Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think the Alberta government wants to encourage the purchase of vehicles that use less oil and gas. Too bad we couldn't be like Norway which seems to provide massive EV incentives despite the fact that Oil is their largest industry.

I spoke with tesla two days ago and I was told 3months, however not location yet,

I am in the process of purchasing a model s. However I have never really sat and don't really quite remember the dimensions. So prior to make the deed, if anybody around Calgary is interested in showing me their prized tesla s.
drop me an email. FYI. I don't want to drive it other than looking at the car and I promise I will listen very carefully and pat close attentions to any positive and negative comments.

I would love to hear about your car, is it solid, does it squeaks and rattle, winter driving, range, finding a charge station and perhaps driving on long trips,!
:biggrin:

Hope someone takes you up on your offer. I won't have a car until April so presumably you will already have purchased one by then. I originally test drove one in Toronto while visiting out that way back in May. Having made the decision to buy since then, I was itching to drive one again (particularly as I won't see mine until April). As luck would have it I had a long layover in Toronto last week coming back from a conference so I emailed the store manager and she agreed to set me up with another test drive. I took a cab to the store, did the test drive and then cabbed back to the airport. My son was travelling with me so he got a chance to drive it and wear the "Tesla smile" too. Despite the fact that I already had a deposit on a car, and that they had squeezed me in at the last minute, the store rep was very helpful and took as much time as I needed. Now I'm even more excited for April. I picked April because the lease on my car is up then but now I'm wishing I had pushed up the date.

Hope someone takes you up on your offer. I won't have a car until April so presumably you will already have purchased one by then. I originally test drove one in Toronto while visiting out that way back in May. Having made the decision to buy since then, I was itching to drive one again (particularly as I won't see mine until April). As luck would have it I had a long layover in Toronto last week coming back from a conference so I emailed the store manager and she agreed to set me up with another test drive. I took a cab to the store, did the test drive and then cabbed back to the airport. My son was travelling with me so he got a chance to drive it and wear the "Tesla smile" too. Despite the fact that I already had a deposit on a car, and that they had squeezed me in at the last minute, the store rep was very helpful and took as much time as I needed. Now I'm even more excited for April. I picked April because the lease on my car is up then but now I'm wishing I had pushed up the date.

LOL! Your experience sounds almost identical to mine! The dates are a bit different (delivery set for May 2014, test drove in March 2013 and again in October) but the overall story is the same; right down to waiting for your current car lease to expire. Though, I'm also waiting because I swore I wouldn't buy another vehicle in the Fall/Winter (Just a bad time to learn a new vehicle).

It's a bit comforting to know I'm not suffering alone. :tongue:

Hi,
I'm interested in any additional information on paint protection alternatives such as Xpel. I currently have Paint Armor as part of my order but clearly a lot of people prefer other types of protection such as Xpel I don't know anything about Xpel but from their website they show the following dealer locations in Calgary that do the Xpel film: Protex, Shadow Tint, Shadow Shield. They don't mention Calgary Shield (mentioned earlier in this thread). Edable provided some positive feedback about the responsiveness of Shadow Tint though it does sound like the work itself wasn't perfect (i.e. the scuff problem and the peeling). Does anyone have any additional feedback or recommendations on Calgary based Xpel applications?
Thanks

has anyone drove from calgary to invermere/windermere lake during winter in their model S?
Seems like it is around 280km, but also lots of elevation change with the mountains. I was wondering if you can do it without charging, as trying to convince my father-in-law to buy one.

has anyone drove from calgary to invermere/windermere lake during winter in their model S?
Seems like it is around 280km, but also lots of elevation change with the mountains. I was wondering if you can do it without charging, as trying to convince my father-in-law to buy one.
Don't have my car yet so I can't say for sure; however, it seems doable. Also, according to the Supercharger section of the Tesla web site, they will be putting a Super charger somewhere in the Banff/Lake Louise region and also one that looks like it could be Golden but they haven't published an exact location yet.

Xpel Ultimate - Costs for Refine Automotive Salon

Hi,
For others in the Calgary area, this is the company I've booked to do my Xpel wrap. The price is a bit less than one of those previously mentioned in this thread and a bit more than one of the others. This company has a lot of experience with high end cars and they have an employee that used to work in Texas and has done 4 models S' before. When the work is done I'll post pictures and my feedback on the overall experience and results. I've attached jpg version of the quote that includes pictures of each part listed.
GP

Job Description:
Xpel Ultimate - Wrapped Cost:
Full Hood, Fenders, Mirrors $1,180
Front Bumper $ 600
Rear Bumper $ 355
A-pillar & roof kit $ 505
Doors $1,180
Rear fenders $1,180
Rocker panels $ 300
Luggage Area $ 80

For a full car, which is everything on this list plus some extra pieces (such as trunk, head & fog lights) the price is $4500. To just choose off the above menu, please deduct 15% off the total for the purchase of multiple kits to come to the final price.

* The wrapping of edges where possible (particularly around the hood and fender), which is a highly technical and difficult skill has already been calculated into the price.
* We will be using the premium quality Xpel Ultimate film which has the ability to “heal” from minor injuries and scratching with the application of heat.

Attachments

• Refine Quote.JPG
    Refine Quote.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 758
Hi,
For others in the Calgary area, this is the company I've booked to do my Xpel wrap. The price is a bit less than one of those previously mentioned in this thread and a bit more than one of the others. This company has a lot of experience with high end cars and they have an employee that used to work in Texas and has done 4 models S' before. When the work is done I'll post pictures and my feedback on the overall experience and results. I've attached jpg version of the quote that includes pictures of each part listed.
GP

Job Description:
Xpel Ultimate - Wrapped Cost:
Full Hood, Fenders, Mirrors $1,180
Front Bumper $ 600
Rear Bumper $ 355
A-pillar & roof kit $ 505
Doors $1,180
Rear fenders $1,180
Rocker panels $ 300
Luggage Area $ 80

For a full car, which is everything on this list plus some extra pieces (such as trunk, head & fog lights) the price is $4500. To just choose off the above menu, please deduct 15% off the total for the purchase of multiple kits to come to the final price.

* The wrapping of edges where possible (particularly around the hood and fender), which is a highly technical and difficult skill has already been calculated into the price.
* We will be using the premium quality Xpel Ultimate film which has the ability to “heal” from minor injuries and scratching with the application of heat.

As a follow on from this, here are some pictures of the finished product and some of the interim steps.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...el-Wrap-on-Metallic-Blue-(Calgary-Refine-Auto)

I wonder how many teslas there are in Calgary. I am a new owner of a tesla models s p85. A couple of weeks ago I saw one in inglewood with a license plate shhhhh.. My car is identical to that one. Dark rims 21 inch, tech package sunroof, sports seats(not that sporty). Lightning pAckage, air suspension, I love it.

I had some minor issues with my tesla, the 12v battery keeps on getting low! As a result my car is in Vancouver for repairs? Anyone ever has this issue. On another note, I am having some serious difficulty using the voice activated features to work at all. Any advice?

12V battery system is a bit weak, IMHO. Just had my battery replaced again. Car is still awesome.

As for voice control, pause for a full second after the beep sound. If you talk immediately it doesn't hear the first thing you say.