TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

TESLA OWNERS IN FLORIDA WATCH OUT! Meet Wikipedia Founder Jimmy Wales

Discussion in 'News' started by Lennart, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Lennart

Lennart Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Hi everyone!

Me and my colleagues are about to launch an international communications and marketing platform for electric cars and renewable energies called "Columbus Challenge",

We are just doing a road show for the project and are very proud to be part of the 15th German Trend Day Summit on the 15th of September.

Since Jimmy Wales, the Founder of Wikipedia, is a special guest of the Trend Day Summit (, we thought it would be a great Idea to shuttle Jimmy Wales to the Airport in Florida and from Hamburg Airport to the Summit in electric cars.

Me and a friend, both Tesla Owners, take care of the part in Germany.

Now we are searching for a Tesla Fan who would like to drive Jimmy Wales from his House to the Airport in Tampa, Florida. You'll meet a really exciting man and get some cool pictures of Jimmy sitting in your Tesla.

Additionally you might have to organise a second car or order a cab for Jimmy's luggage (we pay for that of course).

So, is anyone interested in supporting us?
  2. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

Oct 15, 2008
    Warren, New Jersey, United States
    It might be worth a shout-out to the EAA in Florida as well. My geography is not very sound; this is the EAA site with the contacts for Florida. Let me know if I can assist further.
  3. thekohser

thekohser New Member

Sep 1, 2010
    A Tesla in Golden Acres?!

That will be an unbelievable sight -- a Tesla roadster motoring down the narrow lanes of the Golden Acres trailer park in Dunedin. Take many pictures!