Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to get as many Tesla Owners out to the Inaugural meeting of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta being held in Red Deer at the Supercharger and the Sheraton Hotel on Sunday, June 5, 2016.

See official announcement here: Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

We will be determining as a group what the Club activities and events will be for the year and working on benefits for members plus another great reason to get together with like-minded individuals!

Great idea, unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I'll keep an eye out for the other dates and hopefully I can make it next time.

On a separate note; did anyone visit the destination charging spot in West Edmonton Mall yet? I didn't realize they had one there until today when I was checking my phone app "ChargeHub"

• Informative
Reactions: Lon12
On a separate note; did anyone visit the destination charging spot in West Edmonton Mall yet? I didn't realize they had one there until today when I was checking my phone app "ChargeHub"

I see it's on Plugshare also. Haven't been there yet... but might check it out tonight.

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 6.18.22 PM.png

Cool! I really could have used it last winter. So who is going to be the first to take a picture of it for PlugShare? Footbag?o_O

Any excuse for my wife to go to West Edmonton Mall so we went tonight. LOL.
Bad news is the charge stations are located by the Fantasy Hotel entrance in Valet parking. The attendant said anyone can use the valet parking for a "small" fee... $25.00 / day. I guess that's still less than a tank of gas.

IMG_0853.JPG
IMG_0860.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Footbag
Chinook Mall has the new Model S Refresh:
IMG_5070.JPG

I noticed that the center console is slightly different than the one I ordered from Tesla last year. The front windshield defrost vents are now hidden like the original S had. LED halo daytime running lights are more solid looking. Can't see the individual elements like the old style. Same as the X lights I think.

The store also removed their charger location from PlugShare. They say they will not be able offer us parking once the Model X shows up.

Or they could finally put superchargers in Calgary :rolleyes:
Honestly, before they put Superchargers in either Edmonton or Calgary, I'd really like to see the east-west gap filled with a sprinkle of Superchargers from here to Toronto (and maybe farther). Right now it is possible to get from Edmonton to Calgary in a reasonable amount of time. It is not possible to get from Edmonton/Calgary to Winterpeg or farther in a reasonable amount of time.

Thought I would throw this here. These guys are going to be in Calgery end of June approx. they posted to the EVAA Facebook page asking to meet up to promote EV driving. They'll be in a Model X

Promoting Sustainable Energy
Hi I was just looking at posting this. they have emailed the club in case we had any kind of Canada day event going on but I told them in lieu of that we would see if we could get something together to meet other owners. Maybe we can propose a couple of dates on the owners club thread and if we find some commonly popular date, I'll advertise to the whole club.

Reactions: McMuggets
While not sure what thread to post in (Owners Group or this one), I'm going with this one :). For any Edmonton/area owners... if you want to drive down to the Red Deer event as a group, I'm proposing meeting at Gateway Park (the old visitor center) on QE2 just south of town. Leaving there ~10:40am. PM me if your coming (or just show up!). Looking forward to Sunday!

I will be leaving from the Mark's/Tim Hortons/Canadian Tire parking lot in Airdrie at at 1145 if anyone wants to convoy with me.

I will get there at 1030 and leave at 1145 sharp.
Post a response or PM me if you want to join me up.

Location 202 Veterans Blvd NE #101, Airdrie, AB T4B 3P2