Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla Owners Club of Alberta has been invited to the Horsepower Classic Car Show at Spruce Meadows on September 16th. I know... horsepower and classic car don't exactly scream "Tesla" and "Future" but I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to show people the future of the automotive industry and maybe change some minds in the process! All Tesla owners are welcome to attend - the Tesla Owners Club will have banners and signage and a roped-off section for our vehicles. I think a Christmas Easter Egg Light Show is in order! I wonder if they'll have an award for the quietest vehicle? :D

Here is a direct link for registration - use the Car Club registration even if you aren't a member yet (and why wouldn't you be?!) :).

Car Show Registration

OCCA Horsepower event.png

If you are interested in becoming a supporting member of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta (yes, even Model 3 reservation holders can join!) then visit www.TeslaOwnersAlberta.com and register!

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
This maybe the first CHAdeMO in Alberta.
Interesting story about the company behind it.

Plugshare:

Londonderry Mall | Edmonton, AB | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

FLOAvailable
CCS DCFC, CHAdeMO DCFC
FLOAvailable
EV Plug (J1772)
FLOAvailable
EV Plug (J1772)
Address
100A 1-Londonderry Mall NW, Edmonton, AB T5C 3C8, Canada
Description
Charge your EV from the sun. Solar PV powered charging station. One Level 3 charging station with 2 plugs (CHAdeMO and SAE CCS combo with J1772). 2 Level 2 charging stations. Free for at least the next 2 months. Need to use either the FLO Mobile App or FLO RFID Card to operate

Facebook video:

Simons

CTV Clip:

Simons set to open in Londonderry

Business in Edmonton:

Simons in Londonderry Gets the Eco-Green Light Treatment - Business In Edmonton

Attachments

• PL1.jpg
    PL1.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 46
  • LP4.jpg
    LP4.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 42
  • LP3.jpg
    LP3.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 40
  • LP2.jpg
    LP2.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 40
Reminder to register for the upcoming Horsepower Event if you haven't already. What a great way to cap-off National Electric Drive week by showcasing Teslas to the classic/muscle car crowd! They are quite keen on seeing us there and it's a great venue. Also, they are asking we bring a nonperishable food item for the Legacy Place Society - a worthy cause.

The 2nd Annual Horsepower at Spruce Meadows Classic Car Event –

Car Show and Collector Car Auction is COMING UP… only 9 days away

Auction Preview: Friday Sept 15 -- 6-9pm

Auction and Car Show: Saturday Sept 16 -- 9-4pm (Show Registration starts at 7am for last minute registrants; doors open at 9am; official start at 10am)

PLEASE PRE-REGISTER to be eligible for Hagerty Insurance ‘swag bags’ SHOW PRE-REGISTRATION

REGISTER YOUR SHOW-CAR

Click Link Above to Register

Thanks… we really look forward to seeing you all there!

Last edited:
This is a busy weekend of activities! Adding one more to the pile:
Tomorrow (Saturday) the EVAA (that's me!) is hosting Edmonton's National Drive Electric Week Expo. This is shaping up to be a super event at Southgate (home of the new Superchargers). We have food trucks, government agencies sharing what they are doing to be/promote Eco Friendliness, western Canada's first electric school bus, and more.

What we need are owners and cars! If you are able to, please come on by. Southgate has offered up a sizable amount of space, I'd love it we showed them it wasn't enough for all the EVs!

More info: https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=955
facebookaddX1.png

The latest from Tesla:
At least Calgary is glowing a bit brighter than Edmonton. ;)
Looks like GPS data and time spent. I see that in the World view 0 Lat and 0 Long has a blue dot in the ocean as well. That is what happens when the GPS data is zero. My iPhone does that every now and then.
The SuperChargers in BC show up as well.
View attachment 250669
Saskatoon does not bad. Maybe Elon needs to add superchargers on highway 16 in addition to highway 1 so Saskatoon is better connected through Edmonton and Lloydminster.

The latest from Tesla:
Looks like GPS data and time spent. I see that in the World view 0 Lat and 0 Long has a blue dot in the ocean as well. That is what happens when the GPS data is zero. My iPhone does that every now and then.
The SuperChargers in BC show up as well.
View attachment 250669

That is an interesting map. You can see a lot of small communities getting traffic too - like Drumheller, Brooks?, Edson, Hinton, Jasper, Swift Current.

I want to know who has a Tesla way up in Labrador on the coast!

Reactions: derekasch
The latest from Tesla:

Had a look at that page. Thanks for pointing it out.

When you consider that BC, ON & QC are (IIRC) the only provinces to have ever had EV incentives, then I'd say Alberta is doing very well. Calgary is #5 and Edmonton is #16 on that list. The only other community outside of BC, ON & QC on that list is Winnipeg at #47. Given the strong truck culture here in Alberta and the coal-rolling and obscenities I've had to put up with just for commuting to work on my bike, I'd have to say that the amount of lit up areas and Calgary's and Edmonton's standings on this list is quite excellent!

According to the service centre in Calgary yesterday, there are now around 500 Teslas in Alberta. Apparently September was a pretty good sales month for them.

Got a ways to go before one would expect the ICE manufacturers be even remotely concerned about their market share.
148,000 vehicles sold in Alberta in the first 7 months of 2017
Economic Dashboard - New Motor Vehicle Sales

• Informative
Reactions: Lon12