Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is apparently still in Fremont :mad::mad:

the dashboard indicated it was completed and "in transit" since March 31st. I tried to be patient but got fed up and emailed my DS last night. Apparently he had a medical emergency but one of the other DS's contacted me today and said my car was still in Fremont. No idea what is taking so long. She said she will try to expedite the delivery but I may not get it until early May.

This has been the longest April in history.

My car is apparently still in Fremont :mad::mad:

the dashboard indicated it was completed and "in transit" since March 31st. I tried to be patient but got fed up and emailed my DS last night. Apparently he had a medical emergency but one of the other DS's contacted me today and said my car was still in Fremont. No idea what is taking so long. She said she will try to expedite the delivery but I may not get it until early May.

This has been the longest April in history.
Bummer. Been there... done that... got the T-Shirt.

Bummer. Been there... done that... got the T-Shirt.
T-shirt, jacket, fleece, baseball hat, water bottle, thermos, toque, gloves, baseball hat (different one)
sorry this stuff is still going on. I guess it suggests that business is still booming. I have to laugh everytime someone suggests that Tesla aren't really production constrained. Have they tried ordering one? If they had a bunch of stock it must be buried in a very deep hole somewhere.
Refine auto won't be too suprised if you have to move the appointment. I've moved appointments several times. Unfortunately it can slow down the process as their resources may be less available.

T-shirt, jacket, fleece, baseball hat, water bottle, thermos, toque, gloves, baseball hat (different one)
sorry this stuff is still going on. I guess it suggests that business is still booming. I have to laugh everytime someone suggests that Tesla aren't really production constrained. Have they tried ordering one? If they had a bunch of stock it must be buried in a very deep hole somewhere.
Refine auto won't be too suprised if you have to move the appointment. I've moved appointments several times. Unfortunately it can slow down the process as their resources may be less available.

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones, I was told today by my DS that my Tesla is coming to Vancouver and I should be able to get it to Calgary soon (next week is going to be the attempt, but definitely by week after). My DS said that they have been ridiculously busy even before one of them had to take time off for medical reasons. Even while talking to me on the phone the DS sounded rushed, as if there as a huge list of others to call. For those who also own TSLA shares and are long, it sounds like Tesla definitely doesn't have a demand issue! Very excited to meet my new car, the days just seem to slow down as April ticks on...

As an aside, I'm surprised that the Dark Blue Metallic isn't an option any longer. Seems like there are only going to be a few P85D's out there in this now rarer colour!

Minor change for Sunday... I've been invited to go for a spirited drive in the early morning with some friends and won't be leaving Calgary till close to 11am. I will be in Canmore about noon or slightly thereafter. Sooo, if others will be there earlier I can meet for lunch then charge after or we can plan to meet at the charger around noon then go for lunch after a charge-and-chat. Thoughts?

Minor change for Sunday... I've been invited to go for a spirited drive in the early morning with some friends and won't be leaving Calgary till close to 11am. I will be in Canmore about noon or slightly thereafter. Sooo, if others will be there earlier I can meet for lunch then charge after or we can plan to meet at the charger around noon then go for lunch after a charge-and-chat. Thoughts?
I think I'll aim for between 11 and 12. Depends on how spirited my driving is. Actually sounds like we should watch our speed on the TC according to calgaryarsenal. Not sure about the 1a.

I too will aim for this time,

That will be great to see AC1K... long time and it's about time you drive it a little..
That great..:smile: Greg G won't make it this time.:crying:. He is in Fernie, as of last night. I plan on leaving at around 10ish and get to Canmore early 11 and perhaps walk around town a little:rolleyes:.

It will be great to see more Tesla s. I seldom see any Tesla in Calgary, if ever. The only ones I see are Gpetti or 3s-a-charm. I pretty much have to bride them to see their cars. LOL!!! just kdding! :redface:

One of these days I'll have to spend some time on 3s-a-charm's tesla and clean it my way! Pretty much do a Reverse Pablo. Inside Joke! I mean using tons of soap and Water LOL. Then I would spend some time Waxing the crap out of it. Yes ... it's an invite.:cool:

Last edited:

That will be great to see AC1K... long time and it's about time you drive it a little..
That great..:smile: Greg G won't make it this time.:crying:. He is in Fernie, as of last night. I plan on leaving at around 10ish and get to Canmore early 11 and perhaps walk around town a little:rolleyes:.

It will be great to see more Tesla s. I seldom see any Tesla in Calgary, if ever. The only ones I see are Gpetti or 3s-a-charm. I pretty much have to bride them to see their cars. LOL!!! just kdding! :redface:

One of these days I'll have to spend some time on 3s-a-charm's tesla and clean it my way! Pretty much do a Reverse Pablo. Inside Joke! I mean using tons of soap and Water LOL. Then I would spend some time Waxing the crap out of it. Yes ... it's an invite.:cool:
I will gladly accept a detail courtesy of in2oil :). I used water the other day but didn't dry now it's all hard water spots. :(

Sample pics from in2oils tesla detailing spa:
image.jpg
image.jpg

@gpetti, you could eat off that Tesla! Nice!

So we should have 4-7 Teslas in Canmore tomorrow?

AC1K
gpetti
3s-a-charm
in2oil
footbag
SULA
Nappe

Could be a good turnout! Earliest I can be there is about 11:30am but will try to be as early as possible. Lunch at Noon? Murrieta's or Iron Goat?

See you tomorrow! Stay away from those aerial police :).

Just wanted to confirm, is the plan to meet at the Supercharger starting at 11... waiting for everyone to join in by noon, and then to head out for some lunch?
Pretty much...

- - - Updated - - -

I won't be able to get away until around 11, but I am on the west side of Calgary. Should I come to Murietta's and catch up in progress?

Since this is my first time out, will a group of car/tech nerds be easy to recognize? :tongue:
I always feel left out because I don't have a Tesla jacket LOL. Just bring your pocket protector and you'll be fine. :)

@gpetti, you could eat off that Tesla! Nice!

So we should have 4-7 Teslas in Canmore tomorrow?

AC1K
gpetti
3s-a-charm
in2oil
footbag
SULA
Nappe

Could be a good turnout! Earliest I can be there is about 11:30am but will try to be as early as possible. Lunch at Noon? Murrieta's or Iron Goat?

See you tomorrow! Stay away from those aerial police :).
Murietas sounds fine to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I won't be able to get away until around 11, but I am on the west side of Calgary. Should I come to Murietta's and catch up in progress?

Since this is my first time out, will a group of car/tech nerds be easy to recognize? :tongue:
if you're leaving by 11, you may be there by 12 anyway, in which case just head for the supercharger as I don't think we will leave the SC until after 12. Will PM my phone number so you can let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, it's possible we may see a couple of roadsters too. I'm not sure if edable will make it but I think voyagevixen may attend with an orange roadster.

Just wanted to ensure that the invitation to meet in Canmore today is open to all - you don't need to have a Tesla - feel free to enjoy the drive and visit for some actual off-line conversation with other enthusiast/owners. Look forward to seeing everyone at the Supercharger around noon then off to Murrieta's for lunch. Should try to reserve parking out front for 5-6 EVs :)