Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping that magically we will just get to place our orders within 30 mins of arriving on iPads provided to us, with attached credit card swipe things.... likely not but one can dream.
If it's anything like the S or the X reservation process you'll only swipe your CC to get a reservation number and they'll send you on your way, you won't actually place an order. Remember, this car is still 2 years away so there's no way they'll have the options list ready by now. The longest part will be typing in your e-mail address to get your confirmation.

It seems to me that anything is possible. Given that the store has been there for a while now and gets tremendous foot traffic, there could be a lot of people interested and waiting for this opportunity (doesn't necessarily mean they are willing to line up). Also I find that there although there are plenty of people who have never even heard of Tesla, there is also a very excited minority, most of whom are waiting for an affordable Tesla option. Even if only 1% of Calgarians have heard of Tesla and even if 1% of those were interested in the car, that would be 100 people lining up. That is not taking account of people coming from Edmonton and other cities in Alberta.

About 10 people in line at Chinook as of now... a bit less people 'camping out' than I would have expected. I would guess the line will get to ~50 by opening... Photo credit: EVAA (no i'm not in the line, but it sounds like my wife will be headed over to the Vancouver store since she is there)
tesla line.jpg

Reactions: Lon12
Well it was fun this morning. If everyone in line was from around here then it looks like our local Tesla number just doubled in one day! Let's hope that is enough to expedite the planned Super Chargers and service centre.
I checked myTesla and credit card. Still no confirmation of the Model 3 reservation.

Nice to see some familiar faces in the crowd this morning. I was #13 in line (Arrived from Edmonton at 05:40) and thrilled to see the turnout. Reading the other threads, it sounds like the turnout averaged at least 150/store with some (Scottsdale) reaching as high as 1,000!!

edit: One of the staffers mentioned some people came from as far away as MB and SK.

I really wonder if we'll here some numbers tonight at the reveal...

On a non-model 3 note, this is the first time I've randomly seen another Tesla in Edmonton. It just happened to be a twin of mine (mine's the clean one), except for tan leather interior. I parked next to it when I was at the gym tonight, but I was finished before this person was so didn't get a chance to chat or compare notes. Happy Model 3 day!Tesla twins on Model 3 day Mar 31 16-2.jpg

Reactions: Footbag