Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!
I've been watching for this as I wanted to see what has changed since I ordered. My price is 1,050 higher than if I ordered it now due to the dark ash option which is now 0 instead of 1,050. Hopefully that will adjust before I pay, I could use any savings I can get

Thanks!
I've been watching for this as I wanted to see what has changed since I ordered. My price is 1,050 higher than if I ordered it now due to the dark ash option which is now 0 instead of 1,050. Hopefully that will adjust before I pay, I could use any savings I can get

Glad to know you ordered...my biggest worry is the falcon wing doors ...I fear they may not open when there is frost and snow build up while driving in Edmonton as the ultrasound sensors will see that as obstruction..Mark Z reported that his sensors malfunctioned in rain and he suggests to face the door toward sun to open the FWD. The sun and the service center are lacking here in winter and I cant imagine my kids and wife being stuck with a door not closing more than opening.:eek:

Glad to know you ordered...my biggest worry is the falcon wing doors ...I fear they may not open when there is frost and snow build up while driving in Edmonton as the ultrasound sensors will see that as obstruction..Mark Z reported that his sensors malfunctioned in rain and he suggests to face the door toward sun to open the FWD. The sun and the service center are lacking here in winter and I cant imagine my kids and wife being stuck with a door not closing more than opening.:eek:
I'm definitely a little nervous, hopefully the FWDs will be that much less bleeding edge by the time I get one. They might even have some hardware mods by then.

Believe it or not I'm aware of two other owners (on TMC) besides myself who are getting model Xs in Calgary. I guess that doesn't exactly make them common but you should have no shortage of owners available to show off their falcon wings. For the record, I'm "only" getting a 90D with 19" wheels.

Wow. That's definitely awesome. I was kicking around the idea of replacing my S with an X sometime for the practicality of having an SUV for the family.... but I can't get over this Ludicrous sub 3s acceleration of the S. I'll definitely have to check out your X sometime when you get it!

Thanks for balancing things :) As you can both imagine I get most reports good and bad and I'm well aware of people who are reporting problems. I think it is worth noting that there were (and sometimes still are) similar reports of the model S, especially the signature models. I'm very glad that this didn't put me off my S. I'm hoping I don't end up with an X that has persistent nagging issues but this is clearly not everyones experience even now and by the time I get one, it will be that much more reliable. I may be on the bleeding edge for Alberta but not for the whole fleet and not even for cold climates as there are US regions that get even more punishing winters than we do (especially this year). That being said I understand that not everyone is willing to take the risk of being a earlyish adopter and I respect that. Wish me luck!

Reactions: Footbag
Had some fun this weekend...

Cool! There's some really great footage in there. (I liked the curvy-road straight down view the best.) How fast were you going when the drone was keeping up with the car? Do you let everybody drive your Model S? And here I thought I had a special privilege. :D

---Edited---

My convocation is taking place this Friday evening, and there is an optional lunch beforehand. As a result, I need to get from Cochrane to Edmonton. If any of you are going up that way anyway on Thursday (after work) or on Friday and will arrive in Edmonton before 6:30 PM (or even better, before lunch time) on Friday, would you mind if I came along for the ride? I must admit I'm not a born conversationalist but I'm sure we could find something to talk about for three hours ... and I'll pay for 1/2 the electricity too. :cool::p
There's always the return trip on Sunday too, since if going there doesn't work out, I'll be finding a bus.

Last edited:
This might not amount to anything, but just thinking... would any edmonton owners be willing to donate their time/car Saturday... I'm thinking it would be a nice gesture if a group of us gave rides for Ft. McMurray residents who are calling the Edmonton Expo Center home (similar thing could be done in Calgary of course). Maybe we could take people to local businesses who are offering freebies/discounts, or wherever they want/need to go. If there is interest, not really sure how to best organize this, but am starting with this post first of all.

Great gesture, Footbag. I'm working tomorrow but would be all over that. Hopefully that works out. Ft. Mac is a mess now. Talk about salt on the wound there - they lose tons of jobs, the real estate market collapses and now half the town burns down! Hopefully they can rebuild - I guess there will be some work there now as they begin rebuilding homes?