Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

MD-2000

May 1, 2019
Winnipeg
I see I had a typo. My fully charged to 80% is nominally 360 to 370, not 270.

Also, I recently took a road trip 130km by highway, at about 105kph in about 15C weather, so no heavy heat or a/c use. However, there was a headwind, maybe 30kph or more. I did put on the Aero hubcaps. Going out, I was using 4k for every 3k travelled, coming back it was almost exactly 1:1. We got home with 50km left , only the second time I'd seen the battery indicator turn orange.

So keep in mind, those of you on those also flat and windy Alberta and Saskatchewan plains it's not just temperature. It's also airspeed.

ElectricPeril

Feb 3, 2020
Calgary
As suspected, alignment was out significantly which explained the early bad tire wear. For $150 it’s worth saving $1500 worth of tires. Should have done this right away after receiving the car.

Was the alignment out over the past 4 years (looking at your signature that you have a 2016 Model X), or was this a new Model X that was misaligned out of the factory?

Zapped

Model S - PURE EV
Aug 8, 2012
Work<->Home
Was the alignment out over the past 4 years (looking at your signature that you have a 2016 Model X), or was this a new Model X that was misaligned out of the factory?
I believe so. Factory alignment has been an issue in the past and I understand alignment can go out during shipping depending on how it's secured. Pots holes are a problem around here too but I'm still think a $150 on an alignment is well spent from day one.

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
So, work sent me out of town last week. After pulling out of Costco and heading out of the city, I swear I had a Model Y behind me. Blacked out chrome, looked taller than Model 3.

lotuni

Oct 5, 2015
Edmonton, AB
I believe so. Factory alignment has been an issue in the past and I understand alignment can go out during shipping depending on how it's secured. Pots holes are a problem around here too but I'm still think a $150 on an alignment is well spent from day one.

Where did you end up taking it for the alignment?

SMSMD

Dec 2, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Parts Ordered
  1. MSX VCM, MCU, TEGRA DAUGHTER BOARD REV-B/C - PROVISIONED (64 GB) - REMANUFACTURED
    Part #: 2728212-S0-B
    Order Date: November 25, 2020
    20201124_120909.jpg

3s-a-charm

Jul 18, 2014
Calgary, Canada
As suspected, alignment was out significantly which explained the early bad tire wear. For $150 it’s worth saving $1500 worth of tires. Should have done this right away after receiving the car.
This is exactly what happened to me with my first car (P85D) - rear tires lasted about 6,000km before going to the metal of the tires. Sure I launched it a lot but still they wore most on the inside - you couldn't even see the wear unless you looked all the way to the inside of the tires.

Reactions: Vawlkus

SMSMD

Dec 2, 2015
It happened , Right suspension broke...a nerve wrecking, traumatic event. Understood after reading posts on this forum. I was lucky there was no accident.
I had stopped at the ATM CIBC Kingsway, drove out, turned left and applied brakes at the traffic lights..BAM BAM BAM. No clue what exactly happened but knew something very serious happened. Checked around the vehicle, NO blown tires, NO I was not driving on the right Rim/Wheel, rubber smell was obvious, wheel well was rubbed not broken. Dropped at Tesla service.

• Informative
Reactions: Vawlkus and Lon12

TLej

Little-Known Member
Dec 29, 2015
It happened , Right suspension broke...a nerve wrecking, traumatic event. Understood after reading posts on this forum. I was lucky there was no accident.
I had stopped at the ATM CIBC Kingsway, drove out, turned left and applied brakes at the traffic lights..BAM BAM BAM. No clue what exactly happened but knew something very serious happened. Checked around the vehicle, NO blown tires, NO I was not driving on the right Rim/Wheel, rubber smell was obvious, wheel well was rubbed not broken. Dropped at Tesla service.
Oh man, that sucks. I still can't believe they haven't issued a recall for this issue; I would log it with Transport Canada and maybe add your voice to the broken links thread. I hope they goodwill/warranty you for it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC