Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a rethink on this. I'm going to use my existing wheels for winter tires and then buy something different for the summer. Thus I'm looking for 20" now. I've looked into Nokkians and I've been told that (in Canada without special order) if I get R2s I can only get 265s- ie no 275s for the rear or if I get hakk8 I would have to get 275s unless I want studded. It appears that there is no problem going square with these wheels so I'll probably do 4 x 265 R2s. I got an estimate from Kaltire but Tunerworks appears to be $200 less for these tires. I've used them before with good results so I might go that direction.
Thanks..I am inclined to do the same as my son really wants black rims which i can use for summer tires.

Reactions: Paul8810
I had a rethink on this. I'm going to use my existing wheels for winter tires and then buy something different for the summer. Thus I'm looking for 20" now. I've looked into Nokkians and I've been told that (in Canada without special order) if I get R2s I can only get 265s- ie no 275s for the rear or if I get hakk8 I would have to get 275s unless I want studded. It appears that there is no problem going square with these wheels so I'll probably do 4 x 265 R2s. I got an estimate from Kaltire but Tunerworks appears to be $200 less for these tires. I've used them before with good results so I might go that direction.
I'd recommend the R2s over the Hakk8 as the R2 are low rolling resistance and I don't believe the 8s are. I have no experience with Tunerworks, however my experiences with Kal have always been positive, and I believe they're willing to beat other prices, so that's still an option.

I'd recommend the R2s over the Hakk8 as the R2 are low rolling resistance and I don't believe the 8s are. I have no experience with Tunerworks, however my experiences with Kal have always been positive, and I believe they're willing to beat other prices, so that's still an option.
Thanks for the info. I'm leaning towards the R2 265s too. I initially was skeptical about what the kaltire guy was telling me but the story from Tunerworks was identical.

Why isn't Calgary listed as a location for Inventory vehicles on the Tesla web site? I've only ever seen Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal.
I saw a nice silver one at the store today. :)
Calgary isn't a delivery Centre - only a mall store and we don't have the ability to perform PDI here. It may change with the opening of the service Centre.

• Helpful
Reactions: Footbag
Kal tire has Nokian. Tire rack does not.
I decided to go with the WR G3 20" staggered setup same as Tesla's 20" for the MX
From what I could find the R2s only come in 19"
I ordered 20" wheels with TMPS from Tire Rack. Saves about $500 when compared to Tesla's 20" offering

Just installed the 20" staggered Nokian G3's two days ago. I would say the tire noise is more than the 22" Good Year tires.
I suppose the more aggressive tread has something to do with it and perhaps the direction rotation but not sure.

Last year on Thanksgiving Day, a bunch of owners thought it would be fun to get together in Calgary on Crescent Rd for a little meet up. Let's do it again! Thinking Monday October 10th between 1 and 4ish. Anyone interested?
DJI_0013.JPG

Last year on Thanksgiving Day, a bunch of owners thought it would be fun to get together in Calgary on Crescent Rd for a little meet up. Let's do it again! Thinking Monday October 10th between 1 and 4ish. Anyone interested?
View attachment 197032
If it wasn't for that Crescent Rd meet up I probably wouldn't have bought my Tesla. So thanks again and hope to join you this year!

Scratched my belly again...
There is a very large crosswalk/sidewalk/speed bump in the parking lot of Woodbine Square, south of the Shoppers Drug store. It was my first time there and I didn't see how big it was in the shadows.
Suspension was in normal.
Only other place in Calgary that I have hit bottom is the Johnny B's Car and Truck Wash in Country Hills.
IMG_5517.JPG

Scratched my belly again...
There is a very large crosswalk/sidewalk/speed bump in the parking lot of Woodbine Square, south of the Shoppers Drug store. It was my first time there and I didn't see how big it was in the shadows.
Suspension was in normal.
Only other place in Calgary that I have hit bottom is the Johnny B's Car and Truck Wash in Country Hills.
View attachment 197188
Ouch! Is that the underbelly or the side skirt? I have auto-suspension raising now in a few locations - notably the Shoppers Drug Mart in Kensington which has a ramp that should be illegal LOL.

View attachment 197032
Yes! Great idea - I will be there. If you plug in 228 Crescent Rd NW, Calgary into the GPS it will guide you there. See you October 10th at 1pm
2016-10-03_10-49-54.jpg