Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool that your developer is good with a dedicated charging spot. Do you have access to the electrical panel where your 240 circuit would be located? You could always throw the breaker when you leave.
Most breakers are lockable so you could have a Tesla HPWC and just flip the breaker panel and lock it but that's a pain in the butt.

If it were in your stall the chances anyone else would use it would be minimal.

I have been postponing any move to EV as I don't want to move into a condo which I had placed a deposit on last January and not be able to charge it. I finally received confirmation from the sales advisor that they will be making adjustments to the electrical of the building to accommodate titled parking stalls with wiring included. They have yet to confirm additional details, but will provide an update shortly after they have the plans adjusted. The building will see foundations being poured soon, so timing is critical.

I have been postponing any move to EV as I don't want to move into a condo which I had placed a deposit on last January and not be able to charge it. I finally received confirmation from the sales advisor that they will be making adjustments to the electrical of the building to accommodate titled parking stalls with wiring included. They have yet to confirm additional details, but will provide an update shortly after they have the plans adjusted. The building will see foundations being poured soon, so timing is critical.
Cool! What building? My guess is Ezra? Legion/Truman?

Is @e46jb based on the E46 BMW M3? I actually sold my E46M3 (convertible) before buying my Model S :). Great car for the $$. I've also always been into cars... it's amazing how Tesla has "detuned" my thoughts on cars... if it has a gas engine I no longer think about it in the same way. If I had to get a "toy" now... I would be seeking out a Tesla Roadster :)

Yes, that is correct, the e46 is in reference to the BMW. I was a very loyal owner for many many years, but have grown tired of the stagnant growth and development within the brand. They were innovators with iDrive, but have not done anything to improve upon the functionality, although recently they have introduced lame hand gestures.

They are moving to Carbon Fibre based production, but the rate of advancement is slow when compared to other manufacturers. As I have yet to be an owner of an alternative to petrol, I cannot comment in the same way, but can understand your comment as a couple of short, non-spirited test drives have given me the love for Tesla and for electric vehicles.

I had a pleasant surprise today. While I can find myself driving throughout Calgary on a regular basis, I rarely if ever see a fellow Tesla driver. However, this afternoon at the corner of 37th and 17th Avenue a saw a model x pass me on 37 and then immediately after pulled in behind another model x turning left onto 17th. I guess times are changing, I was starting to feel alone with my model s.
Was one of them blue? I'm around that area frequently though I don't recall seeing another X recently.

I guess the exchange isn't that bad, through the late 80's early 90's we were very stable around 1.2-1.25. I guess we were spoiled for a few years being at par or near par.
I know that about 1 year ago in February it went to about 1.45. I know because Tesla initially set the X pricing based on that rate and it caused a bit of an uproar until some months later they brought the price down in line with the actual exchange rate as February was an outlier.