Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
@In2oil and I did the cart-racing intro there last year - it was a blast! Pure racing IMO.
Cool. Glad to hear you liked it. If someone could build me an electric kart using old Tesla packs I'd be in heaven. :)
When you start a race behind 30 other Rotax two strokes it can get pretty smoggy. :eek:

Last edited:
I'm on SkyFire's email list and get this message every year. For a change I'm actually close to Calgary and might be able to go. Are any of you going or possibly showing your cars there? (I wonder if somebody has received a Model X in time for the event ... that would be cool to see!) Charge your Tesla with solar electricity at the event too. :)

Details below.
on.jsp

aabb9f5e-b2ca-427f-9175-fc36a88e2939.png

6924fead-5034-40c5-8e54-1de6d829f1a0.png

When:

Friday
June 17, 2016
2:00 PM to 7:00 PM

Where:
4038 - 7 St SE
Calgary, AB T2G 2Y8

GetMap.ashx

Add to my calendar

Greetings!

You're invited to our annual Summer Solstice Party at our head office in Calgary. Come out and network with other solar enthusiasts!
We've decided to have another food truck this year - Jane Bond BBQ will be serving up their delicious local favourites.

If your electric vehicle is running low on juice, you are welcome to charge it with solar power at our charging station. If you're looking to learn more about electric vehicles, we plan to have a wide variety of EVs at our party so you can compare your options and chat with EV owners.
We will also be having our first silent auction to raise funds to install a solar PV system for a charity organization.
Don't forget to RSVP to enter the lucky draw!
You could stand a chance to win a solar powered USB charger.

9b8f2e93-028b-43bf-a46d-9f7a385f621a.png

<Yes, you have to RSVP but the links are personalized. Not sure what to do about that ...>

We look forward to seeing you at our Summer Solstice Party!
Sincerely,
The SkyFire Energy Crew
403-251-0668
www.SkyFireEnergy.com

Looking to get as many Tesla Owners out to the Inaugural meeting of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta being held in Red Deer at the Supercharger and the Sheraton Hotel on Sunday, June 5, 2016.

See official announcement here: Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

We will be determining as a group what the Club activities and events will be for the year and working on benefits for members plus another great reason to get together with like-minded individuals!

Looking to get as many Tesla Owners out to the Inaugural meeting of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta being held in Red Deer at the Supercharger and the Sheraton Hotel on Sunday, June 5, 2016.

See official announcement here: Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

We will be determining as a group what the Club activities and events will be for the year and working on benefits for members plus another great reason to get together with like-minded individuals!
As an added incentive, Tesla is going to provide some kind of gift to handout as well !
For anyone who hasn't replied yet, please drop us an email to [email protected] also confirming if you will be bringing a guest as we are trying to pin down numbers.
If you are an owner but not a member we'd be happy to sign you up too! For everyone else it would be great to see you after 15:00. Not sure if Tesla will be providing test drives but there should be a whole flock of owner cars and probably at least one roadster. Seems doubtful we will have any Xs by then so we'll have to do another in a few months.

This was a bit of a quandary for us as we definitely want to be inclusive of model 3 owners where possible. There are 2 issues we faced:
1. the owners meetings will ultimately be focused on owner topics and issues. New or pending owners typically have much different questions which could be difficult to facilitate without making future owners feel shut down.
2. Initially we are better off dealing with numbers that only count in double digits (in fact probably less than 30). Hopefully once we are rolling and a bit more setup we can deal with the future onslaught of model 3 owners. Right now my understanding is that there are probably more than 100 reservation holders so that would make things a bit difficult.

That being said, if one of the owners is interested in bringing you along as a guest or if you're able to come for 15:00 that would be great!

I still have to check my schedule to see if it works, but will try to make the Red Deer owners club meeting if I can. A convoy would be pretty awesome on the highway!

On another note, does any Model S owner here need OEM premounted winter tires? I have some very lightly used from Tesla. PM me an offer if interested.

TWO demo Model X coming to Calgary Mid June , hopefully service center opens up at the end of 2016 :).

I heard from the salespeople at Chinook that the service centre should indeed be open by end of year. Apparently the location has been chosen and leased - it'll be located in the general vicinity of Chinook. Also, the supercharger route due south into Montana is also scheduled to be done by end of year.

Vancouver has been saying "end of this year" for an Alberta service center since they started delivering Model S' 3 years ago. I put zero faith in anything they have to say about that anymore.
Ordinarily I would tend to agree. I first put an order for a model S in 2013 and back then we were about to get a service centre. What is different now is that certain people in Tesla who previously were NOT committal are now being more committal. My understanding is that this is in an advanced state but the location can't be published yet. I'm also under the impression that there are some potential resources in the frame too. I would grade this more like a 90% probability of the service centre opening by year end or worst case early next year. Last year I would have predicted about 1%.