Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners In East Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother-in-law and I are both future Tesla owners. His is expected around mid-February and mine is expected around mid-March. He's picking his up at Tesla's location in Cedar Springs, I believe. I was hoping to pick mine up in at the service center in Tyler, but that may not be an option (I haven't discussed delivery yet).

Reactions: Pacernow
I hope so, too! I forgot to add (but, it can be assumed based on the title of this thread) that we both live in East Texas, but closer to Longview than Tyler. I'm glad to hear about your positive experience with the Tyler service center, but I hope I never have to visit them. I've owned dozens of gasoline-powered vehicles, but this is my first EV. In the past, I've typically performed my own maintenance and out-of-warranty repairs and even some in-warranty repairs as long as they are minor specifically to avoid having others work on my vehicles.

zroger73,
I hope that you and your brother-in-law have an uneventful delivery. I had some work done at the Tyler Service Center last week. Happy with the results.
I had forgotten about this thread then stumbled across it today and figured I'd update.

I ordered toward the end of January. My assigned delivery location was Tyler, but my delivery date kept slipping. I grew impatient and ended up finding my exact build in inventory in Dallas, so I had my brother drive me there after work one evening around the middle of April to pick it up.

My brother-in-law was supposed to take delivery in Houston. The vehicle ended up being delivered to Tyler which was closer, but the confusion delayed his delivery by a week or two. That, too, worked out in his favor because Tesla dropped the price $3,000 during the delay, so Tesla sent him a check.

I noticed his trunk lid is slightly misaligned, but I don't think it's something he'd notice. I had a couple of rattles I had to fix, but nothing major - one was the front camera cover and the other was an extra bolt rattling around inside the front passenger's door.

I now have nearly 6,000 trouble-free miles in my first four months of ownership and I'm seeing a lot more Teslas around Longview, Kilgore, Tyler. I've owned dozens of automobiles over the years, but this is my first EV. Based on my experience so far, I have no plans to ever buy another gas-powered vehicle.

I have had my 21 Y LR since February 22. I bought it from the original owner with just over 6K miles on the odometer and now the Y mileage is over 63K. Enjoyed driving this car. I agree that I do not see any reason to go back to gas vehicle.Hope you and your brother-in-law enjoy your Y's. Toyed with the idea of buying a used X, but can not convince myself that is a good idea.

Reactions: zroger73