Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ev chargers.jpg

I noticed 2 HPWC and 1 J1772 charger at the Chateau Lake Louise during my stay. Staff don't know about them, and they aren't yet in service. Still, good to know the hotel is increasing its EV friendliness. As it was, another EV driver (don't know details) wanted to charge but we had already 'booked' the single EV space. I left a note on my car in case they saw it and wanted to arrange something so they could use the space also

I noticed 2 HPWC and 1 J1772 charger at the Chateau Lake Louise during my stay. Staff don't know about them, and they aren't yet in service. Still, good to know the hotel is increasing its EV friendliness. As it was, another EV driver (don't know details) wanted to charge but we had already 'booked' the single EV space. I left a note on my car in case they saw it and wanted to arrange something so they could use the space also
I'm confused, you say they aren't in service yet, but they all have green lights glowing on them, I'm not sure what else would be needed to make them "in service"....

Dropped by the Chinook Tesla Store on the weekend. A few interesting points:
- current location is temporary because it's too small for them to have a Model X or even merchandise for display. Eventually will move somewhere else in the mall to a larger bay. I asked because I wanted to buy some Tesla clothing.
- will not have charging stations at the mall any time soon. Apparently the projected cost would have made them the most expensive charging stations in Tesla's history. Something to do with how the mall and underground parking is designed. Did not go into specifics. As someone previously mentioned, they charge cars overnight at hotels and two sales guys have 220V in their own garages, so they are lucky that they drive them home everyday.
- they are selling about one car a week. The salesperson I was talking to was saying they were happy with that.
- the sales staff, although very personable, did not know about certain things the average TMC member would. For instance, the most common question I saw asked of them was when is the Model X going to be in production. This one salesperson told three different people that it's not in production and won't be for a year. Rather than telling them it's in production (people started to get theirs this past week), but a year long waiting list, so get on the list now. Their answer must have turned away numerous people. I corrected that person.

Footbag, i had a quick chat with MarK L , service manager at Vancouver TESLA and said they haven't even started looking for a location for the NEW calgary Service Center. I would be shocked if we saw anything until the end of 2016. Sad.. we have been promised a Service Center for about Three years. TESLA moves at plate tectonic, you better not be too much in a Hurry. In regards the ludicrous, I have my money down on an order. The upgrade will have to be performed in Vancouver in early Spring, perhaps right after Vancouver moves to their new location. I believe you may be able to get it done in Calgary (tentative), however this could be a year away. I am not too sure If I can wait that long.

Hadn't checked our email but placed the ordered as soon as we got home. (thx Footbag for the heads up)

Based on my Model S sig delivery experience it could be another 3 months before we actually see the vehicle.
@Zapped, I'm so excited for you!! Are you going to go with Sig red again? My wife wants a Model X but only likes Sig red which isn't available now...

Hadn't checked our email but placed the ordered as soon as we got home. (thx Footbag for the heads up)

Based on my Model S sig delivery experience it could be another 3 months before we actually see the vehicle.
Congratulations. ..first model x in YEG. .is your price locked or will it change with the up and downs of the Canadian loonie?? your colour will be awesome.

Signature Red won out.

The agreement only refers to adjustments due to sales tax changes, so my interpretation is the vehicle price is fixed.

Interestingly on another thread someone calculated the US to CND comparative price conversion rate was 1.23 which sounds very good...
.... but in checking the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S comparative pricing I found the conversion was only 1.02 ( $169,600 USD vs $172,400 CND ) Unless I'm missing something it seems auto manufacturers cross border pricing can vary significantly and would be controlled by import / export restrictions.

Not so sure it will be the first Model X in YEG. I saw "MODEL X" vanity plate around town about 8 months ago. Can't remember the SUV mfg it was on, but you never know who's first and no biggy for me either way.

Last edited:
Santa was really good to me as well. Got a "Model" LOL S and a Roadster!
IMG_4371.jpg

Cool book.
My wife also bought just about everything that was on the Tesla Motors "Shop" page.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel like sharing details?
I got the OK to post details.
Tera applies the Xpel in your own garage after her normal work hours. All you need to do is supply a clean heated garage with enough room for her to work around.
I have a 240 volt electric heater that has the NEMA 14-50 plug if you need to borrow one.
You can SMS her at 483 2234. Calgary 403 area code.

Sorry for distracting everybody and changing the topic :biggrin:

I can't wait to see a Model X in person. Zapped is going to have an all-Sig-red, all Tesla garage! How cool is that?
(And how are both Teslas going to get to car shows? Maybe he'll need an extra driver …) :wink:

Right now there are 42 holds on EPL's copy of the above book. Seems like a popular document.

Cool book.
Mother in law bought me the same one.

I got the OK to post details.
Tera applies the Xpel in your own garage after her normal work hours. All you need to do is supply a clean heated garage with enough room for her to work around.
I have a 240 volt electric heater that has the NEMA 14-50 plug if you need to borrow one.
You can SMS her at 483 2234. Calgary 403 area code.
Does she also do prep on the car? (Paint correction etc? )
And are you able to post a price? Or a ballpark?

Mother in law bought me the same one.

Does she also do prep on the car? (Paint correction etc? )
And are you able to post a price? Or a ballpark?
I also was given a copy of this book :)

Also so just to reiterate, I posted pricing for refine auto further up this thread so it should not be a problem to post Tera's prices here too, if she is willing.

Last edited:
I also was given a copy of this book :)

Also so just to reiterate, I posted pricing for refine auto further up this thread so it should not be a problem to post Tera's prices here too, if she is willing.

I guess I'd better do this before I forget. I think it was around $800 for Xpel on everything I thought would need it to protect from the small rocks they throw on the roads here. So the whole nose including lights and bumper. Most of the hood. Mirrors, A pillars. I also had her cover the bottom of the doors up to the small bend.
I've always had 3m put on my new cars in Calgary using the dealerships. They charged almost double for it and never did as good a job as Tera does.

I guess I'd better do this before I forget. I think it was around $800 for Xpel on everything I thought would need it to protect from the small rocks they throw on the roads here. So the whole nose including lights and bumper. Most of the hood. Mirrors, A pillars. I also had her cover the bottom of the doors up to the small bend.
I've always had 3m put on my new cars in Calgary using the dealerships. They charged almost double for it and never did as good a job as Tera does.

What made you decide not to do the whole hood?