Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the sweet ride AC1K. How much do you expect the full wrap to cost? Can you recommended a "wrapper"?

sorry about the delay, forgot we had a canada section...

anyways here are the quotes

Good Morning

To do a complete wrap on your Tesla S with Xpel Stealth film the cost would be $5,000 plus tax. We would need your car for 1 week to complete . I would have time in the later part of August to take your car. Haven’t seen a model S in the shop . We have wrapped a Tesla roadster , Elise & exige
If you have any other questions let me know!

Kind Regards,
Jenn

Shadow Tinting
p / 403 250 8468 | f / 403 287 8460
[email protected] | www.shadowtint.ca

Hi,

The Cost for a Full Wrap on your car with the Xpel Film would be $3,500.00 plus GST

The Full Front with Full Hood, & Fenders and Bumper would be $1,700.00 plus GST

If there is anything else please just let me Know , Thanks

Thank you for Contacting Calgary Shield!

Both are for Xpel Ultimate and Stealth (there is no price diffrerence) however im going with ultimate because it has self healing, the stealth does not.

Additional reference point, I paid $1075 to have the full hood and front fender sections done in xpel ultimate. The rest of the car is done in tesla paint armour, expect the front lower passenger side bumper which is now 3m after the tesla ventur sheild had an encounter with a post during parking and had to be replaced. :cursing:

If I had to do it again I would have just done xpel ultimate aftermarket and skipped the tesla paint armour.

Paint Armour

I did order paint armor but was poorly applied and also sections were missing, i got a refund from tesla, the next step is to remove the factory paint armor and do a full Xpel Stealth wrap.

i figure its worth it because the car costs so much, i wouldn't normally spend this much on any vehicle but.... the Tesla is not just another vehicle.

Congrats on your new S. it is beautiful. I recommend Shadow Tint on Macleod Trail. Ask for Jarod. I had Shadow Tint completely wrap the rest of my Roadster last summer. The customer service was amazing. They did an excellent job. Here is why. I was very leery at first and did a lot of research and finally I decided to trust them with my car. Tesla did the front bumper and the side skirts. I had Shadow Tint do the rest including lights and windshield. A new windshield costs $1300 to replace on the roadster. Mostly labour.

When they did the work, they said that they had to repair a scuff to the paint on my rear bumper. I gave it to them scuff free. They painted it without informing me and did a bad job. I thought I was going to have an uphill battle. To my surprise and their credit, they said no problem we will pay to he it repaired. I took the car to Contemporary. I have no idea what the final bill was because they paid it but I am sure it would have been pushing $3,000 because they are expensive, but one of the best in town nest to Continental Auto Body. Any other place and I am sure that I would have had a battle on my hands. Shadow Tint and Jarod in particular have a lot of integrity in my eyes. I couldn't be happier with the job they did. In fact, it's going back in for warranty work. The bottom corner of my door has peeled a bit. Once again, they said no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I they charged me $2,800 for the 3M wrap and $400 for the windshield wrap.

Hi,
I live in Calgary and I just put a deposit on a model S though I'm not taking delivery until April. Looking forward to joining this elite group of Tesla owners. I probably should have asked this before putting down a deposit :) but here goes: how are Calgary drivers finding the winter driving with the rear wheel drive? I was holding out for a possible AWD model and I guess its possible they could be available before my build starts but not very likely. I'm hoping that you will all reassure me that this car will handle better than a typical RWD car.

Hi,
I live in Calgary and I just put a deposit on a model S though I'm not taking delivery until April. Looking forward to joining this elite group of Tesla owners. I probably should have asked this before putting down a deposit :) but here goes: how are Calgary drivers finding the winter driving with the rear wheel drive? I was holding out for a possible AWD model and I guess its possible they could be available before my build starts but not very likely. I'm hoping that you will all reassure me that this car will handle better than a typical RWD car.

It feels pretty similar to my last RWD car (a bmw 335d). I don't know why everyone hates RWD so much in winter. Yes it can be difficult to climb icy grades or get going from a standstill, but the much more important safety factor is braking. Also it lets you know how little grip you have so you'll tend to drive more defensively. Around here during a large snow storm, the overwhelming majority of cars that slide off the highway are 4WD/AWD SUV's...

+1 mnx. AWD/4WD gets you going a bit faster in uber-slippery conditions, but does nothing to help with your braking. That's why a lot of AWD owners overdrive the conditions and end up in the ditch.

I would like to have AWD, but it's not essential. Traction control, stability control, ABS, and decent weight on the rear wheels means this is not your grandpa's RWD. Good snow tires are more important.

Hi,

Never owned a RWD car until the Model S. We have only had a few days of really snowy conditions and so far no complaints with the 19" all seasons. The traction control seems quite aggressive and have not had any issues. That said I will be putting the xice3's on this weekend and wait for more snowy days ahead.

I found the forum elsewhere on Winter Driving Experiences (96 pages of it) but haven't been able to wade through it all. There is quite a mix of opinion but if I had to summarize, it seems that a RWD model S is probably better than some I.C.E RWDs. My prejudice comes because a few years back I was driving a RWD charger and after a winter I developed severe hill anxiety, particularly as I work near a very hilly part of Calgary (Mount Royal/Bankview). I remember if I saw a hill and someone ahead of me was slowing down I would curse them. I had to back down several hills and more than once I had to get pushed out of a precarious position due to the car sliding sideways while stuck. After that car I swore I wouldn't drive another RWD in Calgary yet here I am! I think there are several differences in terms of weight distribution, better TC, etc. and I'm guessing that breaking wise its probably better than my current Infiniti AWD. It's certainly true that with AWD one can get cocky about the traction and forget that the stopping distance is just as bad as without AWD. I'm definitely still excited about getting the model S but if they announce an AWD version in a similar time period to my order I think I would be all over it.
BTW, I've seen a black model S and a Red one both near my office on 17th Avenue and 9th street S.W. They are still pretty far and few between here in oil country :)

I found the forum elsewhere on Winter Driving Experiences (96 pages of it) but haven't been able to wade through it all. There is quite a mix of opinion but if I had to summarize, it seems that a RWD model S is probably better than some I.C.E RWDs. My prejudice comes because a few years back I was driving a RWD charger and after a winter I developed severe hill anxiety, particularly as I work near a very hilly part of Calgary (Mount Royal/Bankview). I remember if I saw a hill and someone ahead of me was slowing down I would curse them. I had to back down several hills and more than once I had to get pushed out of a precarious position due to the car sliding sideways while stuck. After that car I swore I wouldn't drive another RWD in Calgary yet here I am! I think there are several differences in terms of weight distribution, better TC, etc. and I'm guessing that breaking wise its probably better than my current Infiniti AWD. It's certainly true that with AWD one can get cocky about the traction and forget that the stopping distance is just as bad as without AWD. I'm definitely still excited about getting the model S but if they announce an AWD version in a similar time period to my order I think I would be all over it.
BTW, I've seen a black model S and a Red one both near my office on 17th Avenue and 9th street S.W. They are still pretty far and few between here in oil country :)

If you don't have really good snow tires, on rare occasions you need to turn OFF the TC to climb a very slippery hill. It gets a wee bit too aggressive and prevents the wheels from turning altogether! But yes the car handles winter conditions quite well overall.

As for Calgary, look at Stores Service Centers | Tesla Motors - you'll see they're planning a service center for Calgary! They're not gonna do that unless there are lots of cars in the area.

I find the Model S can be a bit stealthy; if you don't look right at it you might not notice it. It's not like the Roadster, which really stands out. This is especially true if it speeds by in the other direction (you pass a lot more cars going the other way!). Usually when I've spotted a Model S from mine it's because my passenger saw it first.

@gpetti
If you've gone for a test drive, I'm sure you know that you'll love the car regardless. Up here in Edmonton I drove my Model S for all of last winter on summer tires no less. The snow gets cleared pretty quickly and with the dryer conditions there were only a few days where driving was iffy. You're absolutely right about the weight distribution. Unless you add weight the trunk of your Charger it's like driving an empty pickup truck in the winter.
I think the damp slushy conditions are more prevalent and challenging in eastern Canada and give those guys a lot of credit for the stuff they drive thru. If they have no issues, there shouldn't be any here.
Actually there are a couple of Roadster owners I met this summer from Calgary that drive their cars all winter.

If you don't have really good snow tires, on rare occasions you need to turn OFF the TC to climb a very slippery hill. It gets a wee
bit too aggressive and prevents the wheels from turning altogether! But yes the car handles winter conditions quite well overall.
I thought I had responded to this a couple of days ago but I must have screwed something up. Anyway, thanks for the advice.
As for Calgary, look at Stores Service Centers | Tesla Motors - you'll see they're planning a service center for Calgary!
They're not gonna do that unless there are lots of cars in the area.
Good point and good to hear that Calgary is getting a service center! I also noticed that by 2015 we might have enough superchargers to drive all the way to
Vancouver and by extension all over the US. I was prepared to buy a model S even without a service center or any superchargers nearby so this is all icing on
the cake.
I find the Model S can be a bit stealthy; if you don't look right at it you might not notice it. It's not like the Roadster,
which really stands out. This is especially true if it speeds by in the other direction (you pass a lot more cars going the other way!).
Usually when I've spotted a Model S from mine it's because my passenger saw it first.
I like the term "stealthy". It describes the car well. Though I really like the look of it, it has a number of style cues that are reminiscent of other cars
so it doesn't immediately stand out in traffic (though my son always seems to point them out). That being said, I've noticed when I see one parked, any
pedestrians that are savvy about cars seem to stop and stare.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I took a test drive in Yorkville way back in May while on a business trip to Waterloo (I risked missing my return flight to sneak in a test drive). Clearly I was smitten as I've been plotting to buy a model S ever since. I was going to hold out for AWD but my current lease expires in April and I want to be in a model S by then - one way or the other.

Sorry, I just noticed your earlier post had been automatically put in moderation for some reason. It's redundant to your new post so I've deleted it now.

I think it would be a long wait for AWD. Tesla is making that a key feature of the Model X and its deliveries appear to have slid into 2015. Model S AWD, if it comes, would be later than that.

Thanks, i think something weird happened with my iPad. Then my reply to zapped somehow joined my reply to you, anyway I'll get savvy eventually.
I had heard rumors about the S AWD coming out in 2014 but no such information from Tesla as far as I can see. I'm guessing an AWD S might cannibalize some X sales anyway though if X is slipping maybe they should advance the AWD S. All very speculative on my part and I just want to own one at this point. Come on April!

But any word on the service center?

I spoke with tesla two days ago and I was told 3months, however not location yet,

I am in the process of purchasing a model s. However I have never really sat and don't really quite remember the dimensions. So prior to make the deed, if anybody around Calgary is interested in showing me their prized tesla s.
drop me an email. FYI. I don't want to drive it other than looking at the car and I promise I will listen very carefully and pat close attentions to any positive and negative comments.

I would love to hear about your car, is it solid, does it squeaks and rattle, winter driving, range, finding a charge station and perhaps driving on long trips,!
:biggrin: