Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful day in Jasper with all Tesla fans.

Attachments

• 20211024_125708.jpg
    20211024_125708.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 175
So I've been using all weather tires for my vehicles in Calgary for several years now. Our roads are rarely snow covered for long periods of time. I am using Nokian WRG3/G4 on my current vehicles. They have worked well over the years. Unfortunately they don't make a tire that will fit the Tesla Model Y factory rims.
So after a lot of researching I was able to find a 19"x8.5" Replika wheel that would fit the new Michelin Crossclimate 2 tire. With a 35mm offset the tire sits at almost the exact same distance out from the fender as the 20" stock wheel. I purchased the wheel/tire package from Tire Zone here in Calgary. They matched the price of wheel/tires from any of the online stores. Picked up the TPMS from Tesla.
I'm posting this in case anyone else is looking for an all weather combination for their Y.
So far I'm happy with the look, ride and noise on the dry roads. Keeping my fingers crossed that the snow performance will be acceptable.
Each wheel/tire is six pounds lighter than the 20" Induction wheels from Tesla.
How are you finding the CC2s? Decided to go with dedicated winter setup (Nokian Hakkas on 18s) but really like the simplicity of all weathers so interested to know how it's working for you.

How are you finding the CC2s? Decided to go with dedicated winter setup (Nokian Hakkas on 18s) but really like the simplicity of all weathers so interested to know how it's working for you.
I like them so far. They work well in the snow. Have not tried them much on ice yet. They do seem to hold more of our gravel than the Nokian WRG4 did. Took me a long time to pick all the rocks out the other day.

Hi,

Getting MSP this weekend, was wondering if anyone has an idea on how to do business registration in Alberta? the process itself?
Do I have to be there physically? what documents required? I already provided everything that Tesla asked me for.

Hey everyone. I think my SD card failed on my MCU, because maps won’t download anymore. Kind of annoying because Tesla was in there twice (daughter board recall and SIM card swap) and didn’t tell me there was a serviceable wear and tear item. Tesla wants to replace it with a 16 GB card and I’d rather use a 128 GB high endurance card so it’s never a problem again.

Anyway, I met a guy at the super charger at Cross Iron that did LTE upgrades. Does anyone have his contact number or know of someone that does that? I figured I could get that done along with the SD card, possibly more conveniently at home or the super charger. Thanks all!

Hey everyone. I think my SD card failed on my MCU, because maps won’t download anymore. Kind of annoying because Tesla was in there twice (daughter board recall and SIM card swap) and didn’t tell me there was a serviceable wear and tear item. Tesla wants to replace it with a 16 GB card and I’d rather use a 128 GB high endurance card so it’s never a problem again.

Anyway, I met a guy at the super charger at Cross Iron that did LTE upgrades. Does anyone have his contact number or know of someone that does that? I figured I could get that done along with the SD card, possibly more conveniently at home or the super charger. Thanks all!
That was probably Darryl Kolewaski, he has a service/parts/accessories company called Canada Electric Car Management and can do most service at your home or office in Edmonton or Calgary.

• Love
Reactions: skrenes
Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this entry…

I ordered my MY in October 2021. LR, Blue, 19”, white interior, and tow hitch $73k. I understood there would be a wait time and was happy to wait for the delivery. Original D date was March/April, then May, then June, then July/Aug now sometime between Aug to October!!! October will be 1 year.
Before everyone goes into the chip shortage/Covid etc. which are very valid reasons, odd thing is, couple weeks ago I created an order with the exact same specs and showed delivery of May 2022??
Believe me I am a realist, and don’t fall for conspiracy theories but either they are baiting people to order cars with a fake delivery date or I’m starting to think they are pushing my order because they can make an extra $14k by fulfilling new orders ahead of mine!

There is bad faith legislation in Canada and I am wondering if anyone knows if Tesla has been held to task on their false delivery claims?

I will be purchasing the MY for 2 reasons, I still believe it is the best EV on the market and also to force Tesla into selling me a vehicle at $14k less than the current price

Reactions: Arctic_White

I ordered my MY in October 2021. LR, Blue, 19”, white interior, and tow hitch $73k. I understood there would be a wait time and was happy to wait for the delivery. Original D date was March/April, then May, then June, then July/Aug now sometime between Aug to October!!! October will be 1 year.
Before everyone goes into the chip shortage/Covid etc. which are very valid reasons, odd thing is, couple weeks ago I created an order with the exact same specs and showed delivery of May 2022??
Believe me I am a realist, and don’t fall for conspiracy theories but either they are baiting people to order cars with a fake delivery date or I’m starting to think they are pushing my order because they can make an extra $14k by fulfilling new orders ahead of mine!

There is bad faith legislation in Canada and I am wondering if anyone knows if Tesla has been held to task on their false delivery claims?

I will be purchasing the MY for 2 reasons, I still believe it is the best EV on the market and also to force Tesla into selling me a vehicle at $14k less than the current price
That May delivery date is a guess, based off of the options you pick. If you pick the options (including color) that Tesla has in the assembly line, then you car gets built fast. If not, then it’s a waiting game for when those specific options go to the assembly line.

Hopefully this will become less of an issue as more lines ramp up, but there’s no way to know when.

I ordered in Oct and EDD was April. was waiting to move into our new house and SA said just wait to move before filling in contact info with address.completed that end of Dec and new EDD is June. Not pointing fingers but I believe that advice delayed my D date. Friend order in Sep and got his mid Feb.

I ordered in Oct and EDD was April. was waiting to move into our new house and SA said just wait to move before filling in contact info with address.completed that end of Dec and new EDD is June. Not pointing fingers but I believe that advice delayed my D date. Friend order in Sep and got his mid Feb.
That could explain my postponement as I too changed my address and delivery from YEG to YYC.
My only issue was a new build (exact specs) showed delivery of May and Ive been pushed to sometime from Sept./Oct.
I could simply be letting my disapointment get the better of me because 3 weeks ago i recieved an email to prepare for delivery and organize payment/financing, so of course I thought D was imminent then date got pushed :(

I'd visit your local Tesla dealership and see what they say. Looking at the forums it seems like they have been delivering Oct 2021 LR models. I have the same order except black interior ordered Oct 26 and current estimated delivery of June 9-23. I mean it could be some issue with the white interior that pushed your date so far back but if that were the case I think you'd see others reporting much longer dates too.

Anyone know of a non Tesla dealer who can do simple work like wheel balancing on a Tesla?

I find that the service center overcharges for simple things. Windshield replacement is especially bad... I can get the work done by a shop on Edmonton Trail for 1/3 the price.

Thanks.

Anyone know of a non Tesla dealer who can do simple work like wheel balancing on a Tesla?

I find that the service center overcharges for simple things. Windshield replacement is especially bad... I can get the work done by a shop on Edmonton Trail for 1/3 the price.

Thanks.
There should be nothing unique about tires and balancing - any tire shop should be able to do it.

The only thing you may want to verify with them is they have the proper lifting pucks for Teslas. I think we are common enough now, even here in oil country, that any name brand / reputable shop should have experience lifting a Tesla.

How's the resale/used market out there in Alberta? I tried to get a trade estimate from Tesla as was disappointed - $24,200.

I have a 2019 Model 3 LR AWD in White, White Seats, Enchanted Autopilot, FSD, free connectivity, only 23,000 KM. What should I be listing it for to move it ASAP?

How's the resale/used market out there in Alberta? I tried to get a trade estimate from Tesla as was disappointed - $24,200.

I have a 2019 Model 3 LR AWD in White, White Seats, Enchanted Autopilot, FSD, free connectivity, only 23,000 KM. What should I be listing it for to move it ASAP?
List it privately - trade-in is a convenience service and you pay the price for that. I'd expect you to be able to get mid to high 30s for that spec but you never know. I'd list for $35k and see how it goes.

CarFax says private sale $38,000 to $42,000. AutoTrader wholesale says $26,000 - $30,000.
Not including the FSD option. FSD is still showing $16,000 for me in the Tesla App.
"Enchanted Autopilot"! Sometimes it does feel like that. 🤣

You can't even get a used 2019 Prius for $24,000. It is a crazy how much they make on trades.

I think listing at $35 would move very fast.

It's worth at least $40K to the right buyer, who values FSD. Low kms also help. Free connectivity is just a bonus.

I'd say list it at $39.9K and see how it goes.

CarFax says private sale $38,000 to $42,000. AutoTrader wholesale says $26,000 - $30,000.
Not including the FSD option. FSD is still showing $16,000 for me in the Tesla App.
"Enchanted Autopilot"! Sometimes it does feel like that. 🤣

You can't even get a used 2019 Prius for $24,000. It is a crazy how much they make on trades.

I think listing at $35 would move very fast.
haha, autocorrect got me there, I can't edit the post!

Thanks all - I might try listing it, I did baby it, a 12 KM commute (both ways!) definitely helped keep my clicks down, combined with a June 2019 purchase going into COVID for a year+...

Looking for a place in the Edmonton area that can replace a windshield, or is the Tesla service centres still the only place to get a Model Y windshield replaced? Just got a quote to replace it and it is almost 2000$, up from 1500$ last time in 2021.