Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crappy - I had to have my lower control arms replaced last summer. I think Alberta's pothole-y roads exceed Tesla's original testing parameters... :( Replacing the LCAs requires dropping the battery pack (!!!), hopefully the uppers don't need that. Make sure that they do both sides, if one side is shot the other side won't be far behind, and if you're paying the tech to come for a visit you might as well get your money's worth.

Good point about having both done. The ranger echo'd that the LCAs needed the battery removed, but the UCA do not. Zapped, if an Edmonton visit is possible, I'll try to arrange to use your shop (if nothing else, to save the ranger from the cold of my unheated garage!)

So update to my 12v battery issue / ranger policy fun...

The ranger was great to deal with as usual. The battery swap was fast (everything would have been even quicker, but we got talking 'tesla'). He uploaded the latest software to the car, and he also looked into a noise coming from my steering. Seems my upper control arm needs to be replaced. So I get to 'fight' with Vancouver about the ranger fee to get the work done in edmonton in a few weeks, or I get to ask one of you Calgarians for use of your garage for the day, spend the ~8 hours travelling, and likely hang out while the work is being done, as it sounds like a big job that may take several hours.

Note 1: The ranger thought I couldn't (yet) install the update as the car was still blacklisted. I tempted fate and started the install, and it was just fine.
Note 2: You don't charge at all during an install (and heat doesn't work for periods of time). So I was stuck at Crossfield longer than I really needed to be.

Footbag.. I have a Hoist and an Heated Garage. Please let Vancouver know it is available. TESLA is more than welcome to use it.

Last edited:
I am looking for a hose reel or retractable lanyard to help suspend my charge cable from the ceiling, does anyone know where i can buy there?
i've checked canadian tire, princess auto, home depot, but no luck.

something along these lines
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w2avp9J4K...1600/Self+Retracting+Lanyards+%28Rigid%29.jpg

just enough to carry the cable, and retract when i tug on it.
Not sure, but if I were looking for such a thing I'd probably start by looking at princess auto...

exactly like that Footbag, now a little cheaper.

i had searched princess auto on the web only, but am going to scower it tonight by foot.

Agreed the link I found was a bit expensive. Let us know if you find anything, I'm sure there may be a few takers if an affordable item is located. There have been posts elsewhere on TMC about this topic, don't recall if specific items were mentioned (and if so, we still may have issues finding same in canada/locally).

Were you able to register for any of the Canadian events ? I'm trying to get in the Scottsdale event but the link must require some additional parameters to confirm it's coming from a Model X reservation holder

FEBRUARY 27 – FEBRUARY 29Scottsdale, AZRSVP TO THE EVENT
Got Confirmation:
Thank you for your RSVP
Meet Model X Tour - Montreal
Event Location:
Tesla Montreal5350 Ferrier Street
Montreal
H4P 1L9

Open in Google Maps

March 12, 2016
10:15am

@Zapped..Do you want me to book it for you..I don't know how it works(by proxy) but can always give it a try..I will not be going to either Toronto or Montreal.

Meet Model X | Tesla Motors

- - - Updated - - -

exactly like that Footbag, now a little cheaper.

i had searched princess auto on the web only, but am going to scower it tonight by foot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=107846&d=1452718522.jpg

Is this what you are looking for??

@Zapped..Do you want me to book it for you..I don't know how it works(by proxy) but can always give it a try..I will not be going to either Toronto or Montreal.

Meet Model X | Tesla Motors

According a TESLA contact coordinating the events from Fremont, all the US events are full. I'm on a waiting list for Scottsdale.
May have to go to Vancouver in March instead. ( unless the car arrives first..... but I doubt it )

According a TESLA contact coordinating the events from Fremont, all the US events are full. I'm on a waiting list for Scottsdale.
May have to go to Vancouver in March instead. ( unless the car arrives first..... but I doubt it )
I find it really unfortunate that Tesla is making it this difficult on you to go to one of these events given your ordering history. For whatever it's worth I'm pulling for you. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking for a hose reel or retractable lanyard to help suspend my charge cable from the ceiling, does anyone know where i can buy there?
This isn't local but I suspect it's closer to what you're looking for:

Products - Evocharge

To those of you who are familiar with Edmonton's chargers, I looking for some advice for a future trip.

On Feb. 19-21 I will be in Edmonton to attend a course that is being held at the Marriott River Cree. Unfortunately that hotel has no charging infrastructure other than a few parking lots with 110V. The closest hotels on Plugshare with Tesla chargers are about 20min away. I find it always much more convenient to stay at the same hotel as the course. A compromise solution might be to stay the first night in a hotel with a Tesla charger to fully charge up. Then stay at the River Cree the next couple of days and hopefully the 110V can cover my day to day driving until leaving. Hopefully the weather won't be too extreme.

Any other suggestions from those that know Edmonton better than i do?

New 12v and Window seals.

Really enjoyed the Ranger visit today. It is so great to be able to watch and learn as they take the car apart in front of you.
Had the new centre console put in. Also a new driver door handle unit and window seals for the small triangle side windows.
I went through a whole jug of windshield washer fluid yesterday with the big snow melt we had so I asked about better washer nozzles. He looked them up and parts is showing two different types of nozzles now. So I have ordered the new ones. Hope they "mist" or "fan" out more than the current squirt gun design.

Driver side door without seal:
IMG_4579 copy.jpg

New seal:
IMG_4581s copy.jpg

New 12v:
IMG_4535 copy.jpg

12v location under cabin air filter inlet (RWD):
IMG_4536 copy.jpg

I went through a whole jug of windshield washer fluid yesterday with the big snow melt we had so I asked about better washer nozzles. He looked them up and parts is showing two different types of nozzles now. So I have ordered the new ones. Hope they "mist" or "fan" out more than the current squirt gun design.
What did you infer from the Ranger about the nozzles? Is this an updated design we'll see installed at our annual service, or is it something you have to do specifically request and pay for?

The nozzles I have are fine if you aren't moving... but any amount of speed results in the bottom of the windshield getting sprayed and the top half turning to smeared grime.

What did you infer from the Ranger about the nozzles? Is this an updated design we'll see installed at our annual service, or is it something you have to do specifically request and pay for?

The nozzles I have are fine if you aren't moving... but any amount of speed results in the bottom of the windshield getting sprayed and the top half turning to smeared grime.
Ha! :) This is funny... I always laugh about my wipers - they are a joke, really. Maybe they work well in California but in Calgary they are not the greatest. I had the wiper blades replaced in the summer and before winter they were already streaking! I would appreciate more of a spray than a squirt for the washer fluid too...

I was told last week that the next Ranger visit is in March so I'm "top on the list" for that visit - didn't know until recently the Ranger was here - too bad they didn't have more room in the schedule.

For someone who likes detailing/cleaning their car... this Chinook weather is killing me!

Ranger said that he could only find about four of the different style nozzles in stock and they were in Europe somewhere. I'm sure it would be something you need to special order. We didn't talk price.