Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_6302.JPG
Calgary service center showing full parking lot with construction workers.
No room for doing donuts anymore.

Speaking of wraps... I'm very excited with the early visuals of my car being wrapped in an Xpel Stealth (Matte/satin version of Xpel Ultimate) by Protex Refine auto. A couple of pictures here as I think the comparison between the wrapped pieces and the non-wrapped pieces is very illustrative of how a matte wrap affects the look, colour and reflection properties of the car. Not everyone's cup of tea but I'm pretty happy with it. Come summer the wheels will be matte black too. Still not sure if I will do any chrome delete work.
View attachment 216012 View attachment 216013 View attachment 216014

That looks great! Love the way the Xpel Stealth matte film looks on certain colors in addition to the protection provided from the full coverage, in your climate it's well worth the full wrap be it Stealth or Ultimate. Also been installing the Xpel Stealth much more over the last year in Vancouver.

Here's a BMW M3 with a full Xpel Stealth matte clear bra I did a while back. Made a huge difference to the looks. Once done he added some carbon fiber flares on the sides which really topped off the appearance. Another one I like is the Corvette Z06, looked so classy when finished.

Do you have any finished pictures to share with us all?

We all know the price of solar is falling. Surely they can't raise it without questions being asked, although they might artificially hold it steady. Am I being naive? :confused:

Maybe you're already aware of this, but the Solar Energy Society of Alberta maintains a list of solar "providers" (not necessarily installers), which you can search by city:
Alberta Solar Providers Directory | Solar Alberta

Great meetup today - seems like we almost get more turnout to the informal meets than the official ones! :)

I believe we had 19 Teslas today and lots of parking (although by the time we left the restaurant the parking lot was packed - and surprisingly no ICEing the Supercharger spots!

Not bad for the "heart of oil country" - we have a great group of owners and it's growing stronger each month it seems.

PS. I didn't take ONE photo :(. If someone took pics/vid please share. I know @Footbag should have some footage to share. Whoever it was that had the "semi-professional camera" (by that I mean it was larger than a smartphone and she actually crouched down to take photos) could we see some of the photos you took?

No pictures and no one even checked in on PlugShare. :(
Wish I could have been there.
We missed you Lonnie! There were people taking pictures with tripods, filming with iPhones, and even some iPhone 7+ on gimbals. Could some people share their footage/pictures? In hindsight, we should have taken a picture with all eight stalls filled with Model S/X's and the Roadster in a spare space for plugshare... just in case Jim Kenzie or his sheep ever take a look at plugshare, haha (unlikely).