Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in British Columbia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got one of the two HOV stickers I applied for today for EV's and it is about the size of the old Z95.3 radio station stickers that you saw everywhere in the 90's.

It must be applied to the bumper or rear windshield clearly visible to law enforcement. I'm gonna use few little bits of silly putty to stick it on the inside of the rear windshield. I guess my fax was quicker tham electrinically submitting the application.

It must be applied to the bumper or rear windshield clearly visible to law enforcement. I'm gonna use few little bits of silly putty to stick it on the inside of the rear windshield. I guess my fax was quicker tham electrinically submitting the application.

So is it a stick on such that it is on the exterior of the car, on top of the window glass or on the pristine bumper paint? Is it not like all the other 99.9999% of parking pass stickers that are applied to the inside of the glass? That is disapointing. Will have to check the mail tonight when I get home.

Fax eh? What's that :confused:?

Anyone had a Blackvue dash cam professionally installed by a Vancouver area installer?

Yep- I had mine installed by Ralph's Radio. They did a good job and it works well, except the Ralphs guys thought the rear camera did not work and the SD card was defective. However, I suspected that all that was needed was to have the card reformatted. Sure enough the rear camera worked as soon as I did that. I suspect that the Ralphs people are not as keen on Blackvue because they don't sell them. That said, they did do a good install.

Got the sticker as well. It's too bad it's so ugly, but I'll take the benefit. Still deciding the least unattractive place to put it. At least my car is white so it won't be quite as bad...

Again, I wish they offered a manufacturer exemption since all Teslas are low emissions by definition, but I presume the sticker reduces the need to train officers to look for specific brands.

I got my decal last week, I finally got around to calling the Ministry to get clarification on where it can be used, I travel along e.hastings in vancouver where there is a hov(bus/bicycle) lane. Lady that answered the phone basically said that any lane with the hov symbol (diamond) can be used by EV cars unless a sign is posted indicating otherwise.

Today's drive home was at least 5 minutes faster driving in the curb lane down e.hastings in vancouver.

Finally got my decal today. Still unsure as to whether we can access the HOV lanes leading up to the Lions Gate Bridge on the North Shore. I see they now allow motorcycles, when they didn't before.

received my decal. don't need it 100% of the time but may come in handy at times, so don't want to permanently attach it.

Thinking of trying some kind of transparent vinyl cling film cut slightly larger than the decal, and attach when needed to inside of rear window. Maybe something like the material used for iphone screen protectors? (the thicker type, which are easily removed and reattached) Anyone know of a source?

received my decal. don't need it 100% of the time but may come in handy at times, so don't want to permanently attach it.

Thinking of trying some kind of transparent vinyl cling film cut slightly larger than the decal, and attach when needed to inside of rear window. Maybe something like the material used for iphone screen protectors? (the thicker type, which are easily removed and reattached) Anyone know of a source?

Canadian Tire has that cheap cling on static window tint that comes in 35, 20, and 5% tint. I have some 20% tint laying around. I'll try it tomorrow and see how that goes. Great idea by the way f-stop.

Canadian Tire has that cheap cling on static window tint that comes in 35, 20, and 5% tint. I have some 20% tint laying around. I'll try it tomorrow and see how that goes. Great idea by the way f-stop.
thx. will be interesting to hear how that stuff works.

btw, I just found an old roll of this adhesive clear cover stuff at home, I'd forgotten we had it. It's just slightly sticky so easily removable, it's used to cover things like book covers or shelves. I just tried a 6"x3" piece of it with the HOV sticker and it seems to basically do the trick. It's sticky enough to adhere to the sticker's paper backing without removing the backing, so the HOV sticker remains as-new.

This particular clear cover flim isn't as sticky (maybe just because it's a really old roll?) nor is it as stiff as I was originally hoping so not sure how it will stick to the window long-term. Might need a slightly bigger piece to make stronger contact with the window. But boy now that I see how ugly that sticker is in the rear window, I'm certain I don't want it there permanently!

Finally got my decal today. Still unsure as to whether we can access the HOV lanes leading up to the Lions Gate Bridge on the North Shore. I see they now allow motorcycles, when they didn't before.

I was curious about this as well. I drive down from Whistler every weekend and the Sunday night line up is horrible. It seems that the lanes on the bridge are directly connected to the direction I am traveling, it's always opposite. Having access to that lane would really help. Although I think if it were allowed we might get a lot of people giving us the bird.

In the Times-Colonist the other day it stated that the HOV stickers were good province-wide in any HOV lane, as long as there weren't explicit signs saying they were not. It didn't say whether there actually existed any HOV lanes that had signage restricting EVs.