity (picking up kids?) and a new blue charging outside the Marriott hotel downtown (they have a HPWC outside in the valet section). I think the Blue was a demo car that they are still charging downtown until Chinook chargers are up and running.

Some of us already did that last time. ;) I'm happy to do it again this time too.

this was my car being delivered, it was also the first time ive ever seen a Model S

9bCWBAa.jpg

So today was in Chinook and dropped by the Tesla store. Manager there said that there has been daily inquiries about the Model 3 reservations on March 31st. A lot of people and a lot of interest from current Tesla owners and non-owners. Sales of Model S going well too as an aside. She said that there has even been single people wanting to know if they could place a reservation for up to five Model 3's! Apparently, it's for friends and family who want one but can't make it to the store etc. The people in the store said they wouldn't be surprised to see a good sized line up at the Chinook location that day, since it is the only one in Alberta and a surprisingly large number of people have been calling from outside of Calgary. Do you guys/gals think there will actually be a big line up? That'd be a first for any car, let alone an electric one in the heart of oil+gas town.

By the way 3s a charm might need to change his alias to "Model 3s-a-charm"

By the way 3s a charm might need to change his alias to "Model 3s-a-charm"

Good one! 3s-a-charm came from when I signed on to the BMW forum it was my 3rd 3-series at the time (1985 318i -> 1987 325i -> 2006 325i) - man was that a sweet car. My first brand new car - it's hard to go back to used after that feeling. It really was sweet.

@McMuggets that must have been exciting - I remember seeing the trailer pull up at my house and being so excited I didn't care about paint blemishes or anything else. In hindsight I should have had someone else with me but man was that a great day!