Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recall notice: Model S and Model X vehicles built between February and October 2016 for a potential manufacturing issue with the electric parking brakes that could prevent the parking brake from releasing.
I got the email.
I had complained about it this Monday and got a reply that it will be looked into.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me why the 6 wall connector's in Chinook Centre don't show in Plugshare? I only found them after checking the CAA website.

What are the best places to charge besides CrossIron Mills and Chinook? I want to mark down a few more places for when I stay in Calgary for a few days in July.

The Tesla chargers in Chinook were listed on Plugshare when they were first built but Tesla had it taken off of Plugshare as they didn't want them shown. They are "reserved" for their store vehicles. When I visit the store I always tell the staff I'm parked in their spot and they let me know if they are ok with it or not.
If the service centre is open by July that might be another option for you. :)
The Carl's Jr. NE location will output 80 amps. I'm not sure if there are any other 80 amp locations in Calgary.

• Informative
Reactions: Footbag
Can someone tell me why the 6 wall connector's in Chinook Centre don't show in Plugshare? I only found them after checking the CAA website.

What are the best places to charge besides CrossIron Mills and Chinook? I want to mark down a few more places for when I stay in Calgary for a few days in July.
Its not for public. They only allow you to charge if you are out of juice. Reserved for the test drive vehicles which are usually parked there. If you have to charge at Chinook you have to call them prefebraly in advance and a spot will be freed up.
I was once told by the staff there that a excemption would be made for me and l never went to charge at Chinook.
I have used Carls Jr 32 Ave, Ramada Plaza calgary airport hotel 3515 26th street, Wyndham garden 11 Freeport Cresent airport hotel. For over night there are quite a few charger friendly hotels.

• Informative
Reactions: Footbag
There's also the Tesla wall connector at Half Hitch Brewing Company in Cochrane (it's not far ... um, not too far, is it?). Plugshare doesn't seem to indicate how many amps it is capable of yet, though. Half Hitch had their priorities right when they built the building last year: even before the exterior lights were wired up, the Tesla charger was already on the wall and lit up! :) Good food too. Send me a note if you're coming so I can cycle by and look at your car ... ;)

Quick reminder to save the date for the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta AGM being held at the Sheraton in Red Deer (by the Supercharger) on May 28th (Sunday) starting between 12:30-1:30pm. More info to follow. Looking forward to seeing people there and having a growing involvement in a superb group of owners!

FYI, I spent the better part of the day today talking about Teslas to Grade 5-9 students at a local school. The school (where my kids go) has a pretty active environmental group (Bullfrog Powered, etc) so they wanted someone to speak about electric cars. It was hot/sunny/exhausting but super rewarding and my favorite quotes were when kids would claim, "Forget about Bugatti, my dream car is a TESLA!". That really put a smile on my face. Many thanks to @gpetti for lending me his super-sweet matte-wrapped P100D for the demos.
Interestingly enough, the kids seemed more focused on the self-driving capabilities and the related potential than any other feature of the car. Maybe it's because I painted a fantasy image of the kids eating breakfast, saying goodbye to their parents, going to the garage and telling their Tesla to drive them to school... drop them off and then drive back on it's own. The thought of that blew their minds! The older kids were really keen on the Tesla ride-sharing program potentials of self-driving cars. Great engagement and fun to see the future little Tesla owners getting exposed to electric cars at a young age.

My wife just spotted an HPWC at Sunshine Village today. Just one. It's not on Tesla's map, but I see now that it's on PlugShare (Don't recall seeing that there before). I had emailed them about getting EV chargers previously but didn't get a response. So I guess this is good news! It's in the valet/VIP area, so I assume if you valet your vehicle ($30) you can charge there for free - would be neat if their parking attendants could unplug you when you're full and switch to another vehicle if they're waiting. Has anyone used it yet?

I've finally seen more than a few out of province Teslas at various ski resorts this past winter, and I'm sure we'll see the onslaught of 3s and more Ses and Xes in the future.

You are invited to the following event:

TESLA OWNERS CLUB OF ALBERTA AGM & MEETUP
lottering.png

The Tesla Owners Club of Alberta is the officially recognized (by Tesla) Owners Club for Alberta. Learn about planned events for the 2017/18 year, support the club initiatives of spreading the word on Tesla and EV adoption and network with other like-minded Tesla owners over a light lunch at the Red Deer Sheraton (and the Red Deer Supercharger). We will be announcing a special event for members this summer!

Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:

Sunday, 28 May 2017 from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM (MDT)

Sheraton Red Deer Hotel & Supercharger
3310 50 Avenue
Red Deer, AB T4N 3X9
Canada

View Map

Attend Event
Share this event:

lottering.png

Join us for the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta AGM and Meetup and help us usher-in our second full year of operations!

If you aren't a member yet you can register using the link here: Join it - Member Management

Existing members are welcome to bring a spouse or guest (and kids) - the meeting should only last 1 hour.

A light lunch and refreshments will be provided.