Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Clubs in Canada

Were you aware there are official Tesla Owners Clubs in Canada? (Not a social media group)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s hard to justify joining a club that does exactly what occurs on this site, Tesla owners talking about Tesla’s is like iPhone owners talking about their new AirPods (guilty as charged) but it’s hard to see the benefits. That’s just my personal opinion and I’m sure others may see many good reasons to join.

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
It’s hard to justify joining a club that does exactly what occurs on this site, Tesla owners talking about Tesla’s is like iPhone owners talking about their new AirPods (guilty as charged) but it’s hard to see the benefits. That’s just my personal opinion and I’m sure others may see many good reasons to join.
Each to his own. This is a forum, not an owner’s club. FYI we are approaching 100 clubs worldwide. There are Porsche Clubs, BMW clubs etc so it is not unique.
We have interesting guest speakers, periodic social functions and sponsors that offer member benefits.
Check out the website before passing judgement.

Reactions: Duckjybe
I want to join but there’s a $50 annual fee. Fine, let’s say I do get it usually there’s also like a $20 cover fee for the monthly event. I love Tesla, but that seems excessive. I personally have been in many clubs, but never with an annual fee.

Reactions: Gerk
$50 seriously! it's not the money, it's the reasons for joining, I have none. All I seem to read was how the 14k rebate made the model 3 affordable, like they couldn't live without the rebate, then the same posters got $2k winter rimes, 4k PPF and window tinting and new mats and what every they could get. I don't think anyone is questioning the $50, i just don't see the point. It's not an integral part of ownership, I have owned a Porsche for 30 years without feeling like I needed to join a Porsche club either. A Tesla one even less. Official or otherwise, for some there simply is no interest. I personally just don't see a benefit.

Reactions: Gerk and MarcoRP
I am not trying to persuade people. If you don’t see the value that’s fine.
But most people are not even aware that clubs exist. I am not talking about the various online and social media ‘clubs’
But I want to clear a few things up.
There is a Facebook Group where you may have seen posts, but that is totally separate from our owners club.
Yes we charge $50 per year but we are not for profit. There is a cost to host the website, buy event insurance, it enabled us to buy a tent and other display materials etc.
Every member gets a name tag, lanyard, pen and window decal. We also bought 2 Chademo adapters that we lend out for free.
We also have many sponsors that offer discounts etc to our members.
As an officially sanctioned club by Tesla I have direct access to various management contacts to help with questions and concerns.
We are part of a community of close to 100 clubs world wide and share best practices and get together with Tesla once a year for a summit.
We have supported Tesla in helping new owners and prospective owners at some of their events.

The $20 fee for our monthly meetings covers the cost of a good meal and beverages, this is important as they are near the dinner hour for most people. We have had good feedback about our guest speakers and also our other periodic social functions.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Thanks
John Dixon
President and Founder

Reactions: Darthbenji